Sky One-Touch with doors off at Washington Auto Show

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I am not a fan of the look from the side....just looks odd to me.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
that looks kind of dumb to me, like itā€™s just missing parts. and iā€™m no physicist, but iā€™ve got to believe that wind drag at highway speed like that is going to create problems or sever tugging

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Would be better if they made the rear window removable like the sides but Iā€™m not a fan. Plus not recommended to be removed completely, that is a no go for me. Seems like it would be like driving with a parachute in the back. I think this would only look cool with half doors and on a two door but something to me looks odd about it.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Not to assume but I would be willing to bet the vast majority of people who spring the extra cash for a power, automatic top instead of a regular soft top, are not the kind of people who will be taking the doors off and popping the rear side windows out.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Definitely glad I didn't go with that option.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Who's ever waiting for this option should see this!
I don't this option is ready for prime time.....

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I agree with the general consensus here: that looks weird. It looks like a glorified golf cart with a redundant roll cage! Lol. But I think they may be reaching out to new consumer segments as opposed to most people on this forum which I presume like the Wrangler in its traditional forms.

Reactions: sds

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You will never, ever see this look on the road, or off. Doors will never come off of 99% of JLs with the power top option. Side glass, yes. Doors...no. The interior buffeting will be unbearable at anything but a crawl.
That being said, a half door (not the ones with the silly windows) might look pretty cool here.

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
I understand why itā€™s an option and it doesnā€™t look that crazy from the front and the side.

But I canā€™t be able to get past the rear window. It has to be removable to make sense to me.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm figuring this top be about $3,377 at 5% off of invoice. In truth, one may want to see this top as cheaper than that if the loss of the conventional black, or for that matter color matching hard top (and that savings) in exchange for this power top by the buyer is thought of as compensating the buyer's cost.

But even still, at this kind of money, I'm thinking that if there's demand for this kind of top, (which I'll define as power and adjustable while moving) that the aftermarket is bound to make a cheaper and better one.
Sponsored