Sponsored

Tire Pressure - rely on TPMS or old fashion manual air pressure gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
Wow this has gotten deep lol I am gonna throw this out:CWL: :devil: :punch: my catch can averages my tire pressure so it's the same hot or cold :asshat: I use a a tire gage and still playing with pressure to get best ride currently at 29 psi COLD and warm by cluster around 31-33
I've dropped stock JL Sport tire pressures by 6psi. BIG improvement.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You obviously missed his last sentence... And you are choosing to misinterpret the manufacturers' instructions. They couldn't be more clear.
Go to page 1, post # 7

That's the start

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I've dropped stock JL Sport tire pressures by 6psi. BIG improvement.
It is a huge improvement!!

With tires as large as ours and what we use it for...the manufacturers recommendation nearly means nothing

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I'm not talking about mfgs instructions, what does that have to do with target psi???

I'm talking about target psi and how to set that

It's you who obviously cant read

Did you even read the thread from the beginning?

I'm so done get lost

It has everything to do with target pressure. They design the tire and have a target pressure which it is intended to run at. Then, in their desire to get you to the correct pressure, came up with a method to acquire that pressure. Guess how they do that... Nevermind, you've already been told.

Enjoy your underinflated tires and the sidewall failure which will eventually result from it.

And I have read the entire thread. Thanks.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
It has everything to do with target pressure. They design the tire and have a target pressure which it is intended to run at. Then, in their desire to get you to the correct pressure, came up with a method to acquire that pressure. Guess how they do that... Nevermind, you've already been told.

Enjoy your underinflated tires and the sidewall failure which will eventually result from it.

And I have read the entire thread. Thanks.
Enjoy my underinflated tires???

What the heck are you talking about guy

Sponsored

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
It is a huge improvement!!

With tires as large as ours and what we use it for...the manufacturers recommendation nearly means nothing
Maybe it's an attempt to get MPG up a little? The spec does seems flat out wrong. (No pun intended.) I might even go lower.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
If you want your tires at 38 cold, then set pressure in morning after sitting over night, the tpms is reading 41 the next morning because it’s still reading from last time you drove it. If you want to run 38 psi as your actual pressure then set your pressure at 34-35 in morning. As you drive pressure will build....:)
No. Check them COLD.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
The spec'd pressures are cold pressures. No sun, no driving, etc. They are spec'd that way knowing that the pressure will increase to different pressures based on the type of driving.
Bingo

Brazilbombsqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tire Pressure?

SquarePic_20190401_00511727.jpg

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I use the JL's TPMS, today on the stock tires I aired down to 20 psi then back to 36 for daily driving.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
The tires should be checked cold to ensure consistency. If the tires are warm, the PSI will reflect applied loads (ie. driver). Setting when warm will result in varied pressures when the tires return to a "cold" state.

Its an interesting thought to have all tires at the same pressures when warm, could be more efficient. Its really never occurred to me, but I'd probably freak out to see a different PSI on each tire. Of course, non-TPMS vehicles wouldn't create this OCD behavior.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow....this thread really blew up, I’m confused now, as to what the argument actually is. All I know is my rig rides and drives the best at 32-33 psi. So in order to achieve this I set my pressure in the morning when tires are cold to 30 psi. I have my tpms set at 26 with tazer so I don’t get any alerts. This is what “ I DO” RIGHT OR WRONG I DONT CARE, this is how I assure that I’m not driving around on pressure higher than what I want it to be. I understand that it’s going to fluctuate, but at least I’ll be around my desired psi.... :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.