What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
...removed Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket.
rustyshakelford informed me bracket's purpose is to allow lifted vehicles to use factory trackbar. Since I'm using an adjustable trackbar the bracket isn't needed. I was thinking the bracket's purpose was to make trackbar more horizontal
While it's true that trackbar brackets allow you to retain the OEM trackbar, it's also true they make the trackbar be more parallel to the ground, reducing body roll.

TXRobD

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma, 2018 JLUR Sting Gray
@jedisrus I’m not a huge fan of the back and how everything fits together. The bottom tabs on the back window do not stay up under the lip. I love riding around with just the back window out (yes, I’m aware it’s not recommend for exhaust fumes ect), but I’m hesitant to do so. It’s not convenient to put things in the back cargo area. Having to undo both sides, then flip the thing up isn’t as easy as zipping the zippers to the corners on either side. I was not overly impressed with the instructions and the ease of the install. I used to always remove the black plastic trim on my older TJs and JKs because I liked the “plainer” look. I am just going to have to get used to seeing the “hardware” when the top is down.

There are some positives... I do like the “safari” option this top offers. The fact you don’t need to undo the sun visors to latch or unlatch the front is convenient. You can flip the top back in about 2 seconds. I also understand the JL was designed for the average consumer, which I am not. I’m sure most guys and gals love the functionality.

Some people would die to have the problems we have. All first world problems, I know.
Reading this makes me glad I went with the hard top only. I had to get a hoist in my garage and it takes a little effort to go topless but I think it's worth the effort. It's super easy to lift up the glass window and put stuff in the back.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I installed the Metalcloak steering stabilizer relocation bracket and their FAD skid plate. It's no doubt a beefy system but I seemed to have a hell of a time getting it installed. And now, my steering wheel is off to the left a bit?!?!?! I have no idea why or how that would get screwed up if I didn't adjust anything.....

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Applied 3M anti-squeak tape to rear tailgate. Virtually invisible. No more constant annoying squeaking coming from the rear hatch (that drove me nuts). Not that one expects a Jeep to be "quiet"... the constant and never-ending squeaking could only be drowned out by the radio (or driving faster than 65). Quite possibly the most sanity saving upgrade I've done.

Picture below with tape applied. Nearly invisible though you can see a few of the air bubbles that should fade with time. Since you won't see it when the tailgate is closed I don't really care.

$20 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/0-125-5-5430...+5+yard&qid=1556287711&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

IMG_1505.JPG

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Applied 3M anti-squeak tape to rear tailgate. Virtually invisible. No more constant annoying squeaking coming from the rear hatch (that drove me nuts). Not that one expects a Jeep to be "quiet"... the constant and never-ending squeaking could only be drowned out by the radio (or driving faster than 65). Quite possibly the most sanity saving upgrade I've done.

Picture below with tape applied. Nearly invisible though you can see a few of the air bubbles that should fade with time. Since you won't see it when the tailgate is closed I don't really care.

$20 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/0-125-5-5430...+5+yard&qid=1556287711&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

IMG_1505.JPG
Are you running stock size tires or have you upgraded?

The squeaking could be a sign of a bigger issue if you have an oversized tire with no tailgate reinforcement. Just don't want you putting a bandaid on and having more problems later on.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running stock size tires or have you upgraded?

The squeaking could be a sign of a bigger issue if you have an oversized tire with no tailgate reinforcement. Just don't want you putting a bandaid on and having more problems later on.
Stock wheel, stock tire. Might upsize tires at some point but no current plans to change out wheels.

jedisrus

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
New Mexico, Not really new - not really Mexico...
Vehicle(s)
2018 GCM JLUR 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
This hoist looks legit. I am in the market and looking at making my own vs pre fab hoists. Do you have the link to this one?
This is the hoist I installed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009I8AO6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these are the Topsy products I added.
http://www.topsyproducts.com/products/hinge_hook_hoist_bracket
http://www.topsyproducts.com/products/cable_cam_driver

I am pretty happy with the whole process. I think I am going to add some eye bolts, chains, and carabiners for some added peace of mind. The process is easy and fast enough that I may look into selling my soft top.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Metalcloak steering stabilizer relocation bracket and their FAD skid plate. It's no doubt a beefy system but I seemed to have a hell of a time getting it installed. And now, my steering wheel is off to the left a bit?!?!?! I have no idea why or how that would get screwed up if I didn't adjust anything.....
I’m not sure how the steering stabilizer would affect the steering wheel, unless the stabilizer was used to counteract the track bar in some way. Did you notice a difference in the axel is no longer centered under the Jeep? Either way, the drag link is adjustable. It’s one nut to back out mark the bar, and turn the adjustment “wheel” in tiny increments. This will allow you to get your wheel back to 12 o'clock, not pointed at 1 o’clock, or 11 o’clock.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Having a Black Wrangler the rocker area is the 1st to start showing paint scratches and wear from feet and dirt. I have been watching for rocker guards since I purchased the wrangler, I came across the Rock Slider Engineering Rockerguards AX-SS-RG-JL4 which is one of the 1st available. I ordered from 4WP $199, the quality is very good finish matches my Go Rhino steps. They are made out of Aluminum so they are light weight.

Installation is easy takes about 1-2 hours. You will need a step drill bit and a regular 3/8" bit. This installation requires nutserts so you will need the nutsert tool which you can likely rent or barrow from auto parts stores. I bought one from Amazon $56

I could not be happier with how they look and the added protection is welcomed. The only advice I would give to RSE is make the wholes bigger so alignment is not so tight. Doing it again I would elongate the holes and there is maybe at best 1/16" leeway when you drill for nutserts,

Here are the skins and the basic tools needed

rocker%20tools_zpso4wtbc2r.jpg

After you drill all the holes use a self etching primer to paint the exposed metal

Rocker%20paint_zpsbfdijhse.jpg

Also when placing the nutserts I also used Red Locktite on them, so these gave a good water tight seal

Rocker%20nutcert_zps47jjg9kw.jpg

rocker%201_zpssph7chtj.jpg

rocker%20side%20view_zpsacghhjjf.jpg

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Having a Black Wrangler the rocker area is the 1st to start showing paint scratches and wear from feet and dirt. I have been watching for rocker guards since I purchased the wrangler, I came across the Rock Slider Engineering Rockerguards AX-SS-RG-JL4 which is one of the 1st available. I ordered from 4WP $199, the quality is very good finish matches my Go Rhino steps. They are made out of Aluminum so they are light weight.

Installation is easy takes about 1-2 hours. You will need a step drill bit and a regular 3/8" bit. This installation requires nutserts so you will need the nutsert tool which you can likely rent or barrow from auto parts stores. I bought one from Amazon $56

I could not be happier with how they look and the added protection is welcomed. The only advice I would give to RSE is make the wholes bigger so alignment is not so tight. Doing it again I would elongate the holes and there is maybe at best 1/16" leeway when you drill for nutserts,

Here are the skins and the basic tools needed

rocker%20tools_zpso4wtbc2r.jpg

After you drill all the holes use a self etching primer to paint the exposed metal

Rocker%20paint_zpsbfdijhse.jpg

Also when placing the nutserts I also used Red Locktite on them, so these gave a good water tight seal

Rocker%20nutcert_zps47jjg9kw.jpg

rocker%201_zpssph7chtj.jpg

rocker%20side%20view_zpsacghhjjf.jpg
Looks good.