Sponsored

EAG Matrix Tube Half Doors Review (with Pics)

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Just ordered a set.

@lightsout any idea how one would get ahold of the door hook/loop fabric in tan?

Is there any labeling on the fabric? I assume there isn't.

I contacted EAG asking if they can give me the brand/source of their fabric for the doors and they refuse to give me an answer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Just ordered a set.

@lightsout any idea how one would get ahold of the door hook/loop fabric in tan?

Is there any labeling on the fabric? I assume there isn't.

I contacted EAG asking if they can give me the brand/source of their fabric for the doors and they refuse to give me an answer.
That would be a nice touch especially if you have a tan soft top

The way that the netting is done is very simple, it they has a heavy duty strap material that has Velcro on the inside that allows you to keep it taught, it is also easily removed. You could take your stock nets to a Upholstery shop and I would assume they could replicate in Tan very easily. Even someone with basic sewing skills could reproduce the nets.

below is a picture of the inside of the door showing the construction of the netting

Note the nets are likely made in China as are the doors (many are these days) that is why they likely could not provide you the source.

inside%20half%20door_zpsqbbata4b.jpg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Your review is welcome as I first said. Just throwing in some advise from being a business owner and past EXPERIENCES with Jeep parts.

"No experience" :CWL:

Good luck with the doors, I truly mean it. Dont like seeing anyone spend money and things dont work out.

I agree with you though that they're only tube doors, so even if sub par quality they're still only tube doors

Good luck, keep us posted!
I have to say, from experience, that PROFIT is every companies goal. If that means coasting on reputation, while quality suffers, that happens.
Your replies sound more like "sour grapes", by the way, what is your company ??

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
These doors are at the top of my list. Already ordered some Alien Sunshades. Just need to figure out a cost effective solution for top removal / storage.

Like you, I want the best, but need to taper that with cost / value. I've looked at these and it's reviews like this that make it easier for those of us on the fence to pick a product and go with it. I have a Black on Black Moab and these will be perfect. With the top off and the sunshades in place, my family will be happy.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These doors are at the top of my list. Already ordered some Alien Sunshades. Just need to figure out a cost effective solution for top removal / storage.

Like you, I want the best, but need to taper that with cost / value. I've looked at these and it's reviews like this that make it easier for those of us on the fence to pick a product and go with it. I have a Black on Black Moab and these will be perfect. With the top off and the sunshades in place, my family will be happy.
I cannot stress the quality is good the biggest difference is Tube size, and frankly the larger tubes do not fit well in the door jams as they stick out beyond the side of the body. These smaller tubes fit much better.

IMO these look really good on a black on black wrangler even with the hard top on, can't wait till time to put the soft top on...

half%20doors%203%20-%20Copy_zpslxsf4d0a.jpg

Sponsored

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
These are nice, I had them in my amazon cart before I went to the jeep and truck show. But I instead went with the Body Armor version just because I was able to get a good deal on them and for the added ascetics in the BA trail doors (more little holes and padding on the rails).

Great review though! thank you.

Spoke

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
IT guy
Vehicle Showcase
The main issue I have with half doors like these is the blank space at the bottom part of the door well. All my beer cans will roll right out the bottom of the doors and, for that matter, any other small item laying around the jeep. I like the look and function of the half doors only when they cover the entire bottom of the door well.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The main issue I have with half doors like these is the blank space at the bottom part of the door well. All my beer cans will roll right out the bottom of the doors and, for that matter, any other small item laying around the jeep. I like the look and function of the half doors only when they cover the entire bottom of the door well.
While I get the sarcasm, your claim is FALSE the foot wells are recessed and that beer can would have to jump up a few inches and then fall out. Then that gap is only slightly larger than a beer can and if you were in a position for anything on the floor to make that journey you have bigger problems as you wrangler is on its side... Nice try

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Do you think these doors are ok for tooling around town? I'm curious if they rattle a lot, especially the latch.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The Latch is solid, it is also adjustable so will not rattle what so ever when properly adjusted, which is very easy to do, They are perfect for around town or on the trail.

Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I cannot stress the quality is good the biggest difference is Tube size, and frankly the larger tubes do not fit well in the door jams as they stick out beyond the side of the body. These smaller tubes fit much better.

IMO these look really good on a black on black wrangler even with the hard top on, can't wait till time to put the soft top on...

These look really nice. I also have the black Sahara and am highly contemplating adding half doors. After reading your review, I've put these on the top of the list. At half the price of others, while looking durable, and seeing positive reviews, I think it would be dumb for me not to try these out first!

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I looked all over for reviews of these budget priced tube half doors for the JL with no luck so I decided to bit the bullet and give them a try. For me living in Washington half door use will be a few months a year and even then just occasionally so cost was a factor. The 3 reviews I did find were all very good.

They arrived well packages and the only assembly was install the hinges and the mirrors, which took about 1 hour from box to jeep.

The powdercoat finish was in flawless condition and matched my steps and Bumper perfectly, he screws and bolts were all Stainless, the mirrors were decent with great rear view. The Mesh are all velcro heavy duty straps, the Velcro allows you to keep them tight.. I like the mesh as we have a small dog and this will keep him safe and in the Jeep. Overall I give them a 9 out of 10.

The fit was easy and required NO adjustment, however there is adjustment on the latch mechanism if needed. They close nice and so far no rattling except maybe of an aggressive bump.

I looked at all the Tube doors most were $800 to $1000 and beyond, I tried to figure out what was so special about them that justified the cost and I just cold not see the cost justification especially without mirrors or a screen or mesh filler

The EAG set of 4 Doors including mirrors $439 (I ordered from Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCD43YW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have dual tops however my hard top will stay on till late April so here are a couple pics with the hard top on

half%20doors%201_zpssphpnq1h.jpg

kalf%20doors%202%20-%20Copy_zpsrckt7jxl.jpg

Still liking these doors a month or so later?

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Still liking these doors a month or so later?
I put the soft top on last week I ran with stock doors on, No doors at all and with the EAG Tube doors, I was pleased with how much wind that the EAG doors eliminated vs no doors, I almost went with the Rugged ridge doors with no webbing (glad I did not) while there was a difference between stock doors (windows down) and EAG doors it was not bad at all (no doors was really windy, wife did not care for that), I did all three at 60-65 mph. Also note I had my Alien 2-piece mesh top installed as well

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I put the soft top on last week I ran with stock doors on, No doors at all and with the EAG Tube doors, I was pleased with how much wind that the EAG doors eliminated vs no doors, I almost went with the Rugged ridge doors with no webbing (glad I did not) while there was a difference between stock doors (windows down) and EAG doors it was not bad at all (no doors was really windy, wife did not care for that), I did all three at 60-65 mph. Also note I had my Alien 2-piece mesh top installed as well
Awesome, thanks for the update! I'll definitely need to hit the highway for baseball tournaments, but it would be nice not to have full doors. No doors is fine with me, but I know my wife won't care for the full wind. Sure seems like a great middle-of-the-road option for all of us.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
vs no doors it also makes a good arm rest.

The other nice thing you can do is buy 2" velcro straps (4" would be Ideal) long enough to weave in the holes of the existing mesh for completely enclosed door if needed for longer high speed trips. This would knock down 95% of the wind and make it more like full doors with windows down. Since the velcro in-place easy on and off but for front doors hiway travel it is an cheap option.

door%20straps_zpsg4c1q5tj.jpg
Sponsored