Half doors

jspagat

First Name
Heffe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJU
Assuming half doors are offered on a later JLU as an OEM option from FJA, is there any sense of whether they will ever be available as a Mopar aftermarket product?
Sponsored

jspagat

First Name
Heffe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJU
Said another way, if I were to order a JLU like this afternoon, would I be condemned to a life of full-doors?

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Said another way, if I were to order a JLU like this afternoon, would I be condemned to a life of full-doors?
According to the video I posted - At 2:50 she starts talking about the JL Half Doors - "Those are not factory doors - those are going to be an optional door aftermarket from Mopar appearing around 2019" So it sounds like you'll probably only be able to get them aftermarket.

There's no reason to think they couldn't be ordered "aftermarket" anyway - you can do it for a JK as well, or just compile a list of part numbers and order them.

Sponsored

jspagat

First Name
Heffe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJU
According to the video I posted - At 2:50 she starts talking about the JL Half Doors - "Those are not factory doors - those are going to be an optional door aftermarket from Mopar appearing around 2019" So it sounds like you'll probably only be able to get them aftermarket.

There's no reason to think they couldn't be ordered "aftermarket" anyway - you can do it for a JK as well, or just compile a list of part numbers and order them.
missed that... thx. hope it holds true.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have half doors on my 2012 jk and love them. I got the retrofit sliders and while I like the glass I lost some elbow room and the metal can be sharp if you don't pay attention. I'll be budgeting probably 2k for half doors when they come out, I just love the 2 door Jeep's with half doors. That being said, power windows sure are nice too lol

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Another thing is if Jeep makes the uppers, which material will it be? Soft uppers only came with the base soft top materialon the jk, so if you get the premium the upper doors wouldn't match. I plan to order the premium and hope for the best but figure it will be cheaper to go from premium to normal the vice versa.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I have half doors on my 2012 jk and love them. I got the retrofit sliders and while I like the glass I lost some elbow room and the metal can be sharp if you don't pay attention. I'll be budgeting probably 2k for half doors when they come out, I just love the 2 door Jeep's with half doors. That being said, power windows sure are nice too lol
I would like a second set of doors, being half doors, but I just can't pay that kind of price for the privilege. I've been planning on just grabbing some nice tube half doors to compliment the future JL.

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Another thing is if Jeep makes the uppers, which material will it be? Soft uppers only came with the base soft top materialon the jk, so if you get the premium the upper doors wouldn't match. I plan to order the premium and hope for the best but figure it will be cheaper to go from premium to normal the vice versa.
I hope they figure(d) this out. This is the only reason I didn’t order the premium top on my JK. Currently though for the Golden Eagle JK, you can get tan half uppers to match the tan top which I believe is the premium material.