Sponsored

LOL, My favorite convenience feature in my JL. Yours too?

nh4x4jeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My Favorite feature however, is the Automatic emergency braking. The other day, I was looking at a billboard and suddenly my Jeep suddenly stopped quickly, just behind a guy that suddenly slammed on his brakes to make a sudden left turn. It really saved us from rear ending this jerk. The Jeep made a loud beeping town and stopped itself. That was amazing to me.
It's the ONE feature I wanted (along with side mirror anti-collision) that I think SHOULD BOTH be mandated specifically for the reason you stated!

I'm not even sure if I could after-market this feature,... Even if I COULD, I couldn't afford the $1,000 plus price tag of the two brake-lights alone. Sure, it would up the price tag, but in quantity on every vehicle would make the cost nominal as air bags now are. No one complains that air bags increase the cost of vehicles. Maybe one day a ways back they did, but who would want a car WITHOUT an airbag? Just my $0.03 ;-)
Sponsored

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
I feel your pain, my girl does the same thing and drives me crazy lol. I too use the lock on the tailgate.
You guys are doing it wrong.....when you get out of the Jeep, lock it! After a few times they should get the message. :)

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Mine favorite was the LED light package, until it snowed. The LED head lights and fog lights do not get warm enough to melt snow. I will be add some halogen fog lights so that I can see the roads on snowy Ohio nights.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
Being able to go through the computers parameters and customizing everything to my taste.

1.). Eliminating the horn beep when locking, unlocking, and remote starting.
2.). Eliminating the daytime running lights on the fenders.

Now if I could just eliminate that annoying start/stop. :puke:
You can turn off the start/stop. However, it resets each time you turn on the jeep.

nh4x4jeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
While I agree on items like MC helmets and seat belts for adults (though each time you fly through a windshield and survive in a prolonged vegetative state, my insurance rates go up), the BUC is so you don't back over the neighbor's dog or your 5 year old that your wife thought you were watching while you thought she was watching her. I do agree it requires an adjustment in terms of skill (managing all of the mirrors, the left-to-right-to-left over-the-shoulder checks and the camera), but it's simply a safer system, not a nanny system. It just sees things you cannot, no matter how vigilant you're being. The BUC has a range of vision that no human being can duplicate. Pretty soon, all rear view mirrors will be camera based, or at least selectable/switchable, like the Range Rovers are. Not to mention the added benefit of activating it when hitching/towing and the addition of a front camera when off-roading and the tech becomes invaluable (except there is an actual price tag involved).

As a post-script, I simply cannot sit idly by and have you bad-mouth Wall-E. He had more heart than most people I know, and dedicated his existence (or was programmed to do so) to cleaning up our messes...
I completely agree . If I had the ca$h, I would upgrade my radio to the 8.4", then unlock the factory radios full potential (including multi angle rock cameras) with Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc LOCK PICK!

Oh, the day when we have heads up windshield object highlighting! Imagine night vision on your windshield that points out a jogger on the side of the road! Not beyond today's tech in some cars as OP pointed out!

Sponsored

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
My wife really irritates me getting out of the cars. She piddles around and I always have to stand there, often in the rain, until she gets out of the car and shuts the door. Then I can push the button to lock the doors. Well now, with my JL Jeep I can get out and start walking around the Jeep and as she gets out and shuts the door, I can push the button on the rear door latch as I'm walking by. May not seem like a big deal, but after almost 50 years of driving her around it seems like a big deal
You know if your wife at least has her door open, but hasn't gotten out, you can just hit the button and it will lock all the doors including the open one. When she finally closes it, it will stay locked. None of the other cars I've owned with proximity entry worked like this. Usually the car whines that you left a door open and it can't lock. Not so with the Jeep.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Being my first American car, first FCA product. My favorite feature is it starts everytime so far. Based on some reliability issues of other Chrysler products, I'm quite happy. Knock on wood.

Jeep Mobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here is what my husband and I like about our 2019 JL 2dr Rubicon compared to our loaded with options 2014, 2016 & 2017 Sport S:

01. Heated Steering Wheel
02. Fold down headrests (previously had to remove and store in garage)
03. Smaller rear wiper. (previous one blocked the back window)
04. Option that allows you to keep your fob in your pocket and still open door when you get near the Jeep
05. Remote Start
06. Technology: better video screen with multimedia features, phone calls, texting, playing songs from a USB etc.
07, Gutters over windows (previously had to get in fast to avoid the big drips)
08. Better roof, no leaks (1st & 2nd Jeep needed the Waterman, they leaked so bad, 3rd Jeep had a very tiny leak depending on the rain)
09. LED lights package
10. Auto Headlights

It's like driving a Stealth Bomber. We had to upgrade to a Rubicon, because the LED lights package was not offered for the Sport S and we didn't want to get them after market. We are so glad that this happened, because now we have a better Jeep, the Rubicon. Now, don't get us wrong, we loved our previous Jeeps, but what they did to the 2019 was masterful with the better locking and unlocking along with the new technology.

As with our previous Jeeps we have the dealer order and replace the factory rims with the rims that we want, along with windshield puck lights, running board, better looking gas cap that were also ordered through the dealer. This way when we pick up our Jeep, everything is already on it. This time we changed the antenna to a shorter one in black. We always get the color red.

Will definitely trade it in for a 2020. We like to get a new Jeep every year. We didn't get the 2018 because it was the first one with changes and we wanted to see how it held up.

Things we don't like:

01. Stop & Go (we always turn it off, so we can live with it)

View attachment 171529

Rubicon with new antenna Mar 14, 2019 001.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
I discovered the radar map a week or so back. Awesome when you are sitting in a parking lot to pick up the gkids and wonder if you need to take them umbrellas
I like my current 2013 JLU Sahara, but the 8.4 and backup camera are the kickers for me if I win lottery. Going to buy new motorhome, and keep this one for 3 more years. Putting new tires on it Friday, really looking forward to those. But I think I need the truck anyway, and want them to iron out most of the bugs so waiting won't hurt.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I like my current 2013 JLU Sahara, but the 8.4 and backup camera are the kickers for me if I win lottery. Going to buy new motorhome, and keep this one for 3 more years. Putting new tires on it Friday, really looking forward to those. But I think I need the truck anyway, and want them to iron out most of the bugs so waiting won't hurt.
JKU....

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
So... I'm a new jeep owner ('18 JLU) so some of these "new" convenience features are things I've had before BUT, and I'm sure someone already mentioned it but I'm too lazy to read thru every reply... the Apple car play ROCKS!! I love it! Stream music, use the Waze app, it's really great.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The Sky One-Touch Power Top. Hands down.

I have never experienced so much top down time in my life. I never have to worry about rain, wind or cold ever again. I control how much external fresh air I want at the push of a button.
Combining the top with the cold weather convenience group and I easily have the top down twenty times more frequently than my previous JKU soft top.
If they made the Gladiator with the Sky One-Touch Power Top, I would trade in my old '92 Chevy pick up and be a two Jeep household.
Sponsored