Sponsored

is there a difference between the 2019 Jeep Sahara spare rack if you have aluminum wheels or not?

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I would like to know if there is a difference in the spare tire rack on the back of the Sahara if you have standard wheels or aluminum wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrcake3014

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
If I'm not mistaken... both sets of wheels that are available on the Sahara are aluminum.
That's interesting. I ordered my Sahara and it came in February. I had a problem with the rear camera shield. Instead of just giving me a new shield they made a big thing that they had to order a whole new rack in. Then they told me it was a rack for steel wheels not aluminum. I thought this all is BS! Is it me I have never found a good service department in an auto dealership. What do you think service departments get a bad rap. There is smoke there is fire

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That's interesting. I ordered my Sahara and it came in February. I had a problem with the rear camera shield. Instead of just giving me a new shield they made a big thing that they had to order a whole new rack in. Then they told me it was a rack for steel wheels not aluminum. I thought this all is BS! Is it me I have never found a good service department in an auto dealership. What do you think service departments get a bad rap. There is smoke there is fire
Yea, they got you pretty good this time...

Sponsored

PDQ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I would like to know if there is a difference in the spare tire rack on the back of the Sahara if you have standard wheels or aluminum wheels.
I have a 2019 Unlimited Sahara that came with the standard 18" OEM polished wheels, day 1 I replaced with 2019 Rubicon 17" OEM wheels with the 33" BFG tires. New spare worked fine, on orig. rack. A thought possibly the camera guard is not available as a stand alone replacement part, crazy as that may be, I would not be surprised.

'

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The tire rack is the same on all trim levels. With the steel spare wheel (base Sport trim only) the camera cover is a different part number and is a bit longer. I don't have mine installed anymore and I don't see any purpose for it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The tire rack is the same on all trim levels. With the steel spare wheel (base Sport trim only) the camera cover is a different part number and is a bit longer. I don't have mine installed anymore and I don't see any purpose for it.
That’s not true. The tire carrier on the Rubicon is different from the sport, Sahara, and Moab.

OP
OP
Mrcake3014

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
That’s not true. The tire carrier on the Rubicon is different from the sport, Sahara, and Moab.
Ok so I had my Sahara built. What do you think the odds are they put on the wrong spare tire rack? The tire still fit on it fine. It all doesn't make sense to me. That's why I feel you can't trust the dealership. Maybe trying to make extra money on Warranty work.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Ok so I had my Sahara built. What do you think the odds are they put on the wrong spare tire rack? The tire still fit on it fine. It all doesn't make sense to me. That's why I feel you can't trust the dealership. Maybe trying to make extra money on Warranty work.
The only difference in the 2 carriers is the height. It doesn't matter which one you have when using the stock plastic bumpers, but the rear steel bumper will rub on the stock Rubicon KO2's. The dealership seems to be making shit up when it comes to this. When you say "camera shield" do you mean that little removable locking cap that goes on the end?

OP
OP
Mrcake3014

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The only difference in the 2 carriers is the height. It doesn't matter which one you have when using the stock plastic bumpers, but the rear steel bumper will rub on the stock Rubicon KO2's. The dealership seems to be making shit up when it comes to this. When you say "camera shield" do you mean that little removable locking cap that goes on the end?
Yes. That little piece of plastic crap. I know it a only there for aesthetic value. The other plastic piece of crap us the bottom latch of the console. That broke too but there is a recall for that.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes. That little piece of plastic crap. O know it a only there for aesthetic value. The other plastic piece of crap us the bottom latch of the console. That broke too but there is a recall for that.
That should be a simple replacement, what was your issue with it?

OP
OP
Mrcake3014

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The issue is how many times should I be expected to keep going back and forth to the dealership with these plastic problems. I paid enough for the thing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The issue is how many times should I be expected to keep going back and forth to the dealership with these plastic problems. I paid enough for the thing.
I was looking for a more serious answer.
Sponsored