Sponsored

The new SuperChip for JL......

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have Flashcal and it works well. The only feature that I've had trouble with is ESS disable. It does disable ESS, but that also disables remote start. Emails and questions posted on Superchips' website remain unanswered whether they'll fix it. Once warmer weather arrives, I'll disable ESS since I won't be using remote start.
ill echo that statement, i have the FlashCal and its not very stellar. it did not disable the ESS, i have a manual, so i cannot speak to the remote start. it has successfully changed my speedo for the 37s, and i was able to adjust my air pressure alarm levels, but i am still getting an unknown tire air pressure alarm that will flash for the first few minutes of operation. all mopar TPMS sensors in the new wheels are reporting the correct pressure and the speedo seems to still be calibrated. no info from the handheld on the diagnostic codes, mainly becuase there are not check engine lights i think.

and ill also echo emails to superchips have gone unanswered. i have the newest update downloaded as of last week. 2019 JLUR...
Sponsored

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
ill echo that statement, i have the FlashCal and its not very stellar. it did not disable the ESS, i have a manual, so i cannot speak to the remote start. it has successfully changed my speedo for the 37s, and i was able to adjust my air pressure alarm levels, but i am still getting an unknown tire air pressure alarm that will flash for the first few minutes of operation. all mopar TPMS sensors in the new wheels are reporting the correct pressure and the speedo seems to still be calibrated. no info from the handheld on the diagnostic codes, mainly becuase there are not check engine lights i think.

and ill also echo emails to superchips have gone unanswered. i have the newest update downloaded as of last week. 2019 JLUR...
Have you found a way to learn if an update is available, aside from connecting Flashcal to the update agent app? I looked on the FlashCal website but SuperChips doesn't seem to announce updates.

I've also modified tire size and air pressure settings, the two primary reasons I bought the Flashcal. Those two features seem to work well.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yea the auto park is just if u need to back up a few inches and dont want to close the door really, not a huge deal. So you have the sport or sport s? and what size screen the 7 or 8.4 inch? Ive heard the 7'' screen doesnt allow off-road pages.
I have a Sport S with the 7” - the trail dash has a similar screen you can select that has similar features to the OEM off-road pages

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Have you found a way to learn if an update is available, aside from connecting Flashcal to the update agent app? I looked on the FlashCal website but SuperChips doesn't seem to announce updates.

I've also modified tire size and air pressure settings, the two primary reasons I bought the Flashcal. Those two features seem to work well.
If they have to push an update to fix a bug or something on your device they will email you otherwise I think you have to hook it up and check unless there is a way to sign up for notifications somehow.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a Sport S with the 7” - the trail dash has a similar screen you can select that has similar features to the OEM off-road pages
How do you get to that feature? What do u go to in the flashcal to access that?

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have you found a way to learn if an update is available, aside from connecting Flashcal to the update agent app?
i have not. i check for updates only if i see an issue.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Well i got it, basically the only two things i did were change the tire size and the start up screen. I thought changing fender lights to LED would fix the quick flashing turn signal but it didnt. Other than that most features are for upgraded packages (lockers, blindspot sensors, etc....)

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Sport S with Technology has pitch and Roll on the center cluster

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I have a newbie question since I just ordered this to correct my tires and tpms. I did read the manual last night. It says turn ignition on. Does that mean at Acc. or Run? Or it doesn't matter via pushbutton start? I do understand you don't start the motor, just wondering which one. thanks.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have a newbie question since I just ordered this to correct my tires and tpms. I did read the manual last night. It says turn ignition on. Does that mean at Acc. or Run? Or it doesn't matter via pushbutton start? I do understand you don't start the motor, just wondering which one. thanks.
Run

Reactions: aai

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Can you reset alarm setpoints for tpms or just turn them off? Is there a setting to allow you to leave backup camera on for more than 15 seconds going down the road?

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can set the threshold of when the tpms light will come on, or turn them off completely. I cant answer the camera question. I do have a question also. I retrofitted the mopar 7/4 pin harness. Now I enabled the towing package via Superchips. I have the 7" screen, will I see a page or some type of read out while towing? eg. tow/haul mode for tranny shifts. What actually happens when you enable the towing via Superchips? thanks

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The website for Flashcal lists the features, so no surprises. Some things aren't really clear though - I'm not entirely sure what the locker feature really does. I'll likely be adding Rubicon axles with lockers and hoping to use Flashcal to enable the locker feature, but it may require dealer programming. My trim level - Moab and already have off-road pages.
Superchips does not work for my auto park..
Sponsored