First road trip with the JL on 37's

Notasuv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hit the Keys for a few days of off shore fishing which was a good 6 hour drive for me. 2018 2 door JL Turbo. Dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift, larger Mopar brakes,upgraded control arm and steering...again all dealer installed...Ran 30 psi in 37 inch toyos on 20 inch rims , not my choice(yes yes I know will, go to 17 inch when time for new rubber) maybe.....Ran with 93 oct and for the round trip Avg mpg was 15.2 mpg.....Avg speed on interstate and turnpike was 80 mph up to 90...cruise control was set at 82mph giving radar more than enough warning time..Turbo was quite fun to drive especially when you needed a lil extra ommph...Handled like a dream even on uneven pavement not a sway or wiggle....was very impressed to say the least...dealer did a great job with the install hands off the wheel at 80 runs straight as a arrow....this is just my JL and my impressions..love bugs were nasty.....covered the front grille layers deep and no cooling problems at all and ran as it should....mind you this was just a total of 700 miles round trip I am still quite amazed the ride was as smooth as it was...noisy ...you bet.....as it should be.....taller the better for me as this is my fishing platform and the higher out of the salt/brackish water the better....First Jeep out of 11 with a hard top and I most enjoyed it as well......will not be going back to a soft top in the near/distance future....love no bugs, can hear the tunes, and feel the AC...sorry to ramble....

20190413_193126.jpg

20190311_092430.jpg

20190311_091413.jpg
Sponsored

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
Thanks for the book.....:) It looks awesome though!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Hit the Keys for a few days of off shore fishing which was a good 6 hour drive for me. 2018 2 door JL Turbo. Dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift, larger Mopar brakes,upgraded control arm and steering...again all dealer installed...Ran 30 psi in 37 inch toyos on 20 inch rims , not my choice(yes yes I know will, go to 17 inch when time for new rubber) maybe.....Ran with 93 oct and for the round trip Avg mpg was 15.2 mpg.....Avg speed on interstate and turnpike was 80 mph up to 90...cruise control was set at 82mph giving radar more than enough warning time..Turbo was quite fun to drive especially when you needed a lil extra ommph...Handled like a dream even on uneven pavement not a sway or wiggle....was very impressed to say the least...dealer did a great job with the install hands off the wheel at 80 runs straight as a arrow....this is just my JL and my impressions..love bugs were nasty.....covered the front grille layers deep and no cooling problems at all and ran as it should....mind you this was just a total of 700 miles round trip I am still quite amazed the ride was as smooth as it was...noisy ...you bet.....as it should be.....taller the better for me as this is my fishing platform and the higher out of the salt/brackish water the better....First Jeep out of 11 with a hard top and I most enjoyed it as well......will not be going back to a soft top in the near/distance future....love no bugs, can hear the tunes, and feel the AC...sorry to ramble....

20190413_193126.jpg

20190311_092430.jpg

20190311_091413.jpg
Don’t be sorry. That was a great, very succinct ramble! Catch any fish?

OP
OP
Notasuv

Notasuv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
2 blueline tiles, nice snowy grouper, a few mahi , some nice flag yellowtails..very productive 2 days...I am not really into deep drop fishing but the trips were free....snapper on light tackle a blast...

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Gearing?

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see anything wrong with those 20's, especially with tires that big.

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
nice ride bro

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@Notasuv
37 with 20 actually gave you more sidewalls than 33 with 17, just saying..
Yeah and 30 psi sounds likely over-inflated to me on something that light.

I used to run 24 psi highway on a full-size at 6500# with 37s, but they were the old school MTR's on a 15" wheel

bryston

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl

Jeep Wrangler JL First road trip with the JL on 37's 20190311_091413

love the look, whats wheel width?

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Probably not the popular opinion here but I really like the 20" wheels with 37s. Not that I'm ever going to put my money where my mouth is. Great looker.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Not a big fan of big rims on a Jeep. Just doesn't look right in my eyes. But as long as the owner enjoys it that is all that matters.
Sponsored