Sponsored

Who loves their soft top?

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a $50 option, the Mopar Bag is WAYYYY over priced
I just checked my invoice and I paid $67 for the Mopar ST bag when I bought it with my Jeep. Is it more if you buy it later? I think I saw $175 quoted earlier in this thread. Doesn’t seem right.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I just checked my invoice and I paid $67 for the Mopar ST bag when I bought it with my Jeep. Is it more if you buy it later? I think I saw $175 quoted earlier in this thread. Doesn’t seem right.
Like I said Mopar Bag is way to expensive, unless you buy at purchase inception. This just show how redicules Mopar can be, I am sure at $67 they have a decent margin then they RAPE you when you buy after the purchase of your rig.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Like I said Mopar Bag is way to expensive, unless you buy at purchase inception. This just show how redicules Mopar can be, I am sure at $67 they have a decent margin then they RAPE you when you buy after the purchase of your rig.
And for those of us that bought early, they were not even available for ordering.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

Our Trektop Family Window Bag fits the JL soft top windows. https://www.bestop.com/products/trektop-nx-family-window-storage-bag/

This bag includes inserts to completely separate the windows. as well as hold them in place, and then allows you to lay the windows flat.

No matter which way you go, creating your own or buying one, ALWAYS make sure the windows are never laying directly on top of each-other. The windows can stick or bond together and when pulled apart they can be ruined.

Something as simple as a sheet, towel or pillow case will work.

CassieAtBestop
@BestopTeam...will this bag work for the windows on the JL Trektop?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
And for those of us that bought early, they were not even available for ordering.
Yeah - that happened to me, but I got the dealer to honor the price and get me one when they could. I had it before I even took the soft top out of the box. :rock:

Sponsored

chuckmcleod

First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2015 JKU, 2007 JKR & 1998 TJ
Occupation
USAF
Love my PST! Lost my factory provided straps on a 3hr road trip. (I also forgot to lock the top down), but now I use bungie cords connected to the d-rings in the back to keep the top down. Too easy!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Love my PST! Lost my factory provided straps on a 3hr road trip. (I also forgot to lock the top down), but now I use bungie cords connected to the d-rings in the back to keep the top down. Too easy!
Factory provided straps? I've never used straps of any kind or had any problems with it staying down.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Same here

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I love the JL soft top, especially when its running in "safari mode." My only complaint, which hasn't changed since the YJ, is the awful plastic material they continue to use for the windows that scratches just by looking at it.

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I'm getting used to the new soft top, but I really miss the soft tops on my old TJ and JKs.

The top sits up way too high when folded all the way back. The TJ / JK would tuck all the way down behind the rear seat. I miss being able to roll up the rear window, throw the side windows behind the back seat and pop the top all the way back. I had it down to where I routinely stopped at a red light, threw the top back, and was ready before the light turned green. And the bows giving some shape to the top was part of the classic Jeep look.

The safari top mode is really cool though.

Sponsored

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
I'm getting used to the new soft top, but I really miss the soft tops on my old TJ and JKs.

The top sits up way too high when folded all the way back. The TJ / JK would tuck all the way down behind the rear seat. I miss being able to roll up the rear window, throw the side windows behind the back seat and pop the top all the way back. I had it down to where I routinely stopped at a red light, threw the top back, and was ready before the light turned green. And the bows giving some shape to the top was part of the classic Jeep look.

The safari top mode is really cool though.
Agree with this. My older Jeeps were 2 door TJs and I do miss the top not laying flush. Overall the new design is awesome. Easy operation. Very quiet.

I use these straps and it has helped with the bulkiness and makes it rattle around less

VELCRO Brand All-Purpose Straps | Strong & Reusable | Perfect for Fastening Wires & Organizing Cords | Black, 36in x 1in | 2 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00575600W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aP01CbSZ5X4H0

7351E0A9-A0F9-4C32-8483-009824419EC9.jpeg

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I really like my soft top and the locks work pretty well so no need for any straps yet (though mine didn't come with any). I will definitely get another or possibly a trektop nx glide next.
Sponsored