Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
My top ones would be:
A front window defroster that will actually defrost and defog the entire window and not just the middle
Seat belts that don't flop in the wind incessantly as soon as the window is down or the top is off
Heated LEDS for us that drive in the snow or freezing rain
Available mudflaps for Rubicon
OFR pages for the 7inch Uconnect, for that matter make the 7 inch actually Uconnect (in Canada you cannot get the bigger screen without the sub, which I didn't want)
Trail camera from the Gladiator
Locking hood
Built in Brake controller

I do love my Jeep though and have been driving them for years, but this was a wish list right
Sponsored

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
First time JeepGrrrrl here with a 2018 Sahara JLU in Mojito with lots of inexpensive int/ext red trim mods. My wishlist would include many items already mentioned by others on this thread but Iā€™d also like to see:

1) above-door rain channels that actually channel the rain away from the vehicle instead of all over the driver and passengers;

2) built-in grab handles in the center position above each seat;

3) power retractable soft top (MyTop is lovely but who has that kind of money?!); and

4) a pill that makes me taller and stronger so I donā€™t need to ask guys for help to get the most out of my Sahara JLU.

Live long and prosper! :)

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Actually I dunno if this was already mentioned but I'd REALLY like to see the turn signal stalk STAY forward for brights so my left hand alone will tell me if my brights are on withOUT taking my eyes off the road.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I dunno if this was already mentioned but I'd REALLY like to see the turn signal stalk STAY forward for brights so my left hand alone will tell me if my brights are on withOUT taking my eyes off the road.
well.... looking at where the lights are shining should tell you that.... Also the instrument panel. I'm not sure how this is an issue.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I would like to see:
  1. All improvements be backwards compatible with all JL years
  2. 2-door Sahara
  3. 2-door truck (Would that be a Gladiator or Scrambler?)
  4. Revised rear steel bumper option that is stronger and has more license plate protection
  5. 2nd rear tow hook
  6. Freedom top front panels with windows
  7. Extra wide fender option (like +2" beyond Rubicon fenders)
  8. Revised control arm lengths for the different models, including Mopar's lift kit. Six degrees of caster should be standard, regardless of lift.
  9. Updated tunes for the 2.0. The Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 (same motor) has 280 hp and 306 ft-lbs of torque.
  10. Larger e-torque BSG & battery in the 2.0
  11. Better tuning on the ZF 8-speed. I've driven other cars with this transmission, and they are more direct.
  12. 2.0 manual transmission option

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s my wish list items:

• Better place to put your phone - the small cubby below the window buttons is too shallow. It works ok, but if you accelerate too fast your phone goes out.
  • Better stock speakers & radio - the base radio sound is not good compared to even economy cars
  • More comfortable headrest
  • Map light (led... red, white, blue) in front cabin above dash

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Deeper dash board!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
eTorque on the 3.6L Pentastar... been waiting since 2018 launch!!!
Body color matched dash panels
Auto up windows
ALL but the auto up . My experience with my G.C. just recently -- Drivers side, select and goes up, but once it gets to the top it immediately returns down all the way open . . . pain in the arse ! Haven't taken it in cause I figure perhaps I'll let the dealer Deal with it after trade in on a new JLU or JT near years end, next MY !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto up windows. Heater to de-ice on the LED headlights, 7 way seats, forward looking IR for people and animals at night.
Sounds like your needing a Range Rover . . . ? As long as all these add-ons are OPTIONS not packaged into other items I might want, then have at it, but I try to keep it as "simple" as possible .

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm surprised so few mentioned an engine upgrade. Definitely need to see that diesel and a hemi option.
Yup, nothing fancy just another 10 or 20 hp -- if 10hp it'd be like the G.C. and if 20hp it be like the RAM DT . Prefer the 20hp myself, though they both add another (measly but useful) 9 ft. lb. of torque.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'd kill for some package like a TrailHawk or similar. Even if likely out of my price range it gives us some parts options to slowly upgrade in that direction.
Not sure what you mean . . . after all the Wranglers are all Trail Rated out of the box ! Skid plates, good ground clearance + . If you mean the 8.4" w/ off road pages and the badging, you can add more of that and buy the badge at the parts counter . Depends on your wants & needs . For me, just a well equipped Sport S for an average msrp of 46.5K the negotiate down to about 43.5K . No street rated tires though .

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
well.... looking at where the lights are shining should tell you that.... Also the instrument panel. I'm not sure how this is an issue.
Itā€™s an issue because we have been able to discern the condition of the headlights from the position of the stalk on other vehicles since forever, and we canā€™t on the JL, Sean.
Tactile input is a good thing.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My top ones would be:
A front window defroster that will actually defrost and defog the entire window and not just the middle
Seat belts that don't flop in the wind incessantly as soon as the window is down or the top is off
Heated LEDS for us that drive in the snow or freezing rain
Available mudflaps for Rubicon
OFR pages for the 7inch Uconnect, for that matter make the 7 inch actually Uconnect (in Canada you cannot get the bigger screen without the sub, which I didn't want)
Trail camera from the Gladiator
Locking hood
Built in Brake controller

I do love my Jeep though and have been driving them for years, but this was a wish list right
defroster that works - check
seat belts ? Snug them best you can, unless you want them making them out of metal strapping - ugh ;)
heated LED's ? as an Option, say as a winterizing option package ?
No mud flaps for me . . . it's a Wrangler !
off road pages standard with the 7 inch ? OK, but don't think jeep is gonna give up selling you the 8.4" UPGRADE ($$$) . EDIT/SUNDAY JUNE 30 -- Actually the drivers dash HAS Some Off Road Pages Data on the 7" !
Don't understand the next thing ? You talking subwoofer ? Standard stereo for me, upgrading the shitty speakers later .
Trail camera STANDARD on all Wranglers - SAFETY is paramount and this item makes off roading alone MUCH safer .
Locking hood - check
built in controller - nah, ONLY as part of the MAX tow package and then as an option on the standard tow package .
and I look for ward to the day I will "love" my Jeep JLU (or JT ?) as well ! :like:

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s an issue because we have been able to discern the condition of the headlights from the position of the stalk on other vehicles since forever, and we canā€™t on the JL, Sean.
Tactile input is a good thing.
But the thing is, if you're using the high beams, they are shining much higher than when on low beam. It is very easy to tell the difference based on where your headlights are shining whether or not you are on high or low beam.
Sponsored