First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wayout: too big.
Five-quarter: wrong ratio of gin to tonic; should be at least twice as much gin as tonic.
J6: perfect; release alongside Gladiator
Gladiator JT Scrambler: too big.
Gladiator flatbill: too big.
Gladiator gravity: too big.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If they don't make the J6 a production car, I really hope a third party makes a conversion kit. It's a modern day Comanche which is exactly what I was hoping the Gladiator would be.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do. Cut a JLU in half, slap an extended Gladiator bed on the back, fab up a new tub behind the seats. Done.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Am I the only one disappointed that there aren't any Wranglers this year. I knew the focus would be on the Gladiator, but I expected there to be a couple of Wranglers Even last year when the Wrangler was the new model, they still brought a couple of other models out

Sponsored

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Wayout: too big.
Five-quarter: wrong ratio of gin to tonic; should be at least twice as much gin as tonic.
J6: perfect; release alongside Gladiator
Gladiator JT Scrambler: too big.
Gladiator flatbill: too big.
Gladiator gravity: too big.
Good call on the Gin and Tonic, great eye, excellent description for the whole thing.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Am I the only one disappointed that there aren't any Wranglers this year. I knew the focus would be on the Gladiator, but I expected there to be a couple of Wranglers Even last year when the Wrangler was the new model, they still brought a couple of other models out
Yup. Same shit I went through when I was a Toyota guy... bought a Tacoma and aftermarket support was great.

FJ Cruiser came out and Toyota and the aftermarket forgot all about the Tacoma. This is deja vu.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I really like that J6.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Same shit I went through when I was a Toyota guy... bought a Tacoma and aftermarket support was great.

FJ Cruiser came out and Toyota and the aftermarket forgot all about the Tacoma. This is deja vu.
Wow, I wasn’t aware of that whole progression. I do remember pulling my buddy’s FJ out of sugar sand once with my TJ. And then again a few weeks later when he high-centered on a dune. And I remember Toyota saying “never mind” on the FJ cruiser, while the Tacoma continued to dominate the mid-size truck segment.

I’m not worried that the JL’s aftermarket might suffer because of the Gladiator. I really doubt anything could topple the juggernaut that is the Wrangler aftermarket.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Wow, I wasn’t aware of that whole progression. I do remember pulling my buddy’s FJ out of sugar sand once with my TJ. And then again a few weeks later when he high-centered on a dune. And I remember Toyota saying “never mind” on the FJ cruiser, while the Tacoma continued to dominate the mid-size truck segment.

I’m not worried that that’s going to happen with the JL. I really doubt anything could topple the juggernaut that is the Wrangler aftermarket.
It came full circle once the aftermarket realized the FJ was going away. But it was a thing for a long while.
Sponsored