Sponsored

Is anybody running the Rigid Ind. cowl light pod brackets?

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL
Cant tell by pic...but are they far enough to the side so can put windshield down?
Yes, they were designed to allow for windshield fold-down functionality with up to 2 pairs of cube lights with the stands placed in the furthest outer slot adjustments.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
OP
OP
pdavey168

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Cant tell by pic...but are they far enough to the side so can put windshield down?
They do claim on the site that the windshield can be lowered.

ClintA

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Working on a solution for that now. Don't know what I can post on these since I don't know the forum rules, but since someone else brought them up... I'm the designer of this system.
Any progress on the ability to turn the lights with the rigid mount?

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Working on a solution for that now. Don't know what I can post on these since I don't know the forum rules, but since someone else brought them up... I'm the designer of this system.
Yes please!! I really would like to move my lights from the windshield.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
So I take it that this mount is not available yet?

Does the current Rigid Mount in this thread allow for a 4” cube on the bottom and a 3” on top?

Thanks a lot!!!

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From the silence, I have to wonder if @campbellshotrods was told to cease and desist.

Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Does the current Rigid Mount in this thread allow for a 4” cube on the bottom and a 3” on top?

Thanks a lot!!!
Sorry, working on it. Haven't figured out something slick with a balance of function and form. I'm getting a lot of pressure to do so, so I'll have to get moving.

As far as the 4" and 3" cube mixing, the tab widths are different so they won't work on the Artec mounts, but they will work on the Rigid 41656 mounts.

From the silence, I have to wonder if @campbellshotrods was told to cease and desist.
I'm still here, just got busy, nobody has told me anything. Tried looking for a pinned post on what I can or cannot do, but didn't see that. I'm not trying to sell anything, I'm just merely hanging around because as a designer I like to know what people want in a product or want for future products... and if someone has a question that doesn't seem to be answered, I try to help if I can. I try to be engaged, but I don't want to come off like a pushy salesman. I'm just here to learn like I do with other forums to understand the vehicles and the owners I'm designing mounts for. I can't get out to all the shows, so trying to hang on the forums is the next best thing.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just merely hanging around because as a designer I like to know what people want in a product or want for future products... and if someone has a question that doesn't seem to be answered, I try to help if I can.
As a product manager, I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate you taking the time to learn about your customers.

One thing I can't quite tell is can you conifigure this mount with only one light without it looking funny? I love the low profile and side offset, but don't picture rmyself running two lights per side.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a note. It's been on my list for too long, so I took action and designed one that I like. Got it quoted, and I can release it at a cost I see being reasonable (for 6061 billet machined parts), so I'll order prototypes next week and have working samples very soon.

Man that looks nice. How much is this exact setup cost?
P/N 41656. I see different sites have them for around $200 on Google, not going to name any retailers since I don't want to play favoritism with any vendors on here.

As a product manager, I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate you taking the time to learn about your customers.

One thing I can't quite tell is can you conifigure this mount with only one light without it looking funny? I love the low profile and side offset, but don't picture rmyself running two lights per side.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I'm actually designer, PM, and now fab shop manager (got me a Plasma table and brake) for all things mounts, haha. Trying to improve our processes.

I've seen them mounted with one light per side and it doesn't look bad. Saw a pic on Facebook with them, I'll have to see if I can find that pic.
Sponsored