Sponsored

Advice on removing passenger a pillar grab handle.

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Trying to remove the oem grab handle.

So far:
removed 2 bolts under handle trim.
Removed tweeter trim

Looks like I have to remove the top of the dash.... any advice?

Still feels tight near the top and bottom.
Anybody know if there are trim clips in this thing too?
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to remove the oem grab handle.

So far:
removed 2 bolts under handle trim.
Removed tweeter trim

Looks like I have to remove the top of the dash.... any advice?

Still feels tight near the top and bottom.
Anybody know if there are trim clips in this thing too?
Did you have any luck, would like an update!

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have any luck, would like an update!
yes i did get it off eventually. Basically there is some trim clips and the solution was to wiggle all over the place till it came loose. I believe a slight up and left right caused it to pop out. Here are all the photos i took to maybe help you out.

57091616616__F8A27D33-376D-4109-8583-8C830A199852.JPG

57091630204__61B524E3-7BFB-4296-80E2-BF0CFDF46FB7.JPG

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
yes i did get it off eventually. Basically there is some trim clips and the solution was to wiggle all over the place till it came loose. I believe a slight up and left right caused it to pop out. Here are all the photos i took to maybe help you out.

57091616616__F8A27D33-376D-4109-8583-8C830A199852.JPG

57091630204__61B524E3-7BFB-4296-80E2-BF0CFDF46FB7.JPG

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg
But why??

Anything going in its place?

Sponsored

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe he is running wires through it and will be putting it back?
Correct. I wired up a Dash Cam. You can actually see BlackVue DR900S-2CH wires hanging (the antenna is behind) I ran them through here and down into the passenger kick Panel where the Aux Power runs to. I also included the photo of the windshield folded down to show how the wires run through the trim in the front.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Correct. I wired up a Dash Cam. You can actually see BlackVue DR900S-2CH wires hanging (the antenna is behind) I ran them through here and down into the passenger kick Panel where the Aux Power runs to. I also included the photo of the windshield folded down to show how the wires run through the trim in the front.
I installed the same camera system without removing ONE panel nevermind completely dissasembling your whole jeep(except for a very small one right behind rear view mirror stem to mount the camera).

You could've EASILY just ran and tucked the wires (for both the rear and front cams)inside the plastics. Very, very easy stuff to do.

Sorry you have/had to mistakingly go through all that.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Wires get routed to behind glove box if using magic box to get mounted there or down to aux switch bank
20190324_202429.jpg
20190324_202327.jpg
20190324_202227.jpg
wires

Sponsored

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the same camera system without removing ONE panel nevermind completely dissasembling your whole jeep(except for a very small one right behind rear view mirror stem to mount the camera).

You could've EASILY just ran and tucked the wires (for both the rear and front cams)inside the plastics. Very, very easy stuff to do.

Sorry you have/had to mistakingly go through all that.
Eh i went through about 200 pages of posts trying to find the best reference for the easiest possible install solution and never found a good one. You would think that was possible but for some reason i never found the best DIY for exactly what i wanted.

At the end of the day i have 0 exposed wires, every cable is zip tied and tucked up cleanly exactly where i want it.

If you have some photos on how you did this with removing 0 panels i'd love to see it. At the very I had to removed the passenger kick panel to get the best ground possible.

I also had trouble near the speaker on exactly where the wire was suppose to run if you didn't remove this trim. Not sure how you managed to squeeze it in there. I would have been afraid of pinching or breaking the cable.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Eh i went through about 200 pages of posts trying to find the best reference for the easiest possible install solution and never found a good one. You would think that was possible but for some reason i never found the best DIY for exactly what i wanted.

At the end of the day i have 0 exposed wires, every cable is zip tied and tucked up cleanly exactly where i want it.

If you have some photos on how you did this with removing 0 panels i'd love to see it. At the very I had to removed the passenger kick panel to get the best ground possible.

I also had trouble near the speaker on exactly where the wire was suppose to run if you didn't remove this trim. Not sure how you managed to squeeze it in there. I would have been afraid of pinching or breaking the cable.
I dont have any photos cus I just tucked the wires...I dont have one single wire expose as well, looks factory. I am very OCD about clean looking.

I mean, you just tuck the wire along the inside edges of the plastic panels. Dont know how else I can explain it. Look at the photos I uploaded marked with red arrows.

Maybe get a plastic pry tool to help you if you need to help tuck the wire but other than that it's pretty straight forward buddy.

As you run and tuck the wires just keep pulling the wire to keep it nice and tight.

Good luck with that dude, total overkill

Hope it all works out. Hit me up if have any questions on the camera system itself.

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wires get routed to behind glove box if using magic box to get mounted there or down to aux switch bank
20190324_202429.jpg
20190324_202327.jpg
20190324_202227.jpg
wires
Also i love this mount you have for the mirror. Where did you pick that up at?

OP
OP

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont have any photos cus I just tucked the wires...I dont have one single wire expose as well, looks factory. I am very OCD about clean looking.

I mean, you just tuck the wire along the inside edges of the plastic panels. Dont know how else I can explain it. Look at the photos I uploaded marked with red arrows.

Maybe get a plastic pry tool to help you if you need to help tuck the wire but other than that it's pretty straight forward buddy.

As you run and tuck the wires just keep pulling the wire to keep it nice and tight.

Good luck with that dude, total overkill

Hope it all works out. Hit me up if have any questions on the camera system itself.
Oh i finished that project a long time ago. 0 wires exposed except for the cables that connect to the camera itself. I didn't see anybody do any better until you posted these photos.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Also i love this mount you have for the mirror. Where did you pick that up at?
Sorry, I custom made it.

Well, let me clarify...I bought the mount but had to custom cut and grind and shape it to fit perfectly on the plastic panel on rear view mirror stem. Its bolted on with 2 tiny screws.

Attached is the mount I bought, but it will not fit unless you modify it. Basically, just need the bottom part of the mount.

If want, buy one and send to me, I own a business with a full shop and can make it for you if want. Very easy to do, can ship it back to you day after I receive it. Let me know
Screenshot_20190324-204352_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190324-204352_Gmail.jpg
Sponsored