Sponsored

Review: B&M 6 Speed Precision Sports Short Shifter & Extended Transfer Case Shifter

Angrygecko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Any update on actual driving - day to day and offroad conditions? Is it worth the money? Does it feel more solid - aka gated?
Sponsored

2003hummerh2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Any update on actual driving - day to day and offroad conditions? Is it worth the money? Does it feel more solid - aka gated?
I have the same shifter and it’s not worth $260 unless you really hate the feel of the stock knob. It does feel a little more tight when shifting and the knob feels great.

Angrygecko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I have the same shifter and it’s not worth $260 unless you really hate the feel of the stock knob. It does feel a little more tight when shifting and the knob feels great.
I guess once I get mine - I will have to drive it for a while and see if it really justifys the $260 spend or not - I never did one on my JK since it took forever for them to come out with one - and I never had an issue with that one - I just know in my trans am - I had a pro 5.0 shifter and that was well worth the money - loved that shifter kit

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Haven’t seen any install posts on both of these yet, so I figured I’d start a thread on this. Installed the B&M 45197 Precision SportsShifter on my 6spd Rubi today along with the 81173 extended transfer case shifter. Not sure at first if I would like having the shifters at the same height, but the modification really made a difference in the leverage needed in throwing it into 4H. No more having to reach down and yank like hell.

https://www.holley.com/products/dri..._accessories/manual_shifters/jeep/parts/45197

https://www.holley.com/products/off-road/shifters/parts/81173

Pros:
  • 18% reduced throw make a difference in the shifter feel; shifting is also much crisper
  • Reverse lockout is a lot less obtrusive and has a better feel (no more off road out-of-position shifts where you want to slam it into first and fall into the reverse gate instead)
  • Extended transfer case shifter is a huge improvement; two finger 4H shifting is no problem whatsoever

Cons:
  • Cost (look into it and you’ll know what I mean)
  • I genuinely liked the high quality appearance and feel of the OEM shifters, so you should do your homework before contemplating the change

IMG_5161.JPG

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG
Won't void the warranty will it? I'm considering getting one. Not for the transfer case but for transmission. I always ran the hurst short throw in my YJ and TJs. Love them and that was usually one of my very first mods. Never had a new one like my JL and didn't know if it would hurt the warranty any.... Thanks! @CharlieH

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Am i wrong to not care about functionality - it just looks great

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Looks great!
Any one in the know think they will make color options?
Is the thread compatible with other after market shifts knobs such as Hurst?
The thread size is an M10-1.25. The problem w/ swapping knobs is that the bottom of the shift knob is recessed a good bit so that the reverse tab fits up inside the knob. Not to say a normal aftermarket knob wouldn't work, but it would either need to be drilled or it'd just sit a little differently on top of the reverse tab.
Sponsored