Sponsored

A word or caution for those considering a power soft top

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
The only thing that would be holding me back on the One Touch is the fact that a roof rack is not available for a Wrangler w/the One Touch.

Also, I wonder how the One Touch fairs against hail.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
What exactly happened at the car wash that damaged your rear quarter panel glass?
I am not certain. My wife took it through the car wash and rear window developed a crack which led to a hole. I imagine something was caught in the fabric that initiated a crack in the glass.

Ancompto

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hello, new here. Perused this forum before I bought, heard great reviews so I moved forward with purchase and here’s my experience. Bought it, drove home. 30 miles so far. Parked in my driveway, light spring rain and this:

It won’t let me post a video but it was constant, not just a couple drips. I collected a whole trash bag overnight. The dealership applied a sealant and gave it back. I am less than pleased and worried constantly when it rains now. The said the seal isn’t guaranteed in a car wash and will probably leak

301B4438-4893-40C0-94C8-A9B6FB5CA401.jpeg

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello, new here. Perused this forum before I bought, heard great reviews so I moved forward with purchase and here’s my experience. Bought it, drove home. 30 miles so far. Parked in my driveway, light spring rain and this:

It won’t let me post a video but it was constant, not just a couple drips. I collected a whole trash bag overnight. The dealership applied a sealant and gave it back. I am less than pleased and worried constantly when it rains now. The said the seal isn’t guaranteed in a car wash and will probably leak

301B4438-4893-40C0-94C8-A9B6FB5CA401.jpeg
You have to have a faulty seal or bad adjustment. Try these steps before demanding the dealer fix it.
  1. Fully open the top -- completely. This can reset the tension.
  2. Check for bad seals or anything that looks different between the two sides.
  3. Close the top from the fully opened position. This will complete the tension reset.
There is a difference in exterior noise if the top is not properly set. Mine never leaks during 60 mph crosswinds in a rain storm, let alone a car wash. Totally dry. Not a drip.

Sponsored

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
I doubt the JLU power soft top will have the same problems but something to consider.

https://www.motor1.com/news/306215/jeep-liberty-owners-sky-slider-roof/

Basically the article is about the power soft top in the old liberty, how they are all failing and now there are no parts to fix them any longer.
I love the look and functionality of the top - but if I were to own the vehicle long-term I would definitely be nervous about the technology and all the moving parts over time.
I am a bit tainted as I just had to rip out my air suspension system in my Ram 1500 and replace with simple coils.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love the look and functionality of the top - but if I were to own the vehicle long-term I would definitely be nervous about the technology and all the moving parts over time.
I am a bit tainted as I just had to rip out my air suspension system in my Ram 1500 and replace with simple coils.
Well if you happen to be correct, thank goodness it is a Wrangler. Easy enoungh to unbolt the Sky one Touch and replace with whatever JLU top you want.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Typical Wrangler "out of the ordinary option" thread. All the detractors are guys who don't own one but are convinced they know whats "going to happen". Reminds me of the turbo 2.0 threads....in fact some of the same guys of course.

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Typical Wrangler "out of the ordinary option" thread. All the detractors are guys who don't own one but are convinced they know whats "going to happen". Reminds me of the turbo 2.0 threads....in fact some of the same guys of course.
Actually I was just sharing facts about an old similar type of top- it's vastly different because the Wrangler has the option of scrapping the power softtop and getting a hard or softtop.

But with that said you are probably right, I looked at the $4k option and no ability to take the whole top off easily and I said no thanks I'll take the dual top option.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
This is not about the Liberty I like the power top it wasn't available when I ordered my Rubicon.
It seems as if people want an issue even if they don't own one.. And I refuse to LEASE a vehicle because I like to drive my vehicles and don't hide them from miles if I get 30K miles a year so what it's a machine.

fiddy_six

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT / 56 Ford F100
what kind of lubricant is everyone using on the rails? I have a 19 Rubicon with the sky one touch top. Its awesome! No leaks at all. A little bit of road noise after 65mph or so, but i'm not worried at all about it. Its a Jeep!

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
what kind of lubricant is everyone using on the rails? I have a 19 Rubicon with the sky one touch top. Its awesome! No leaks at all. A little bit of road noise after 65mph or so, but i'm not worried at all about it. Its a Jeep!
In the past I have used WD- 40 on the rails. Although I have thought about using a silicone garage door lube.

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
lets be honest without a the wrangler jeep brand wouldn't be what it is today, they are not going to push this aside like they did to the liberty. it seems to be real nice, if I had the cash I prob woulda considered it but I went with the next best thing prem soft top!

hope you Inca fix the leak!

Dan
Sponsored