Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
These wheels are very similar in appearance to the Ions but less expensive.
https://www.4wheelparts.ca/Wheels/P...?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=PXA7069-6873
That is the Canadian price, but this company is based in the US so your price will be lower.

Maybe with the money I saved you on the wheels you could splurge for this, ;)
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/2-lift-kit-fox-series-shocks-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

My take on the full kit with shocks and springs is that you also get the advantage of increased articulation off road. But the danger of doing this is that if you only have 33's you are going to look at this setup and realize that your tires are now a bit on the tiny size for the lift.....

This thread might help with visualization.. and no it won't be as bad as that TJ Unlimited but it might set off a chain reaction of spending! :giggle:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/looking-for-pics-of-2-mopar-lift-with-33s.11841/
Sponsored

OP
OP
voland

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
@voland Were you also an owner of the Holden VF Commodore... I meant Chevrolet SS???

Love my Jeep, but I do miss that car!

Congrats on your new Jeep!
Yes, I had Chevy SS, M6, which is the same car as Holden. Will miss it for sure.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

The 315's will fit with an 8.5" wide wheel with more offset than stock and the lift is insurance.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Congrats on the new ride, Voland! We're happy to help you out when it comes time to do the exhaust. Feel free to send us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905 when you are ready!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
New owner here. My first Jeep ever, even though I wanted one for about 25 years. The first ever Wrangler I saw was approximately in 1989, back in Russia. It was parked next to the hotel where foreigners usually stayed, It was bright red, and I have not seen anything like this before: the styling was retro, but I could tell that the car was brand new. Compared to what was around in Russia during that time, the red Wrangler was something like a beautiful toy from a fairy tale. It melted my heart, and ever since that day I wanted to have my own Wrangler. I could not imagine it as a daily driver though.

Finally, when beautiful JLU came out, I pulled the trigger and got myself a 19' Sahara, 6-speed in Granite Gray. I guess both of us, myself and the Wrangler, matured enough to get into a serious relationship. I'm a car enthusiast, coming from a 415 HP RWD manual sedan, so the driving experience is very different, but I do enjoy it so far.

I spent a lot of time reading this forum and is very thankful to insight and depth of knowledge here. Part of my decision to get the car can be attributed to the wealth of information available from this dedicated tribe of Jeep devotees.

I try off-roading -- how could I not? At the same time it will be my daily driver. I live in Chicago area, so potholes and snow driving would be the main features of the habitat. I want to customize it a bit, keeping it clean and classy, while making it"mine". I like tight and quality feel of the stock ride, so I would hate to ruin it with customizations.

I have the following plan so far:

1. Upgrade exhaust: Flowmaster or Magnaflow. (want the car to sound more authoritative, not loud)
2. Upgrade wheels: I like Ion 171 style or similar (suggestions?) I want the wheels to stick out just right, not too much, but more than stock for sure.
3. RC 2.5" budget lift with 1/4" longer control arms (for caster correction) plus upgraded track bar (should I also get shocks that are improvement over stock, while at it?)
4. Bridgestone 285/70 R17 KO, load C tires (would 315 width work without rubbing?, anyone selling?)
5. 3D Maxpider floor mats: seriously, the best mats I've ever tried: functional, very high-end look with super tight fit. If you have not seen them - take a look.
6. Hardtop headliner

A few other thoughts:
- Change the interior trim from gray to Rubicon red (anyone wants to trade in Chicago area?)
- Subtle red accents outside, possibly grille inserts, red tow hooks.
- I'd love to add ambient light into the overhead console (like BMW or Audi)
- Slight tint on side windows, transparent film on the windshield (to prevent stone chips)
- Hardwire radar detector and dashcam
- Hoist for removing the hardtop and adding a hardtop

Any feedback is appreciated! As I learn more, I hope I can start contributing to this forum.
Welcome!!! You're One Of Us!!! Enjoy it!!!

Sponsored

19SaharaLady

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Just purchased 2019 Moab, my first Jeep since 1992. My wife said I’m searching for my youth as I traded my two year old X5 for my Jeep. I am 75 years young. Ha
LOL - I am impatiently waiting for my Sahara to be ready (thought it was going to be yesterday - maybe tomorrow) - my last Jeep was a '91 with 1/2 doors and a soft top - what a difference 28 years of technological advances makes!! I too am trading in my luxury ride - Range Rover Evoque - I am gonna be a manual shifting grandma (not too soon I hope lol). You're only as old as you act! Congrats!!

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
Congrats on your new ride! Enjoy the journey.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Congratulations!! Welcome to the show :beer:

JEFFREY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP MOAB 2016 BMW M4 CV
Just purchased 2019 Moab, my first Jeep since 1992. My wife said I’m searching for my youth as I traded my two year old X5 for my Jeep. I am 75 years young. Ha
I've owned 13 BMWs in a row including just about every model and switched to a '19 Moab and couldn't be happier. In addition to the obvious, I love not having to keep an eye on the road for potholes or worrying about bad weather.

Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
"My wife said I’m searching for my youth"

:beer: well, cheers to finding your youth!! :champagne:

It's probably hiding at the top of a mountain somewhere!!

Go get em' kid!! :fist bump:

:jk:

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase

haha my wife tells everyone it is my mid-life crisis vehicle. I say no it's my "I don't give a damn, get out of my way, I'm ready for the apocolypse, vehicle"

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
haha my wife tells everyone it is my mid-life crisis vehicle. I say no it's my "I don't give a damn, get out of my way, I'm ready for the apocolypse, vehicle"
Hahaha!!! We were deciding between a Mustang GT or the Jeep (both vehicles that have been on my bucket list for a good long while). Wife says the Mustang is too much a MLC vehicle... get the Jeep. How could I argue with that logic?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Compared to what was around in Russia during that time, the red Wrangler was something like a beautiful toy from a fairy tale.
Welcome to the real life fairy tale!!!

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha!!! We were deciding between a Mustang GT or the Jeep (both vehicles that have been on my bucket list for a good long while). Wife says the Mustang is too much a MLC vehicle... get the Jeep. How could I argue with that logic?
My wife said "Get the Jeep but you have to sell the Mustang or the Harley". I was driving a Ford Edge at the time.

So I sold my 2006 Mustang GT, full body kit, side exhaust, tuned. But I was and still am OK with that decision. Over the past 3-4 years I hadn't really been driving the Mustang, even when I did it was more out of obligation to run it than to enjoy the ride.
Sponsored