First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Got it all setup. I like it so far.

image.jpg
I got mine and am about to smash it. I cannot “use the right technique” to sandwich it together with the battery. Taking a break from it. Shitty design for the battery, I have to be honest. :angry:

Slatecaller

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I got mine and am about to smash it. I cannot “use the right technique” to sandwich it together with the battery. Taking a break from it. Shitty design for the battery, I have to be honest. :angry:
It was a PITA to get both sides lined up. It took me forever to get it and couldn’t tell you how I did it. Watched the setup video over and over and couldn’t get his technique to work. Good luck!!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a PITA to get both sides lined up. It took me forever to get it and couldn’t tell you how I did it. Watched the setup video over and over and couldn’t get his technique to work. Good luck!!
I got it. Takes FOREVER with lots of swearing. The video doesn’t help.

Anyway, it matches my Benchmade and my Granite Crystal Rubi. Yay. I hope the battery outlives me because I never want to do that, again.

Edit: Removing the “not glued in” chip is impossible to do without causing minor damage to the original key. In the video you can see he even cuts the plastic. No biggie. The AJT fob’s plastic also doesn’t feel as good quality as the Jeep fob’s did. Lastly, the fob is still huge.

Conclusion: not as good an “upgrade” as I was hoping for, but at least the flip out key won’t stab me in the leg anymore and it looks cool.

79C765CF-9035-41A4-A496-0EA9A004D2E6.jpeg

With GMC fob for scale:

A36F794A-52A6-48CB-BA40-2962FA66151B.jpeg

Last edited:

uglyyeti

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '18 JK Sport, '17 Tundra, '17 X5d
Not a bad match for sting gray. Yes, getting the thing mated up with the battery requires some patience. My chip popped out pretty easily with a really small flat head working from the ends.

20190422_160302.jpg

Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
My blue one came today. As others have said, install was a bit of a pain getting the battery to sit right. I'm also not thrilled about the color. I got the blue with black buttons and screws to "pair" with my Ocean Blue Moab. On the website, the blue really "pops".....in reality, it almost has a sort of green hue to it, not like a teal, but not really blue either. It's strange.

I'll give it a go as I do prefer the size and weight of the fob to the original.

IMG-0822.JPG

IMG-0821.JPG

IMG-0820.JPG

IMG-0818.JPG

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@bpdunsta :

Sorry for the color let down. If its any consolation, people far wiser than me have considered Wrangler accessories, either made or purchased, merely "partially finished objects waiting for customization...."

I've yet to put my new fob together yet.

spray paint.jpg

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
@bpdunsta :

Sorry for the color let down. If its any consolation, people far wiser than me have considered Wrangler accessories, either made or purchased, merely "partially finished objects waiting for customization...."

I've yet to put my new fob together yet.

spray paint.jpg
I already have my can ready to go :)

Just not looking forward to trying to get that dang battery in again. Hahaha

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I already have my can ready to go :)

Just not looking forward to trying to get that dang battery in again. Hahaha
Maybe you want to use the MOPAR touch up paint if color match is your most coveted attribute over, say, whatever makes spray paint for plastic special and better at adhesion to it.....

...suspect the former more costly too.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, mine is on the way / shipped to New York.... and I will not be back in NY for a few more weeks..

Only solace I have now, is knowing that you other knuckle heads were able to get the transponder out of your stock fob and the friggin battery finally ito the AJT Design fob.. :facepalm:...:giggle:

If @OldGuyNewJeep can do it, then I can ............. I think.. Perhaps my being left handed and 70 will make the difference...

Finally a new offering that other's are installing / figuring out the install of, before I am. Usually it is me doing things first... like the z-clip install on the Bestop SR for JL.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got mine today. A little tricky and the video doesn't help at all as it is for a Tacoma and nothing like our JL but really any common sense will get it done.

HOWEVER I do not know how to remove the end of the key. Not sure if there is an allen set screw, I need to grind it off etc.

See pic

IMG_3719.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Goin2drt

There is a JL fob video. To get the key off you need to drive the little roll pin out of the hole with a nail. Watch the video... Talks about roll pin removal at frame 1325.

Slatecaller

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I got mine today. A little tricky and the video doesn't help at all as it is for a Tacoma and nothing like our JL but really any common sense will get it done.

HOWEVER I do not know how to remove the end of the key. Not sure if there is an allen set screw, I need to grind it off etc.

See pic

IMG_3719.jpg

You have to drive that little roll pin out with a small punch or nail.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!

See pic

IMG_3719.jpg

I used a thumb tac and it came off easily

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used a thumb tac and it came off easily
Picture hanger nail is also the right size. The end of mine did not come off easily. I had to use pliers and vice grips (and cardboard to prevent scratching).
Sponsored