Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the actual height increase you gained on the 2.5 and 3.5? Thinking of picking up these springs but want at least 2.5. No less.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the actual height increase you gained on the 2.5 and 3.5? Thinking of picking up these springs but want at least 2.5. No less.
You will get over 2.5 with the 2.5

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You will get over 2.5 with the 2.5
Any idea how they pair with Falcon shocks or would a different set be recommended?

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! How do they perform paired with Falcon?
They performed well. They soaked up bigger hits very nicely. However they are a little rougher over small stuff or daily driving. It never bothered me but im used to driving trucks. I think the 2.5 mc pairs well with the rocksports. My ride is great and my flex is top notch. Plus they are a whole lot cheaper to replace.

1BA7357E-29AC-4015-87D3-9A99CFC7DF1E.jpeg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I got like 3.5-4 in the front and 3-3.5 in the rear with the 2.5" GC kit

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
This is a lot and I dont want to go that high. Have to wonder if the springs have been tested where they are all the same? My plan is still to go MC 2.5 since I have 35's and hope it doesnt end up that high.

For those that dont know which lift to get 2.5 or 3.5....I'm told it's the same exact lift, just the springs are different. A spring change out is no big deal if you want bigger later. Perhaps MC can chime in to confirm.

For those that want to use stock ruby rims and dont like the thought of using a spacer there is a mod my shop will be doing so that I dont have to go that route. You lose travel in the front but only about an inch. For the time being it's worth it, to ME.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This is a lot and I dont want to go that high. Have to wonder if the springs have been tested where they are all the same? My plan is still to go MC 2.5 since I have 35's and hope it doesnt end up that high.

For those that dont know which lift to get 2.5 or 3.5....I'm told it's the same exact lift, just the springs are different. A spring change out is no big deal if you want bigger later. Perhaps MC can chime in to confirm.

For those that want to use stock ruby rims and dont like the thought of using a spacer there is a mod my shop will be doing so that I dont have to go that route. You lose travel in the front but only about an inch. For the time being it's worth it, to ME.
And unless I'm missing something there's no reason you couldn't just do a 1" spacer later? Seems likely less expensive than new spring(s)

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
And unless I'm missing something there's no reason you couldn't just do a 1" spacer later? Seems likely less expensive than new spring(s)
I dont know much about spacers, I recall there being some negs to them?? My shop told me 300 bucks for springs, maybe there is some trade in value to that price?

Wizzo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
You can always use the metal cloak 2.5 inch springs for the 2 door on a 4 door, and that should yield about an inch less than what you would get on 4 door springs. If they seem to be lifting about 3-3.5 inch on 4 door springs.. They should yield 2-2.5 inch lift on 2 door springs installed on a 4 door.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Looks like the shocks are backordered and out for a number of weeks. I didnt want to wait so I bit the bullet on some high dollar ADS shocks. Supposed to be the deal. It ought to be at the price. lol

Josesalgado04

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon aka Dirty Rubi
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Started the lift and a few other things on the Sport today and will be wrapping up tomorrow. Front end is done and I figured I'd post some pictures. The final two is the comparison shots of the front lifted vs. the rear stock (and by stock I mean RUBI takeoffs on a Sport.) I will also get measurements for anyone looking for them after the fact. I know this may only prolong the agony of the Sport guys waiting for the final product but in case it helps:

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

HOW DOES IT RIDE WITH THE SHOCKS?