Sponsored

LOL, My favorite convenience feature in my JL. Yours too?

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife really irritates me getting out of the cars. She piddles around and I always have to stand there, often in the rain, until she gets out of the car and shuts the door. Then I can push the button to lock the doors. Well now, with my JL Jeep I can get out and start walking around the Jeep and as she gets out and shuts the door, I can push the button on the rear door latch as I'm walking by. May not seem like a big deal, but after almost 50 years of driving her around it seems like a big deal
I feel your pain, my girl does the same thing and drives me crazy lol. I too use the lock on the tailgate.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I hate to be the dork that says it, but I like everything about my JL. If I had to pick a specific item though, I've got to agree this:

....Also on the top of the list is the heated steering wheel. ....
I love the cold weather package. Not just the heated steering wheel, but the heated seats too. If I could only have one or the other I'd take the seats over the wheel, but as a combo package it's a must have option for me. It's one of my top two features.

The other feature in my top two is the proximity locks. As the OP noted, I've also used the tailgate lock to lock/unlock the doors. More importantly with that feature though, is that I like that I never have to touch the key after leaving the house.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO the greatest convenience feature of the JL (or any Jeep for that matter) is you no longer are required to initiate conversations. Total strangers feel free to approach you and oogle your jeep, talk about their jeep stories, and or tell you they've always wanted one. Some (not all) fellow Wrangler drivers compliment your Jeep (and you compliment theirs... because after all... all Wranglers are awesome).

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Sport S here.
Auto headlights
back up cam
I got convenience package, and love it, remote start, and garage door opener come in handy often.
the new soft top is more convenient too, compared to my older jeeps.

Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Love the LED lighting package! Looks like light saber bright! Lol! Then the heated steering wheel! Was so nice when it was 0 degrees here in Detroit.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The Sky top. At a much earlier point in my Jeep days, I would have considered it heresy. Now, I'm amazed I can have the top open the morning, closed during the midday, open again in the evening and then closed again for the night. Total effort for all of that? 4 button pushes.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I have a SPORT so ya uh i have no convenience features.
But you have a Jeep JL.........and that is a lot. Nothing to be ashamed of. The JL Sport is a superior Jeep to my previous Jeeps and superior to my TJ.
Sometimes......Less IS More ! If I could have ore ordered my JL Rubicon with Manual windows, Manuel mirrors ..I would have. Those two luxuries come at a $ cost.....that you rarely use.
I am simply getting old now and am able to throw $ getting a more capable Jeep. All my previous “sports” were more than good enough....they were great ! Enjoy the Ride...don’t dwell on conveniences.

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
The Sky top. At a much earlier point in my Jeep days, I would have considered it heresy. Now, I'm amazed I can have the top open the morning, closed during the midday, open again in the evening and then closed again for the night. Total effort for all of that? 4 button pushes.
I only had the freedom tops off twice in my 2017. With the one touch, we open it every time we leave the driveway if it's above 70 and not raining
Sponsored