JL Soft Top Install Video!

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
Excellent! Glad our video was helpful for you! If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask

-Alex
Do you guys know what these straps are for?
I'm installing my soft top tomorrow and I'd like to know what they are for?
please and thank you in advance!.

20180511_232845.jpg

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Do you guys know what these straps are for?
I'm installing my soft top tomorrow and I'd like to know what they are for?
please and thank you in advance!.

20180511_232845.jpg
For tying down the top when it’s in sunrider mode or all the way down.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
The whole lego-esque nature of the jeep is appealing

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Just want to thank Quadratec again. I watch the video a while back and re-watched this afternoon before starting the switch over. The whole process only took about 30 minutes, and really only need help to remove hardtop and helped moving Soft-top on to the Jeep easier.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nagnalj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport S Stingray
When unboxing our JL soft top, we noticed something, there’s no instructions! We also noticed there were no instructions available online anywhere. So we decided to make this video and hopefully it comes in handy!

Also, if you need a soft top we have the Sailcloth and Twill tops available to order!

-Alex
I'm assuming that the frame above the doors have to come off before you reinstall the hardtop.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Also, if you don't want to take the time to watch that, you can read through our write up on the install here instead! I hope this is helpful for everyone!

-Alex
Alex, the link for the written instructions is broken. I get page not forund on your website when I click on it. Do you have another link for it?

Thanks

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
OP
OP
Quadratec

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

Sponsored

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
You are very welcome!
Hailey
If anyone has any questions on the install, don't hesitate to ask us!

-Alex
ok, what did I do wrong? My top is like about an inch away from being able to latch it. I went back over the video and I can’t figure out what I did wrong. I put some muscle into pulling it forward but to no avail I cannot get the front of the premium soft top to latch near front of vehicle.

Mark

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
ok, what did I do wrong? My top is like about an inch away from being able to latch it. I went back over the video and I can’t figure out what I did wrong. I put some muscle into pulling it forward but to no avail I cannot get the front of the premium soft top to latch near front of vehicle.

Mark
I haven’t installed my soft top yet but m understanding is you need to install the top on a warm day. Put the soft top in the sun while you install the hardware. The top needs to warmup so it can stretch to fit. The fit will be tight but eventually loosen up. Hope this helps.

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
I haven’t installed my soft top yet but m understanding is you need to install the top on a warm day. Put the soft top in the sun while you install the hardware. The top needs to warmup so it can stretch to fit. The fit will be tight but eventually loosen up. Hope this helps.
Man I don’t know..... but I’ll await some better sunny weather here in Michigan to see if that’s the issue. Thanks! Note though that this install video was shot indoors and he didn’t mention he was installing the top in a 90 degree garage :)

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Man I don’t know..... but I’ll await some better sunny weather here in Michigan to see if that’s the issue. Thanks! Note though that this install video was shot indoors and he didn’t mention he was installing the top in a 90 degree garage :)
I installed my soft top yesterday here in Wisconsin. It definitely took some pulling and pushing to get the front latched. It wasn't easy. I had left the top in whatever sun we had, while installing the hardware. Maybe it helped. But it doesn't sound as difficult as what you are having. I can say I had plenty of trouble getting the side windows connected in the back corners though, a lot of trouble.
Sponsored