Anyone have wet okole seat covers?

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
i was wondering...for those jeepers running wet okole seat covers, how do you like them?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
i was wondering...for those jeepers running wet okole seat covers, how do you like them?
I have run them on a few Wrangler's over the years... They are really nice. Fit like a glove... If it weren't that my JL has leather, I'd have Wet Okole seat covers.

I should add, that prior to the sale of each Wrangler, I pulled the Wet Okoles. The seats underneath looked as new.. This really helped when I went to sell the vehicle.

Oh, I was also able to sell via Craigslist, the used Wet Okole's for a tad more then what I originally paid for them.

Wet Okoles are easy to care for... they do the job. Misconception is that Wet Okole can keep seat from getting wet... this is not true.

OP
OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have run them on a few Wrangler's over the years... They are really nice. Fit like a glove... If it weren't that my JL has leather, I'd have Wet Okole seat covers.

I should add, that prior to the sale of each Wrangler, I pulled the Wet Okoles. The seats underneath looked as new.. This really helped when I went to sell the vehicle.

Oh, I was also able to sell via Craigslist, the used Wet Okole's for a tad more then what I originally paid for them.

Wet Okoles are easy to care for... they do the job. Misconception is that Wet Okole can keep seat from getting wet... this is not true.

Thanks for reply. Also, I thought they kept seat dry. Regardless, I think I’ll go for a set on my Jl

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

This is good feedback. I had them on my old Liberty and plan to order them for my Wrangler.

@Rhinebeck01 Any suggestions on cleaning/caring for them? Previously I would clean them in place but water and soap went right through into the seats underneath.

Last edited:

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i had them on my tj. but i found the rugged ridge ones that i bought for the wifes tj were better. two piece design instead of the one piece that the okleys are. the rugged ridge ones just fit better.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had them on my tj. but i found the rugged ridge ones that i bought for the wifes tj were better. two piece design instead of the one piece that the okleys are. the rugged ridge ones just fit better.
Funny, on the JK, I felt just the opposite. I saw the Rugged's installed on a JK but they did not look/fit as well as the Wet Okole's on a JK.

Also, I had Wet Okole's on 2, TJ's and thought the fit was very good... never saw Rugged's on a TJ.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Do any seat covers fit leather seats?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do any seat covers fit leather seats?
@smokinjeep

I know the Wet Okole's just pull over.. I see no reason why they would not work with Leather seats.

You could reach out to Wet Okole, Customer Service and ask. They are very communicative.

I have leather in my 2dr. Rubi. For days when I am at the beach... wet bathing suit.. or days when my pants are dirty, I use one of these. I also have one for the front passenger seat. This particular cover is very good... well known.... durable and easy to clean. I have used this brand in Wrangler's for years now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQW0LLC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
@smokinjeep

I know the Wet Okole's just pull over.. I see no reason why they would not work with Leather seats.

You could reach out to Wet Okole, Customer Service and ask. They are very communicative.

I have leather in my 2dr. Rubi. For days when I am at the beach... wet bathing suit.. or days when my pants are dirty, I use one of these. I also have one for the front passenger seat. This particular cover is very good... well known.... durable and easy to clean. I have used this brand in Wrangler's for years now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQW0LLC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This looks great but really I’m looking for something for the rear seats. I hunt with my lab and when she jumps up into the rear seat I want to protect them from her claws as well as the mud. Any ideas?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
do any of the seat covers keep the seats dry? I'm looking at them to go over my leather factory for the summer for two primary reasons: first our dog, protect the back seat when she comes for rides and second for after we are on the boat swimming and what not; often time we get back in the car wet. I've been looking at Wet Okole, PRP, Bartact and not sure what the best option is for water and animal claw protection.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I think that theory is that you don't want true waterproof covers, because then they won't breathe. Then, if you do get moisture in the seat somehow, it can't get out. Just my theory ;)

I'd personally get the covers for looks and long term protect, but still put towels over them when wet, especially from saltwater.
Sponsored