The new AEV Borah wheels for the JL

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone order the new Borah wheels yet? I ordered mine Friday and can hardly wait to get them. I ordered onyx with silver protection rings. Should look good on my billet silver metallic jeep.

They only have two colors right now, onyx and matte black but the protection rings or bead lock rings are the same as the old wheels so you should be able to get those in any color.
Sponsored

mcmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU Granite Metallic
Occupation
SuBourbon Socialite
Anyone order the new Borah wheels yet? I ordered mine Friday and can hardly wait to get them. I ordered onyx with silver protection rings. Should look good on my billet silver metallic jeep.

They only have two colors right now, onyx and matte black but the protection rings or bead lock rings are the same as the old wheels so you should be able to get those in any color.
I just ordered the onyx Borahs with silver protection ring for my Sahara Granite Crystal. Also mounting them with Nitto 285/75/r17 C rated tires. pick up the wheels tomorrow, but won't be able to get on the Jeep until April 8th as the tires won't be available for a couple days.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely interested in seeing pics of these mounted up! Especially with granite crystal :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

Looking forward to see your Borahs mounted. I have the same color JLUR and have been going back and forth between the Pintler wheels.

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
My satin black Borahs came in last week in anticipation of picking up my new 19 JLUR this Thursday. Local tire place is mounting 35x12.5x17 KM3s tomorrow. Really like the onyx color I saw on the rings but wanted something different than what most people are running given color of my Jeep.

Meanwhile, protection ring is at body shop now getting painted gloss black to match the JLUR body color. Can't wait to get these on.

IMG_8722.jpg

IMG_8723.jpg

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Am also curious to see how the JL Borah wheel with 35" tires mount on the OEM tire carrier.

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Am also curious to see how the JL Borah wheel with 35" tires mount on the OEM tire carrier.
Not installing on stock, but did have the teraflex carrier arrive today. Picking up the new JLUR tomorrow, tires and wheels already at local tire place being mounted and balanced tomorrow - I'll share photos Friday of final product.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
When bolting on my protection rings to my Borah wheels, do I add anti-seize, loctite, or nothing?
Sponsored