What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How do you drive those fenders in CA? That much tread exposure is going to get some LEO interested in you. Plus rocks are going to destroy the paint on your rear fenders.
Good question! Lol. I’m not worried about either. From the back it doesn’t look as wide compared w the stock fenders.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks great! Is your bead lock rings painted same as Jeep? Or are they just a grey, or anthracite, or gunmetal etc..?.... :)
Thank you! Beadlocks were pc’d Prismatic Kingsport Grey

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I also use Chemical Guys Citrus with a foam cannon and then hand wash.
The Sealant I used for the first coat was https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-touchless-sealant/
For the top coat it used P&S Beadmaker to add even more protection. I will probable use this each time as a drying agent.
There are other protectants out there that are probably as good as the ones I used but they worked for me.
The 303 did leave some streaking where I didn't get rinsed off enough but they were easily buffed off with a microfiber. Also works really well on glass.
Hand wash too?

When I foam cannon with the Citrus, the foam is super thick and i just let it bubble (looks like hydrogen peroxide lol). When I see it start disappearing I take the pressure washer and just use water to bring it all down. I hardly see any reason to hand wash after that. Some times if a birds crap was extra thick I might have to take a microfiber cloth to it in certain areas but thats about it.

I use my leaf blower to dry lol

Im gonna try that 303!

Reactions: RTJ

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Well it is Gravel Gray powder coat from https://www.prismaticpowders.com/?g...5cX_iwRZ3SE7c3PuAMRFZ2CIUMtF7GERoC2ocQAvD_BwE

They claimed it was exactly Sting Gray. I got a very small sample swatch and it did look dead on. In the sun it is unnoticeably close however in over cast it is not the exact match. I do have a bit of OCD so I am not extremely excited but not worth taking apart and redoing it.

I don’t mean to come across badly. I’d say it’s worth taking apart and redoing it. The picture doesn’t convey any closeness in color. I’d even go black before keeping that color. I tend to get anxiety if I don’t like a mod I did, and I have to fix it.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I don’t mean to come across badly. I’d say it’s worth taking apart and redoing it. The picture doesn’t convey any closeness in color. I’d even go black before keeping that color. I tend to get anxiety if I don’t like a mod I did, and I have to fix it.
Yep time will tell. We will see how long I can live with it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good question! Lol. I’m not worried about either. From the back it doesn’t look as wide compared w the stock fenders.
I have a JK with stock painted fenders and side steps and the rear fenders look like they have acne. And I don't go on gravel very often.

Also, I loved it when I was a deputy and someone that was breaking the law didn't worry about it until they got a ticket and defect ticket requiring removal of any violating add-ons. They then were given special attention after that to make sure they didn't put the illegal equipment back on.

So good luck.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I just got a 2 inch MOPAR lift today and man do I need bigger tires ASAP lol

A38E8CBB-D6F1-4DF0-BF6C-5DC01C8BC1CD.jpeg

A0867D8C-B4B3-49BE-86B5-222E9FD3220A.jpeg

ADB07FDC-57EB-4389-BE8B-691E1F26C508.jpeg

4FDEDD58-2B11-4160-A29A-C2F135242D2F.jpeg
Amen on bigger tires!!

Mine looked like a roller skate when I lifted it and still had 33's on for about a week