Sponsored

Would tube doors look ok on stock rubicon?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If you put tube doors on your rubicon, it wont be a stock rubicon anymore so it will look fine.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I got tube doors because my wife is uncomfortable with no doors and I like to run doorless for 6+ months. I got cheaper doors off ebay ($500 vs. $1,200).

IMG_20181005_164848.jpg
Hey those look really good, care to post any more pics? Especially interested in how well they follow the door frame line towards the rear of both doors.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The Mopar doors are $1200 and it is nothing more than steel tubing, powdercoat, hinge and latch mechanism., when there are comparable doors for a lot less. My issue with most of the the doors is they donot really contain anything such as pest, kids or items in the seating area. Having a small dog would not work unless the doors had a mesh or solid side. By the time you buy the Mopar doors then the aftermarket Screen someday (if ever) you will be in them $1400

I decided to buy the EAG doors all four doors with mirrors and mesh for $429 and I could not be happier with the quality. While the tubing is a smaller diameter I think the EAG actually fits better in the door opening, the Powercoat is very good, the mesh, hinge and latch mechanism is all very good quality, Budget price does not always me lower quality, often times it just means lower margin. Look they are just tube doors.

What makes these good for me is they will contain stuff inside from sliding out (including the dog)

Also not all the reviews both here and other sources are all stellar

$439 1/3 the price of the Mopar and 1/2 of the Rugged Ridge (Amazon Prime) I will say for hard core offroad the Mopar is definitely more robust https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCD43YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

half%20doors%201_zpshuxh5vwo.jpg

kalf%20doors%202%20-%20Copy_zpsrckt7jxl.jpg

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
As a career fire fighter, I won’t allow anyone to ride in my Jeep without a minimum of tube doors on. I have seen to many wrecks. Maybe pre cell phone days I would of not considered it necessary. I also think they look good on tbe Jlu.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
As a career fire fighter, I won’t allow anyone to ride in my Jeep without a minimum of tube doors on. I have seen to many wrecks. Maybe pre cell phone days I would of not considered it necessary. I also think they look good on tbe Jlu.
How well do the tube doors protect passengers in a wreck?

The way I look at it a lot of people ride motorcycles. Going doorless seems a lot safer than that.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I think it is more about keeping people and thing in rather than protection from external forces. None of these tube doors are very rigid

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey those look really good, care to post any more pics? Especially interested in how well they follow the door frame line towards the rear of both doors.
These are the only other photos I have at the moment with the tube doors on. The first two show the mirrors I have on them now (I didn't care for the ones that came with the tube doors; I couldn't adjust them enough to get a good rear-view).

MVIMG_20181013_124549.jpg

IMG_20181013_124544.jpg

MVIMG_20181005_164901.jpg

IMG_20181005_164920.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to see how the Mopar tube doors would look on my JL. Since I ordered and paid for them back in August of last year, all I have is/are........................ pictures.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
These are the only other photos I have at the moment with the tube doors on. The first two show the mirrors I have on them now (I didn't care for the ones that came with the tube doors; I couldn't adjust them enough to get a good rear-view).

MVIMG_20181013_124549.jpg

IMG_20181013_124544.jpg

MVIMG_20181005_164901.jpg

IMG_20181005_164920.jpg
Thanks! How well do you think they fit, any rattling?

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I'd love to see how the Mopar tube doors would look on my JL. Since I ordered and paid for them back in August of last year, all I have is/are........................ pictures.
Aww that sucks. I hope you get them soon. I’m going to order them too.

Sponsored

2019RUBI

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camry, 2017 Camaro 2SS, 1990 Mustang, 2019 Rubi on order
We have been looking at tube doors as well as the plan is to have the Rubi naked as much as possible. Unfortunately, we currently still live in the Chicago area and people have no clue how to drive here. I love the idea of being door less, but we just can't be without the side impact protection.

I've looked into a few brands and so far, we have settled on either the Mopar or Rugged Ridge doors due to their use of larger tubing. I'm open to other designs but those are the front runners at this point.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We have been looking at tube doors as well as the plan is to have the Rubi naked as much as possible. Unfortunately, we currently still live in the Chicago area and people have no clue how to drive here. I love the idea of being door less, but we just can't be without the side impact protection.

I've looked into a few brands and so far, we have settled on either the Mopar or Rugged Ridge doors due to their use of larger tubing. I'm open to other designs but those are the front runners at this point.
I understand your point, I am just confused about what if any side impact protection the tube doors actually provide.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Tube doors are a head scratcher for me. They aren’t any safer than doorless, they are expensive, and they contradict the point of taking off the doors. Strange concept. But whatever. Not my Jeep.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
The Mopar doors are $1200 and it is nothing more than steel tubing, powdercoat, hinge and latch mechanism., when there are comparable doors for a lot less. My issue with most of the the doors is they donot really contain anything such as pest, kids or items in the seating area. Having a small dog would not work unless the doors had a mesh or solid side. By the time you buy the Mopar doors then the aftermarket Screen someday (if ever) you will be in them $1400

I decided to buy the EAG doors all four doors with mirrors and mesh for $429 and I could not be happier with the quality. While the tubing is a smaller diameter I think the EAG actually fits better in the door opening, the Powercoat is very good, the mesh, hinge and latch mechanism is all very good quality, Budget price does not always me lower quality, often times it just means lower margin. Look they are just tube doors.

What makes these good for me is they will contain stuff inside from sliding out (including the dog)

$439 1/3 the price of the Mopar and 1/2 of the Rugged Ridge (Amazon Prime) I will say for hard core offroad the Mopar is definitely more robust https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCD43YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice!!.. I'll be adding these to my cart. I'll wait to see what they have at the truck and jeep fest before pulling the trigger on them though. Fingers crossed that I can find some good tube doors and LEDs for the JL at the event. :)

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase

I saved these to my cart as well - thanks for posting. Doesn't look like the mesh could be removed or replaced if wanted, is that correct ?
Sponsored