New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
So jealous but happy that someone’s getting their wrangler out here. Still getting the runaround of no ETA for transport. Starting to wonder if they’ve lost my Jeep in the parking lot haha. Giving it until the end of the week before I bug the dealer.
Bad New!...
Went to get her today! She had so many issues, mostly the Sky One was leaking. As there was some weird issues/ damage to it. The passenger side had a bolt sticking straight upward piercing the sky one top. Will add pics later.
The steering wheel was deeply scratched on the leather in three spots. And the Air bag center plastic was scratched.
The rear passenger door jam looks like someone hit it with a sharp tool in 2 spots all the way down to metal.
The passenger seat made a thump noise while breaking.

There were gashes all over the plastic trim around the sky one roof interior

The wife’s foot went down after just a short 200 ft drive from lot to inside service to investigate the top and water was just dripping in.

Car was just delivered yesterday and the dealer left things for the most part wrapped for us as I asked. So this all happened at Chrysler and is just unacceptable.

I can’t believe how emotional it made me Feel that I just could not buy a $55k Jeep this way.

The dealership staff was very nice and want to reorder....but.....It will come down to if Chrysler wants to keep us as customers. As it appears Sky One is not order-able In Mojito when they tried this afternoon.

Very upset because we already sold our JK which was mint.
Sponsored

Punkie6

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Bad New!...
Went to get her today! She had so many issues, mostly the Sky One was leaking. As there was some weird issues/ damage to it. The passenger side had a bolt sticking straight upward piercing the sky one top. Will add pics later.
The steering wheel was deeply scratched on the leather in three spots. And the Air bag center plastic was scratched.
The rear passenger door jam looks like someone hit it with a sharp tool in 2 spots all the way down to metal.
The passenger seat made a thump noise while breaking.

There were gashes all over the plastic trim around the sky one roof interior

The wife’s foot went down after just a short 200 ft drive from lot to inside service to investigate the top and water was just dripping in.

Car was just delivered yesterday and the dealer left things for the most part wrapped for us as I asked. So this all happened at Chrysler and is just unacceptable.

I can’t believe how emotional it made me Feel that I just could not buy a $55k Jeep this way.

The dealership staff was very nice and want to reorder....but.....It will come down to if Chrysler wants to keep us as customers. As it appears Sky One is not order-able In Mojito when they tried this afternoon.

Very upset because we already sold our JK which was mint.
That’s heartbreaking, I’m so sorry for you guys! I hope the dealer does everything they can to make it right, that’s just an unacceptable situation for a vehicle to be delivered in that condition. I wonder if it left the factory like that or if it was damaged in transport? I showed my husband this post and he shook his head and said there is no way he’d accept the vehicle in that condition either. Best of luck getting this resolved.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
That’s heartbreaking, I’m so sorry for you guys! I hope the dealer does everything they can to make it right, that’s just an unacceptable situation for a vehicle to be delivered in that condition. I wonder if it left the factory like that or if it was damaged in transport? I showed my husband this post and he shook his head and said there is no way he’d accept the vehicle in that condition either. Best of luck getting this resolved.
Thanks. The wife even felt bad for me...I was actually tearing up. Was kinda emotional specially after I sold my Freedom Ed last week. My wife just said that i have put hundreds of hours into researching every little thing. What options to get and why, all the forum hours and then daily tracking. I mean I started this back in September and waited 3 months to find out the original dealer lied to me and never ordered it. That’s when I found list of dealerships hear and finally placed my order after waiting for all the restrictions to come off. Went from complete excitement, to @#$&*&$@ to almost a emotional breakdown. Just sad. The Sales manager didn’t even want me to buy it either....he saw how important it was which really made me feel good. I just hope mojito is still available. I told them I’m not in a hurry ... grrr. If I had some insider info if 2020 would have the Mojito I would happily wait.

First Name
Bob and Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Mojito! 2016 Renegade Black
Vehicle Showcase
We ordered ours on March 29, just a few days before you did and ours just arrived at the dealership. Took about 45 days.

Sponsored

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
Welcome to the Chicago transport waiting room lol. It’s been 10 days in KZ for me. Still getting the same no ETA status from Jeep Chat but holding out hope it’ll just show up any day now!
I'm in the same boat as you kind of. Mine has been sitting at the final rail yard now in Iowa for over 2 weeks waiting for a truck to the dealership. No ETA either. Took a week to get it unloaded from the train car, now its been sitting in the train lot for another week waiting for a truck. Sales rep thought it would get there by yesterday, but still nothing. Very frustrating. Ordered my JL on 3/22

Last edited:

jb3139

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, Bikini
Ordered our JL Sport S Unlimited in bikini pearl on 4/6, was delivered to dealership today...exactly 4 weeks.

However, we are away for the weekend and can't pick it up until Monday!

GeeMunney

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon
Ordered my JLU Rubi yesterday in Colorado Springs. So psyched to see some of the short waiting times! Although, even 3 weeks will feel like an eternity! Any indication of what leads to longer waits? Seems to be mostly travel times from the plant (getting stuck at rail yards). Are we seeing that the actual build times are about the same, regardless of build? Or do certain features cause significantly longer build times?

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I don't like to be Debbie Downer here but, for those of us who have placed our order within the last week or so, there is a scheduled production line shutdown looming.

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

This will likely have a significant impact on our wait times. But hey, they are working Saturdays up till the shutdown. Don't shoot the messenger.

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
I ordered on the evening of April 1 and picked up on Friday, May 3 in Atlanta, GA.

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 4/10/2019 and arrived at the dealership either this past weekend or today (5/6/2019). I found out from Jeep Chat that my JLUR is at the dealership this morning!!!!!??? You would figure the salesman would let me know.....I sent a text to confirm and wanted to take ownership ASAP...I was told "Your Jeep is not ready for pickup" Okay.......I drove by anyways and took a few pics. I ordered 5 315X70 -R17s They are awaiting the 5th tire before mounting them all. Hopefully I get to drive her home this week. I shouldn't complain. It was under a month to get a custom built JLUR.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

GeeMunney

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 5/4
Just got my VIN and VON from the dealer today (5/9)
Went D1 on 5/7, according to Jeep chat

Hopefully this means it's progressing quickly? GETTING. VERY. ANXIOUS.

JustAJeepn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ordered 5/4
Just got my VIN and VON from the dealer today (5/9)
Went D1 on 5/7, according to Jeep chat

Hopefully this means it's progressing quickly? GETTING. VERY. ANXIOUS.
I am right there with you. Ordered mine on 5/4 as well. Jeep chat told me D1 when I talked to them on 5/8. Anxious as well, but not getting to eager with the looming shutdown talks. :(

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I ordered my JLUR on 3/28, picked it up 5/1! It was sitting at the train yard for transport to my dealer for maybe 5-6 days before it showed up to the dealer, but I was in no rush as I was out of town anyway.

GeeMunney

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am right there with you. Ordered mine on 5/4 as well. Jeep chat told me D1 when I talked to them on 5/8. Anxious as well, but not getting to eager with the looming shutdown talks. :(
I just chatted with Jeep. Still in D1 today. So I asked about the shutdown. She at least pretended to go check. 5 minutes later came back and said there’s no news of a shutdown. I attached a screenshot of the chat.

E59BF969-4ABB-4273-9958-F6E36F470DED.png
Sponsored