Sponsored

Who else finds color the hardest choice?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
  • Banned
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I decided I was in no hurry to get a JL to complement my LJ, but today I saw my first Bikini JL, and now I've got the itch something fierce.

Jeep does a good job of offering interesting colors, but usually there's one I'm crazy about. Often yellow, although Mojito looks pretty great too.

But Bikini is where it's at for me right now.

(I'll admit if I had to buy a Gladiator I'd struggle, because the only bright color seems to be Punk'n, which is fine but doesn't give me the same thrill.)

ecfc3cb7-72ed-4366-899f-3e3662989085-jpeg.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Ah, first world problems! I think a lot of people have this conundrum. I did for sure, For a entire year. lol. I usually like lighter colors because they hide dirt and dust well so easy maintenance. Plus the JL doors can be spotty in terms of how flat they are. Most have oil-canning or waves in the door panels from the stamping process. Lighter colors like white hide the imperfections better then darker colors like black. As much as I liked white I decided against it after seeing the yellowing issue on the grills and plastic parts. Plus I owned a lot of white cars before. That left red, mojito, light billet silver, sting gray, and granite. Would have been happy with any of them. Dropped red because I own a red car. I really love mojito but thought it was to flashy for the city. That left me with 3 grays to choose from. At the end it was between sting gray and granite. I made a last minute call the day I ordered and decided on granite even though I knew the waves in the doors would show more. Do I love the color? Yes, a lot when it's clean. I do have some envy whenever I see a mojito or sting gray. lol. Mojito would be so low maintenance because it hides dust so well. Sting gray is so unique and has a slight military look which is appropriate considering the Wrangler heritage.

I think you should go Mojito!! It a great color that will hide dust and it's bold and unique. Red or orange is not bad either. You can't make a wrong choice!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Yes. I initially wanted white, but didnā€™t want to order, and the dealer a half-mile from me had black and red with the exact options I wanted, but no white.
I struggled, chose black, and Iā€™m happy with my choice....but when I see a red one, I wonder......
Itā€™s all good.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I went back and forth between color options for months. I wasnā€™t even considering ocean blue till I saw one in person.

Look at the colors in person in different light conditions. Blue bird day vs overcast vs night will all look different.

Sponsored

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
I was initially looking at sting gray but then decided on punk'n with tan leather. Liked the richness of the color under all light conditions. Mojito felt too metallic for me.

Now just waiting for it to arrive. :tumbleweed:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My color decision flow chart went like this:

1. Is it white, black, grey, silver? If so, itā€™s a no-go. Iā€™m philosophically opposed to non-color colors. No greyscale for me.

2. Is it loud? If so, itā€™s a no-go. This eliminated Mojito, Firecracker, Yella, Punkā€™n... all the bright colors. I like them all but my old TJ was bright red and it was too conspicuous for me.

3. This left Ocean Blue, though even it is a little too bright for me. I would have loved a deep maroon or forest green.

Ford did -I think- one year (2011 2012) of a color called Lava Red on the Mustang and I LOVED it. It was such a deep red that it looked black in most pictures and low-light conditions, but in the sun it was a beautiful metallic red that shifted colors. They had to stop offering it in 2012 2013 because the tsunami in Japan destroyed the factory that made it, IIRC. I got my ā€˜12 Mustang in Kona Blue which I also loved and I think was a little darker than Ocean Blue.

Bottom line though is that I really love Ocean Blue and canā€™t wait to see mine in person!

Edit: to answer the OP, because of my handy flow chart, I didnā€™t find the color choice particularly difficult.

Last edited:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
It was love at first sight for us. Punk'n wasn't even on our radar but it was the one we test drove. Ended up driving it home that night. Couldn't be happier.

But honestly you can't go wrong with any of them. Red is probably the most popular, with Mojito and Punk'n much less common. I saw a chart somewhere that said only 4% of Wranglers were made in Punk'n... not sure about the others.

Good luck!

IMG_1206.JPG

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
I considered most of the colors, tried to avoid the grays/black/white. I didn't like orange in person, after seeing it on a dealers lot several times. I thought about red, but red is a color I would consider on a lot of vehicles in the future. Mojito - I would probably not order on anything else other than a Jeep so thats what I went with, especially for a 2 door.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It was love at first sight for us. Punk'n wasn't even on our radar but it was the one we test drove. Ended up driving it home that night. Couldn't be happier.

But honestly you can't go wrong with any of them. Red is probably the most popular, with Mojito and Punk'n much less common. I saw a chart somewhere that said only 4% of Wranglers were made in Punk'n... not sure about the others.

Good luck!

IMG_1206.JPG
It's a misconception. Black, White, Granite and Silver are more popular than Red. I know it is boring but true.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a misconception. Black, White, Granite and Silver are more popular than Red. I know it is boring but true.
I should have said of his choices, red (Firecracker) is the most popular. Hands down that the neutral colors you mention are vastly more common than the three the OP is considering.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I should have said of his choices, red (Firecracker) is the most popular. Hands down that the neutral colors you mention are vastly more popular than these three. The four your mentioned are far and away more common than the three the OP is considering.
I got you. Sorry. I misread it.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got you. Sorry. I misread it.
Your Sting Gray is very nice... it's a color that had different personalities in different light. A very good color for a jeep!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Your Sting Gray is very nice... it's a color that had different personalities in different light. A very good color for a jeep!
I also wanted a color that had never been on a JK.
Sponsored