Firecracker Red Sahara 2 Doors vs Black Sport 2 Doors

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 Doors Sahara
I'd like to take your opinions as I'm left over with two cars in a special price offer at the local dealership; firecracker red sahara priced at 36,000 USD and black sport priced at 28,500 USD.

Differences:

Sport specs:
7" screen with Apple play
Black rims
Tan fabric seats
Rear sensor with no camera

Sahara specs:
Sahara trim additions
8.4" screen with Nav
Tan leather seats
backup camera
LED group
Safety group
Alpine sound system
Colored fenders and roof

I'd like to know your opinions regarding to what extend the extra dollars worth the Sahara choice over the sport.

TIA.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg
Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I’ve got a red Sport myself, so I’m partial to the Firecracker! It really depends on what you want/can spend. $7500 gives you some nice upgrades in the Sahara: leather, LED, Sound, wheels. I really like my somewhat barebones Sport. My wife’s Edge has all the comfort and tech, so I really don’t want it in my Jeep. It’s a win-win for you, in my opinion!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Weird specs over there. The 7" radio but not having the upgraded dash on the Sport is odd.

I'd personally get the Sport, add some Rubicon tires on it and replace the side steps with some Rubicon or other rails (unless you like the steps of course).

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got a red Sport myself, so I’m partial to the Firecracker! It really depends on what you want/can spend. $7500 gives you some nice upgrades in the Sahara: leather, LED, Sound, wheels. I really like my somewhat barebones Sport. My wife’s Edge has all the comfort and tech, so I really don’t want it in my Jeep. It’s a win-win for you, in my opinion!
I was leaning towards the granite crystal and the color was available in both trims but unfortunately was the first to be sold! My only stopper about the red is that when it comes with colored fenders and roof, u feel sometimes that the red is too much. So IUO, its tie

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
Weird specs over there. The 7" radio but not having the upgraded dash on the Sport is odd.

I'd personally get the Sport, add some Rubicon tires on it and replace the side steps with some Rubicon or other rails (unless you like the steps of course).
Indeed. But different markets and different dealership specs requested. Thanks for ur feedback.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to take your opinions as I'm left over with two cars in a special price offer at the local dealership; firecracker red sahara priced at 36,000 USD and black sport priced at 28,500 USD.

Differences:

Sport specs:
7" screen with Apple play
Black rims
Tan fabric seats
Rear sensor with no camera

Sahara specs:
Sahara trim additions
8.4" screen with Nav
Tan leather seats
backup camera
LED group
Safety group
Alpine sound system
Colored fenders and roof

I'd like to know your opinions regarding to what extend the extra dollars worth the Sahara choice over the sport.

TIA.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg
Either way you're getting a good vehicle. I'm liking the 2 Door Sahara myself. I'm not sure how hot the leather will get so it depends on if you can park in the shade during the summer.

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either way you're getting a good vehicle. I'm liking the 2 Door Sahara myself. I'm not sure how hot the leather will get so it depends on if you can park in the shade during the summer.
In summer, weather here go so high up to 48 deg C. In whatever Jeep, I’m gonna tint the windows with high heat rejection film.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't think you need to be concerned about leather seats becoming too hot. I use simple towel type seat covers that slip over the headrests on hot sunny days as an easy and cheap fix. When they aren't needed, they're just folded up and stored in the seat back storage. I've found the leather seats provide better support than the cloth option. The red Sahara is really sharp.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you need to be concerned about leather seats becoming too hot. I use simple towel type seat covers that slip over the headrests on hot sunny days as an easy and cheap fix. When they aren't needed, they're just folded up and stored in the seat back storage. I've found the leather seats provide better support than the cloth option. The red Sahara is really sharp.
The Persian gulf area is ridiculously hot compared to what we deal with in the states... Otherwise I'd agree with what you're saying.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Persian gulf area is ridiculously hot compared to what we deal with in the states... Otherwise I'd agree with what you're saying.
Yep, I understand that. But, a terry cloth towel isn't any hotter than the stock cloth seats in those conditions. Support is more important to me than seat temperature.

Sponsored

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Boy am I late to the party, when did they come out with a 2 door Sahara JL????

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boy am I late to the party, when did they come out with a 2 door Sahara JL????
Must be an exclusive for overseas markets. The OP is located in Oman.

OP
OP

Karim

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OOPs, didn't catch that
Its not in the US so far but is available in overseas markets. Its a plus for us thou .
Sponsored