Sponsored

Qualify of Life Mods for Daily Driver (Sahara)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
Got a new JL Sahara "in transit," and I was wondering what your thoughts were on for first mods for a daily driver. I cruised the threads and didn't see anything on this specifically. So not really off-road upgrades, more just convenience stuff for daily driving, topless fun, and 20% light off-roading.

I am NOT planning on doing a lift, upgrading tires, swapping bumpers, etc as the off-roading I'll be doing this summer in KY will mostly be forest trails at Dirty Turtle, and I'm gunna keep it low-key as I get the hang of it.

I already optioned LED lights, cold weather group, proximity locks, mopar mats, and dual top, and my first purchases so far as I wait for the Jeep to arrive are new antenna, screen protector, tubing for the fender crevasses, and some hardware to build a hardtop hoist.

I'm coming from a 10 year old car, so even though Jeeps are pretty limited with typical features, it's still going to feel like a huge upgrade for me, and I'm really looking forward to having a 4wd convertible. I was just wondering if there were other must-have mods and hacks I should get right off that bat. Every website, video, and post about mods are almost all about lifts, tires, springs, etc.

Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to wave!
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on your height, grab handles are usually the first thing I put in my Jeep. I’m tall and find them useful, but shorter people really appreciated them especially on my old lifted YJ. I always make my own with paracord.

You may want to tint. Where I’m from (Florida) it’s pretty much a necessity; I’m not sure how hot it gets in KY. I now live in Texas so I’ll be getting a tint ASAP.

Also I would look into getting some rubber piping to put between the fenders and body- even if you don’t off-road often or hardcore, it might still be a good idea to help protect your paint. I’m gonna be doing this right away.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
Where do you put piping in the fender to protect the paint?

OP
OP
LakesideRecluse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I hadn't thought about tinting, so I'll look into that. If the top's off, though, does it really help keep the heat down? I did order some piping for the fenders. Here's a great video about it for anyone curious

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Disable the seat belt chime right away.

There's very few places to set a phone or much of anything so if you have a phone holder you like....

You might consider rear storage, too, depending upon what you want to carry with you. The roll bar "saddle bags" perhaps, or a second level basket ala the GGB

Sponsored

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
On a Sahara, the tubing is likely only needed on the front fenders. I have a MOAB, which has the Sahara fenders and the rear ones don’t get pebbles.

OP
OP
LakesideRecluse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Disable the seat belt chime right away.

There's very few places to set a phone or much of anything so if you have a phone holder you like....

You might consider rear storage, too, depending upon what you want to carry with you. The roll bar "saddle bags" perhaps, or a second level basket ala the GGB
Good call. Is that a setting or do I have to yank a wire somewhere. I’m a totally newbie.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I’m *still* waiting for my JL to arrive. It will be my DD, too. I got a soft top and ordered the Spiderweb shade and will put it on first thing. We had one on our JKUR and it was great in the summer when the hard top was off.

I’m also looking into the Tuffy tailgate lockbox since I’ll need some secure storage. We had the box that went in the back of our JKU and it was one of the most useful mods.

I’m also curious as to other responses on this thread.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase