ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty new to the jeep thing (and loving it). I really like the look of tube doors but I am failing to understand the benefit of them. How would they help versus just going doorless?

IMG_2795.jpg

Thanks team.
Sponsored

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Place to mount mirrors, if you live in an area where cops hand out tickets if you’re doorless, and have no side mirrors. Arm rest for beach driving? Just spit balling ideas here.

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Like mentioned above they provide added safety, in an off road situation if you have a roll over the wold help keep your legs and potentially arms in the vehicle, it gives you that open air ride with a little more security.

half%20doors%201_zpssphpnq1h.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve gone doorless twice since getting my Jeep. A friend got a JK at almost the same time I got mine but hasn’t taken the doors off. His wife won’t ride without doors (and doesn’t want him to) for fear of 1) their 5 year old falling out and 2) getting mangled in the event of a t-bone collision without the protection of doors. Both far fetched in my opinion, but she might feel better about both with tube doors.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just don't see them providing all that much added security in the event of a crash/roll-over. However, I don't want t test that theory!! Lol.

They do look cool cool though. And good idea for mounting the side mirrors @MTKMAN. I tried the cheap door hinge version and they were worthless.

I do have kids, but don't remove the rear doors when they ride with me. They are still too young to understand how it works. They would probably just chuck their toys/water bottles/whatever right out the door.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just don't see them providing all that much added security in the event of a crash/roll-over. However, I don't want t test that theory!! Lol.

They do look cool cool though. And good idea for mounting the side mirrors @MTKMAN. I tried the cheap door hinge version and they were worthless.

I do have kids, but don't remove the rear doors when they ride with me. They are still too young to understand how it works. They would probably just chuck their toys/water bottles/whatever right out the door.
I wish I had a kid riding shotgun with me throwing toys and water bottles at people on command. Who could actually get mad at that?

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot

Tube doors "might" keep you from getting pulled over. Depending on where you live. I had them on previous JKs and might get them for JL

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tube doors "might" keep you from getting pulled over. Depending on where you live. I had them on previous JKs and might get them for JL
I live in Texas now, originally from Ohio, and it’s pretty much “anything goes” down here. You can still legally ride in the back of a pickup.

Looking into a rear bumper delete because that’s also legal...

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I live in Texas now, originally from Ohio, and it’s pretty much “anything goes” down here. You can still legally ride in the back of a pickup.

Looking into a rear bumper delete because that’s also legal...
Then you're a go! Check out some other threads for rearview mirrors utilizing UTV mirrors if you opt for side, rearward viewing

Sponsored

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I wish I had a kid riding shotgun with me throwing toys and water bottles at people on command. Who could actually get mad at that?
C'mon, you're from NY and asking that question? ;)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where I live the law states “if the vehicle comes with doors from the factory then it must have doors on”. Some cops and judges interpret that as the factory doors must be on while most cops don’t seam to care.

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Some tube doors have side mirror attachment options, but if you're wanting to just be doorless, the best mirror option is from carolina metal masters:

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

Pricey, but the only mirror option for the JL that doen't look cheap and won't fail when driving on the highways. They have them on sale right now and when I bought mine I used the code WF10 and got a extra 10% off. They do take a couple of weeks for delivery currently.

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some tube doors have side mirror attachment options, but if you're wanting to just be doorless, the best mirror option is from carolina metal masters:

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

Pricey, but the only mirror option for the JL that doen't look cheap and won't fail when driving on the highways. They have them on sale right now and when I bought mine I used the code WF10 and got a extra 10% off. They do take a couple of weeks for delivery currently.
@silversgrfx!!!! You are awesome! I saw those on a Jeep during a trail run. The guy told me where he got them and then I forgot and have been looking for them ever since.

I really like that design and the quality is great. My only question is how easily they mount/unmount. What are your impressions?

Thanks for the post.
Sponsored