Recommended Dealers List

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I picked my JLUR up last week from Mark at Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia, CT, took about 3 weeks to come in. Highly Recommend the dealership and Mark and the owner even came out and congratulated me on the purchase!
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just took ownership of my Jeep yesterday and wanted to post my experience, for those willing to read :)

First off, i did have a method to my madness, so bare with me on this, as i ran into some not awesome issues.
I am from St.Louis and i shopped the entire midwest for a Jeep. If you want to save time on this read and if you're close to IDAHO, just buy from Kent at Petersons. He is BY FAR the lowest price out there. I couldnt justify the large cost savings with the mileage/trades from STL, (so unfortunately) i chose not to deal with him. If my situation were different, i would've chosen him EASILY.

I knew exactly what i wanted: built my Jeep on the Jeep website and downloaded the build sheet. I would then send that build sheet to the dealers that i found on this forum, within this thread and the map that was created (great idea!). I sent my build sheet and email to each of these dealers, with my expectations; sent to 4 states around MO (including MO). Overall, i had about 12 quotes....told everyone to be aggressive on pricing. If they were higher than most, i told them they were out. Some dealers would come back, asking me about a better price. I said that you had your chance...i dont have time to haggle. That's your bad for not making a good price first.

Most dealers were around the same range, but those few that were lower do stand out. That's when the fun begins: start pitting them against each other. If you use Kent's pricing, the dealers will call you an idiot - lol.

Ultimately, i got to around 11% under MSRP, in which i was content. I didnt want to haggle too much. Afterall, i wanted to get moving on our new beasts!!

Here's where things get hairy: initially, i went with Royal Gate Dodge (STL) and placed my order for 2 Rubicons. After 3 weeks, i was not provided a VON, VIN or anything. I cancelled on them...they stated that having a VIN that quick was an unrealistic expectation. I called complete BS and referenced our forum on how everyone was seeing VINs within 3 days. They claimed that it was impossible to keep me happy. i said F U my friend!! I honestly couldnt believe i was treated like that when i walked in 2 Rubis. It was a blessing in the end, which i figured.

Keeping our heads up, we went down the road to Century Dodge and what a difference! The experience was great, very seamless and actually got a better trade value, so was a blessing from the other dealer experience. Also - the price was within $500, so i felt really good. My wife's @BbyGrlJJ Jeep came in at 3 weeks to the day and mine was 4 weeks to the day. Again - it was an awesome experience and they gave me a comparable warranty to Tom Wrinkles, which i was happy with as well.

If you're in STL, i highly recommend Century Dodge, ask for Craig Johnson - was just awesome, best vehicle purchasing experience i've ever had....i really cannot say enough good things. My mother was in the car selling business and i'm familiar with all the BS surrounding it, in addition to past vehicle purchases so i feel that i have "been around" a bit.

My suggestions to new Jeep buyers: know what you want, stand your ground, be prepared to walk, you will have to negotiate a little, do your homework - shop around. Very seldomely will you get a deal of a lifetime, but you can get to a spot where you feel comfortable. Good luck everyone!! Happy Jeeping! :like:

Last edited:

Doc JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Picked up my JLU from Victory Lane in Carlinville -- Central Illinois, not far from STL. Can't say enough good stuff about them. There was no pressure. I used the spreadsheet from another thread and had a solid idea of what the pricing should be. Terry Pollard (Sales Manager) laid out the invoice and it matched all of my numbers. Ended up, after fees and all, walking out about 11% below MSRP.

Its not a big dealership. No BS; they're just easy guys to work with. Give Dan and Terry a call if you're looking.

https://www.victorylanechrysler.com

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I just took ownership of my Jeep yesterday and wanted to post my experience, for those willing to read :)

First off, i did have a method to my madness, so bare with me on this, as i ran into some not awesome issues.
I am from St.Louis and i shopped the entire midwest for a Jeep. If you want to save time on this read and if you're close to UTAH, just buy from Kent at Petersons. He is BY FAR the lowest price out there. I couldnt justify the large cost savings with the mileage/trades from STL, (so unfortunately) i chose not to deal with him. If my situation were different, i would've chosen him EASILY.

I knew exactly what i wanted: built my Jeep on the Jeep website and downloaded the build sheet. I would then send that build sheet to the dealers that i found on this forum, within this thread and the map that was created (great idea!). I sent my build sheet and email to each of these dealers, with my expectations; sent to 4 states around MO (including MO). Overall, i had about 12 quotes....told everyone to be aggressive on pricing. If they were higher than most, i told them they were out. Some dealers would come back, asking me about a better price. I said that you had your chance...i dont have time to haggle. That's your bad for not making a good price first.

Most dealers were around the same range, but those few that were lower do stand out. That's when the fun begins: start pitting them against each other. If you use Kent's pricing, the dealers will call you an idiot - lol.

Ultimately, i got to around 11% under MSRP, in which i was content. I didnt want to haggle too much. Afterall, i wanted to get moving on our new beasts!!

Here's where things get hairy: initially, i went with Royal Gate Dodge (STL) and placed my order for 2 Rubicons. After 3 weeks, i was not provided a VON, VIN or anything. I cancelled on them...they stated that having a VIN that quick was an unrealistic expectation. I called complete BS and referenced our forum on how everyone was seeing VINs within 3 days. They claimed that it was impossible to keep me happy. i said F U my friend!! I honestly couldnt believe i was treated like that when i walked in 2 Rubis. It was a blessing in the end, which i figured.

Keeping our heads up, we went down the road to Century Dodge and what a difference! The experience was great, very seamless and actually got a better trade value, so was a blessing from the other dealer experience. Also - the price was within $500, so i felt really good. My wife's @BbyGrlJJ Jeep came in at 3 weeks to the day and mine was 4 weeks to the day. Again - it was an awesome experience and they gave me a comparable warranty to Tom Wrinkles, which i was happy with as well.

If you're in STL, i highly recommend Century Dodge, ask for Craig Johnson - was just awesome, best vehicle purchasing experience i've ever had....i really cannot say enough good things. My mother was in the car selling business and i'm familiar with all the BS surrounding it, in addition to past vehicle purchases so i feel that i have "been around" a bit.

My suggestions to new Jeep buyers: know what you want, stand your ground, be prepared to walk, you will have to negotiate a little, do your homework - shop around. Very seldomely will you get a deal of a lifetime, but you can get to a spot where you feel comfortable. Good luck everyone!! Happy Jeeping! :like:
I did the same thing last spring. I got a quote from Kim in Arkansas, which was a great quote and Kim was easy to work with. I didn't want to drive my trade in and new Jeep that far..(not really THAT far, but less miles was better). A friend of mine was shopping around the STL are too and she found that Napleton would price match quotes. I went and checked them out and sure enough they did price match. I ended up saving around the same % you did off of MSRP. So I would also recommend Napleton as a dealer in STL.

I live down the road from Royal Gate and I went to them first and they were not willing to negotiate on the price and they were a hassle from the get go. Glad I didn't go with them.

3dogzrule

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hey guys, has anyone recently talked with Kim Sims at Superior in Conway, AR? Just curious if she is still offering the 6% off invoice with Tread Lightly?

Sponsored

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLR
+1 on a great experience/price with Dwayne Lane's in the Seattle/Everett area. Good price on the build and a pleasant experience with the sales person. I think they're still getting used to the forum pricing in the Seattle area but they were by far better than any other dealership nearby. Feel free to PM me for a contact.

ig-0793.jpg

Last edited:

AnnOhio

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Silverado
We bought a Rubicon Unlimited from Marco Brown at Ourisman in MD. He was a great guy to work with.We got all our paperwork in 3/22 and it was ordered 3/26, it arrived at the dealer 4/8. Buy the time I received the Vin # it was in transit. Easiest buying experience we have ever had. The dealers in Ohio couldn't come close to his price. We did use the Tread Lightly program and a military discount.

Jeeper71

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospective JLUR Owner
We bought a Rubicon Unlimited from Marco Brown at Ourisman in MD. He was a great guy to work with.We got all our paperwork in 3/22 and it was ordered 3/26, it arrived at the dealer 4/8. Buy the time I received the Vin # it was in transit. Easiest buying experience we have ever had. The dealers in Ohio couldn't come close to his price. We did use the Tread Lightly program and a military discount.
What % under invoice? Dayton dealer will do 6% under on sold orders as just announced recently on this forum. Also how much was the military discount? i don't have that available to me. Thanks

Btsnyder11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Hey guys, has anyone recently talked with Kim Sims at Superior in Conway, AR? Just curious if she is still offering the 6% off invoice with Tread Lightly?
I want to know the same thing. Let me know if you hear anything. I'm from OKC

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I am from St.Louis and i shopped the entire midwest for a Jeep. If you want to save time on this read and if you're close to UTAH, just buy from Kent at Petersons. He is BY FAR the lowest price out there. I couldnt justify the large cost savings with the mileage/trades from STL, (so unfortunately) i chose not to deal with him. If my situation were different, i would've chosen him EASILY.

Do you mean Idaho? Not Utah? As in Kent in Nampa? What was his offer?

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean Idaho? Not Utah? As in Kent in Nampa? What was his offer?
SORRY - you're correct - IDAHO :) He was somewhere around 6K under what i was seeing locally.

Will edit my post. Thanks for the correction!

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Shout out to Mall of Georgia - Mike. Got a smokin' deal that no one in Florida could even come close to touching. Thanks for making the road trip and purchase so easy Mike!!

c006b031-73fc-466c-be1d-cc9fff5df648.jpg

domcalise

First Name
domenick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
Just picked up a JLR for 14% off MSRP. Sticker was $51,150 I paid $43,990.

Bought it at Autonation CDJR in Valencia California.

I did my homework, it is extremely difficult to work deals on Jeeps in SoCal, seems most go to Vegas, but I located 18 similar vehicles in a 50 mile radius, visited a few, then landed on a JLR that wouldn't start due to battery dying, I worked a good deal on that one but ultimately didn't want to buy a jeep that didn't start when I went to test drive, I took that price and went to Autonation who had 3 near identical JLR's and got them to match the deal.

Not sure they would honor this again, everyone was saying they couldn't believe they were selling me that jeep at that price, they turned down another guy a couple weeks back who only wanted $4500 off.
Sponsored