JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do you guys have any plans to make a more traditional full door with upper windows and whatnot?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
A loaded YJ was like $8000 MSRP, a base JL starts at what? 30k?

Not that that justifies the price of these doors. What justifies the price is the insane cost of aluminum, the fact that we make these in the US, stand behind them with a lifetime warranty, and our employees have pretty great benefits :like:

That doesn't mean that the cost makes sense for everyone, and running doorless is free.
A JL at 30 how ?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Do you guys have any plans to make a more traditional full door with upper windows and whatnot?
Yes, as soon as someone makes soft upper windows.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know somebody that bought those I didn't want them I wouldn't buy them but they're not bad the reason they're so cheap it's just the powder coating they work fine and they're ugly ask you the power Cody isn't bad it's just they don't look that good the way they're designed you have to admit they're not that pretty or good-looking door compared to the other ones out there but that's why they're cheap the price cuz way they look.I like go to the store and you see an outfit that are shoes that are really cheap clearance because they were ugly nobody wanted to wear them same thing promised you my buddy got a set and said he didn't care about the way they look because you didn't use it that much summer is only about three months and then put them on when it's raining so he only puts them on when he takes his hardtop off that the only reason they are that price

Maddingo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Wrangler TJ, 2018 Wrangler JL
Is it possible to make these weatherproof maybe by adding some weather stripping? I know the upper section is open but one step at a time.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Is it possible to make these weatherproof maybe by adding some weather stripping? I know the upper section is open but one step at a time.
Being that they are trail doors, "weatherproof" might be a bit ambitious but we have had people use weather stripping to help make it a little more weather tight around the actual door itself. It's definitely worth a shot..

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Not a lot of difference in running these vs just rolling the window down? You get maybe 2 inch of extra air on either sides?

I do see the difference in running doorless or tube doors vs just rolling the window down so I’m not just trolling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Not a lot of difference in running these vs just rolling the window down? You get maybe 2 inch of extra air on either sides?

I do see the difference in running doorless or tube doors vs just rolling the window down so I’m not just trolling.
Exactly what I was thinking. I can't envision paying that much for essentially the same doors that came stock, but rolled down. What am I missing? Now, half doors with the cargo netting are very enticing.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't envision paying that much for essentially the same doors that came stock, but rolled down. What am I missing? Now, half doors with the cargo netting are very enticing.
A Jeep feels WAY more open with half doors compared to just rolling down the full door windows, plus it offers better trail visibility. Many Jeepers have had two sets of doors (half and full) since the first CJ full doors for good reason. I personally always loved being able to hang my YJ full doors up in the garage in exchange for half doors for the summer season in Michigan.

Tube doors are great offroad too, but just like running doorless on the road, they offer less security as anything on the floor (or that falls on the floor) ends up blowing out the door. Half doors seem to be the sweet spot for open-air cruising without every damn thing in the Jeep flying everywhere :CWL:

Plus, I always worried less about my half doors offroad since I could easily touch them up if they got scratched.

You can experiment for yourself. Pull your full doors and mock up a cardboard half door to see if it's worth it for you or not. Maybe it isn't, and that is why there are many different Jeep accessories in the world. :like:

~Daryl

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
A Jeep feels WAY more open with half doors compared to just rolling down the full door windows, plus it offers better trail visibility. Many Jeepers have had two sets of doors (half and full) since the first CJ full doors. I personally always loved being able to hang my YJ full doors up in the garage in exchange for half doors for the summer season in Michigan.

Plus, I always worried less about my half doors offroad since I could easily touch them up if they got scratched.

You can experiment for yourself. Pull your full doors and mock up a cardboard half door to see if it's worth it for you or not :like:

~Daryl
I'm definitely up for exploring any options, that much I know! But I haven't given any thought to half doors that don't have additional ventilation in the door area. They obviously do provide more safety, however. How much lower is the top side of the half door, in comparison, to the full door with window down? Is the difference more than I'm thinking it is?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I'm definitely up for exploring any options, that much I know! But I haven't given any thought to half doors that don't have additional ventilation in the door area. They obviously do provide more safety, however. How much lower is the top side of the half door, in comparison, to the full door with window down? Is the difference more than I'm thinking it is?
As soon as you ride in a jeep with half doors you will want them..plus they look awesome as well!
Sponsored