Sponsored

Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC*

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Rugged Ridge JL tube doors installed. I ordered these from Quadratec, less than $1000 shipped for all 4. Installation was very easy. The instructions weren't great but they were easy to figure out. The latch mechanism was pre-installed, but the hinges were not. You're supposed to put everything on loose and adjust from there. I found this rather difficult so when installing them I tightened them just enough to where they didn't move and made adjustments from there. I'm no pro at hanging doors, but it only took some minor adjustments to get all of my doors opening and closing very smoothly.

I think they look great on the Jeep, and the price was definitely right. The best part about them? ABSOLUTELY NO RATTLES! None, zero, zilch, even over uneven paved roads and dirt roads. This is one of my favorite mods so far... now if it'd just quit raining so I could get out out of the garage again.

On a side note - I disassembled one of the latch mechanisms just to see how it worked. These are extremely simple and would be very easy to fix if something ever went wrong with them. I was pleasantly surprised to see this knowing that there's no much on the product that could possibly fail. The entire latch mechanism is on a box that comes off with two torx screws, so if one ever were to fail, replacing it would take literally minutes. Finish seems to be extremely durable as well. I say they did an excellent job on these.

D5B-6QiWwAABjo8.jpg-large.jpeg
Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Got my Rugged Ridge JL tube doors installed. I ordered these from Quadratec, less than $1000 shipped for all 4. Installation was very easy. The instructions weren't great but they were easy to figure out. The latch mechanism was pre-installed, but the hinges were not. You're supposed to put everything on loose and adjust from there. I found this rather difficult so when installing them I tightened them just enough to where they didn't move and made adjustments from there. I'm no pro at hanging doors, but it only took some minor adjustments to get all of my doors opening and closing very smoothly.

I think they look great on the Jeep, and the price was definitely right. The best part about them? ABSOLUTELY NO RATTLES! None, zero, zilch, even over uneven paved roads and dirt roads. This is one of my favorite mods so far... now if it'd just quit raining so I could get out out of the garage again.

On a side note - I disassembled one of the latch mechanisms just to see how it worked. These are extremely simple and would be very easy to fix if something ever went wrong with them. I was pleasantly surprised to see this knowing that there's no much on the product that could possibly fail. The entire latch mechanism is on a box that comes off with two torx screws, so if one ever were to fail, replacing it would take literally minutes. Finish seems to be extremely durable as well. I say they did an excellent job on these.

D5B-6QiWwAABjo8.jpg-large.jpeg
Those look really, really nice. I'm still struggling between those and the EAG net ones for half the price, which seem to have good reviews too.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I want these so bad!!

This was their setup at Jeep Beach this year!

I like how they painted to match the color and the shade insert!!

I’m def getting them! Waiting for some type of sale.

E519E6F0-1607-4BC5-AE79-5DB5B39C9F67.jpeg
996DAE3A-C8D0-407C-BE1A-556F7D613621.jpeg
AB837C5B-E69B-44FD-8C94-03DF456DA12E.jpeg
0770D2DD-7FB4-437C-89F1-3B976A4C487F.jpeg

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
They look nice. Given that they cost close to the same, can I ask what factor(s) led you to choose these over the Mopar doors? Mirrors?
These were $858 shipped, including mirrors. The Mopar doors are $1200 shipped, not including mirrors, the best solution for which I've seen is the Chupacabra mirrors, which are only $40, but look like they lack a fair amount of adjustability. With those mirrors, since they're for a side by side, I can't imagine they wouldn't vibrate like crazy. I drove around last summer with no doors and no mirrors and I hated not having mirrors. Saving about $350 (or around $375-400 after mirrors) and not having to deal with sourcing my own mirrors was a plus.

Sponsored

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want these so bad!!

I like the mesh, never seen that before.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
These were $858 shipped, including mirrors. The Mopar doors are $1200 shipped, not including mirrors, the best solution for which I've seen is the Chupacabra mirrors, which are only $40, but look like they lack a fair amount of adjustability. With those mirrors, since they're for a side by side, I can't imagine they wouldn't vibrate like crazy. I drove around last summer with no doors and no mirrors and I hated not having mirrors. Saving about $350 (or around $375-400 after mirrors) and not having to deal with sourcing my own mirrors was a plus.
Thanks. However I’ve seen the Mopar ones for $998 which isn’t as big a difference, that’s why I asked. I do like that these come with mirrors as a part of the package. I’ve gone doorless just a few times and not having side mirrors drove me nuts.

https://www.buymoparts.com/oem-part...77072498ab?c=bD05Jm49RmVhdHVyZWQgUHJvZHVjdHM=

OP
OP
i64X

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. However I’ve seen the Mopar ones for $998 which isn’t as big a difference, that’s why I asked. I do like that these come with mirrors as a part of the package. I’ve gone doorless just a few times and not having side mirrors drove me nuts.

https://www.buymoparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-jl-wrangler-tube-off-road-tubular-door-kit-77072498ab?c=bD05Jm49RmVhdHVyZWQgUHJvZHVjdHM=
Price doesn't seem to bad with the discount, ignoring the fact that they're on back order and that site charges $150 shipping to a commercial address (probably more to residential). ;)

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I happen to think the RR doors look better than the MOPAR ones as well. Rugged Ridge all the way when I'm in the market for tubular doors!

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I got my rugged ridge doors from Quadratec, they priced matched Northridge 4X4 who has a working discount code "sharktank" . I think I paid 750 shipped for front and rear with mirrors. Still waiting for better weather in Chicagoland.

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Those look really, really nice. I'm still struggling between those and the EAG net ones for half the price, which seem to have good reviews too.
I agree they look great! And it was the same struggle for me as well between those two options. Ultimately, I went with EAG myself and am 110% satisfied! Even though I encountered a few annoying hiccups with install, the finished product was so incredible it was worth it all without a doubt! I have dropped a few grand on mods between bumpers, winch, armor, etc. but this is now my new fave mod, hands down! Not that I did it for praise, but the compliments absolutely began flowing in once I threw these doors on (as I'm sure OP can relate to, or will very soon).

Anyway, I agree Rugged Ridge did a bang up Jon with those doors, but I'm now a huge fan of EAG and would absolutely recommend them as well! They arrived packed with better care than any other item I've ordered. Powder coat finish was flawless and was a perfect match with everything else I have. I'll add a pic, just try not to judge my stock wheels/tires as they are on order and going on as soon as I get my lift installed!

IMG_20190509_1127441.jpg

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I agree they look great! And it was the same struggle for me as well between those two options. Ultimately, I went with EAG myself and am 110% satisfied! Even though I encountered a few annoying hiccups with install, the finished product was so incredible it was worth it all without a doubt! I have dropped a few grand on mods between bumpers, winch, armor, etc. but this is now my new fave mod, hands down! Not that I did it for praise, but the compliments absolutely began flowing in once I threw these doors on (as I'm sure OP can relate to, or will very soon).

Anyway, I agree Rugged Ridge did a bang up Jon with those doors, but I'm now a huge fan of EAG and would absolutely recommend them as well! They arrived packed with better care than any other item I've ordered. Powder coat finish was flawless and was a perfect match with everything else I have. I'll add a pic, just try not to judge my stock wheels/tires as they are on order and going on as soon as I get my lift installed!

IMG_20190509_1127441.jpg
Those look so good. I don't know how I pass up the EAG ones for that price. Each day I get closer to buying them...

Do you mind elaborating on what parts of the install were troublesome? Will a novice handy man figure it out?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I want these so bad!!

0770D2DD-7FB4-437C-89F1-3B976A4C487F.jpeg
Do you know if they are selling the screens for the doors? My doors arrive today, those screens would be nice to reduce road debris spray
Sponsored