Chicago Auto Show

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
This is where I give back to the forum. I am at Chicago Auto Show a day early.

Anyone want to know or see anything in particular? I can take photos, video, and try to find out any info.
Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Pics of the headliner inside, in particular, of the back end. I'd like to know if it goes down the sides of the rear windows.

Thanks

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you could take pictures of a few different Sting-Gray wranglers while you are there that would be great.

I kid. But you could badger the Jeep reps with questions about Sting-Gray which would make like 7 of the members of this forum including me forever grateful.

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Is Mojito there? If not, would you be able to find out the paint code or if it's been used on the Challenger/Viper (I heard Green with Envy?) from one of the reps?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Here isn’t a Charger in Destroyer gray, but in he Mopar brochure they have a Jeep that is gray but doesn’t appear to be Granite. Picture below.
69E2C0BD-55EA-421A-8044-B0E213C7D4F5.jpeg
749D71ED-6897-43ED-98AA-BB2AEC621D8C.jpeg
B8FCDE5E-E192-4317-8FEC-181FEA4C728C.jpeg

OP
OP

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
If you could take pictures of a few different Sting-Gray wranglers while you are there that would be great.

I kid. But you could badger the Jeep reps with questions about Sting-Gray which would make like 7 of the members of this forum including me forever grateful.
Reps and Mopar have no idea on Sting-Gray. Mopar Rep said it should be similar to the Granite, just not metallic. I said it thought it would be a little lighter than the Destroyer gray or about that color. He said no, it should be darker than that.

But I wouldn’t really trust him on that. It really didn’t seem like he knew what he was talking about. Just a educated guess. I wasn’t like he was confident in what he was saying.

OP
OP

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Is Mojito there? If not, would you be able to find out the paint code or if it's been used on the Challenger/Viper (I heard Green with Envy?) from one of the reps?
They couldn’t get me a color code on Mojito but it did look awesome in person.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Pics of the headliner inside, in particular, of the back end. I'd like to know if it goes down the sides of the rear windows.

Thanks
Didn’t see any headliners in the vehicles. Sorry.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Thank you so much for all of the great photos! I currently have a '14 JKU Altitude and I definitely will be picking up that black grille to add to my JLU, no matter the color (unless of course I settle on black, right now most likely Sting-Gray or Red). That white 2 door looks great with that, so thanks for the pics.

I'm also really liking some of the wheel options (I wish that matte black one was an upgrade choice on the JLUR) and the additional lights mounted on the front bumper!

Thanks again! I went to the DC Auto show, but they didn't have anywhere near as much stuff as this; the large area was dominated by Jaguar / Land Rover.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Reps and Mopar have no idea on Sting-Gray. Mopar Rep said it should be similar to the Granite, just not metallic. I said it thought it would be a little lighter than the Destroyer gray or about that color. He said no, it should be darker than that.

But I wouldn’t really trust him on that. It really didn’t seem like he knew what he was talking about. Just a educated guess. I wasn’t like he was confident in what he was saying.
After seeing Punk N, and Nacho, they match the Mopar beadlock rings. go back and look at the earlier pictures of the Mopar beadlock rings, the other color that we can’t confirm is the darker grey. I am betting that is Sting grey.