Sponsored

Aftermarket parts fitting both JK and JL Wrangler

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
I'm sure the wheels will be the same bolt pattern and similar if not identical offset/backspacing.

My original guess was that most/all short arm suspensions will carry over, however, the rear LCAs are bent, similar to the front arms, vs being straight like the JK's (I wonder if they're actually interchangeable front to rear now...), so just right there there couldn't be 100% carry-over of a JK suspension kit.

I think front/rear bumpers will be interchangeable between JK and JL. I wouldn't be surprised if tube doors were interchangeable as well.

edit: And we've already seen that the rear trackbar will be different than the JK's, so that's another suspension component that wouldn't be a direct carry-over. In some photos it looks as if rocker guards could potentially carry over, both frame and body mounted, but then other photos it doesn't look like that would be the case...
I think the increased wheelbase is going to make parts like fenders and rock rails/running boards incompatible. We also know the hood and grille are longer/larger so there's another few that won't work. Hopefully JK bumpers and wheels/tires can be used.
Sponsored

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning on getting my new JL with the base soft top and then get an aftermarket hard top fastback. Was hoping Wild Boar would come out with theirs quick. Anyone have any ideas on how long that could take? I want to get the JL soon so the means having it in NYC during the winter. My concern is the cold but that's remedied with the remote start. What about snow? Could there be damage to the soft top if we get another blizzard this year?

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
I was planning on getting my new JL with the base soft top and then get an aftermarket hard top fastback. Was hoping Wild Boar would come out with theirs quick. Anyone have any ideas on how long that could take? I want to get the JL soon so the means having it in NYC during the winter. My concern is the cold but that's remedied with the remote start. What about snow? Could there be damage to the soft top if we get another blizzard this year?
Like you, I want to get a fastback top on my future JL, but judging by the extremely tall and rounded roll cage, compared to the JK, I don't think that will be possible. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like you, I want to get a fastback top on my future JL, but judging by the extremely tall and rounded roll cage, compared to the JK, I don't think that will be possible. I sure hope I'm wrong though.
I see what you mean with the two door - the only pic i've seen of the 4 door without the top is in the leaked owner's manual, that one shows the slanted roll cage, i hope it stays that way.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I messaged metal cloak and they responded that they do not receive any advance info on the new JL and will have to buy one like everyone else and then design the parts.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It might be worth getting the hardtop, at order ; this gives you better Security, also the wiring for rear wiper/ washer, and the control stalk. These will be needed for after market tops, plus I'm betting Mopar will come out with a Modular hardtop of their own.
Also, Bestop has the " hybrid" modular soft top with rear glass gate window for the JK now. JL will follow, soon.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just as a "Note", Mopar is coming out with a LOT of what used to be called "aftermarket" mods.
They see the market potential, look at what they are offering before waiting for After Market to catch up.
The cost can be rolled into financing, no dreaded Warranty issues, Instant Gratification. Dealer installation, or DIY.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It might be worth getting the hardtop, at order ; this gives you better Security, also the wiring for rear wiper/ washer, and the control stalk. These will be needed for after market tops, plus I'm betting Mopar will come out with a Modular hardtop of their own.
Also, Bestop has the " hybrid" modular soft top with rear glass gate window for the JK now. JL will follow, soon.
Thanks for the input, I didn't think about the wiring issue for to wiper and rear defrost. How difficult is though to wire for those things if I decide to go with the soft top? I realize that I'd have to get the wiring through but I'm not sure where the switches would go and be mounted.

If I do order with the hard top, does anyone know what the re-sale market is like for a factory hard top?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Thanks for the input, I didn't think about the wiring issue for to wiper and rear defrost. How difficult is though to wire for those things if I decide to go with the soft top? I realize that I'd have to get the wiring through but I'm not sure where the switches would go and be mounted.

If I do order with the hard top, does anyone know what the re-sale market is like for a factory hard top?
Just searching online you could probably get $1500 for a used one. More for a new one. I’m sure you’d sell it pretty fast on Craigslist in a large city market.
Buy the dual top, how much more is it going to add to monthly payment? Instead of upgrading your iPhone get dual tops

Sponsored

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just searching online you could probably get $1500 for a used one. More for a new one. I’m sure you’d sell it pretty fast on Craigslist in a large city market.
Buy the dual top, how much more is it going to add to monthly payment? Instead of upgrading your iPhone get dual tops
LOL - i like the iPhone advise - I'll probably keep my 6S until until the X is $100 ;-)

MY issue is that I want to get a fast back hard top - I prefer the look. I was thinking of buying with the soft top as to not have to pay up for the hard top. Will most likely purchase with the hard top so I can have the wiring in place.

HardRockSteele67

First Name
Kutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Eng.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guy's - My wife's wanted a jeep from the moment we bought our son one 5 years ago - We live in a Jeep sanctuary here in Austin very close to ton's of trails, so she has to have a heavy modified one to stand apart from them all - I've spoken to a few shops about the change in model year and below is the response I got from one of them. Her 50th birthday is in March so I'll need to make a decision next month on which way to go...

So the 18’s will be about $3k more and what you get that is useful will be the blinker signals in the sideview mirrors. The track bar adjustment she will never use…I don’t and I offroad monthly.

Also the 18 parts for this jeep won’t be available until June…we are not guaranteeing delivery until September.

You will not be able to tell the difference of the jeeps when we get thru with them really.

So you have to ask yourself….is $3k more and waiting 11 months worth blind spot indicators in the side mirrors?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So the 18’s will be about $3k more and what you get that is useful will be the blinker signals in the sideview mirrors.
What a crock. He just wants you to buy NOW. I'm sure he can build a very nice JK, but if you're spending that much money, wait.

djrob9

First Name
Robert Davtian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
So does anyone know if there are JK parts that fit on the JL?