Sponsored

Katzkin leather for JL Wrangler

My1stBuild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Wrangler Sahara w/ Sky One-Touch
If nobody chimes in here give either Katzkin a call or a local installer and ask to be absolutely sure. I don't see why not however. The heater has nothing to do with the cover. A local installer (pick a reputable one) removes the cloth skin and installs the leather. Neither of these are attached to the covers used at all.
Hello,
There are different types of foam (some insulate, some promote air flow) used to line the backside of the upholstery these directly effect the efficacy of the seat heat. When ordering this should be considered.
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Installation is on point!

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab, 2014 JK Willys
The Mopar leather program also allow you to pick any leather color at no additional charge, plus two-tone, contrast stitch are all included.
With regard to color selection, through our distribution channels (Mopar/Aftermarket) we have huge selection of color available. See Below
https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/2017OnlineKatzkinSwatchCard.jpg
So does this mean if I order my jeep and have the Mopar stitched Katzkin leather installed at the time of order, I get to pick out the color instead of just having black?

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
So does this mean if I order my jeep and have the Mopar stitched Katzkin leather installed at the time of order, I get to pick out the color instead of just having black?
See post #125 in this thread....

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is it possible to get the back of the rear seats done with leather as opposed to carpet?

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Is it possible to get the back of the rear seats done with leather as opposed to carpet?
Possibly... I would guess it would probably increase the cost. I haven't seen anyone who has posted their Katzkin seats having it done though. If you find out either way, please post the information for us.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Howdy,

Here's the first (successful) Katzkin Leather install w/ Ventilated Heated and COOLED seats!

And they said it couldn't be done..........

IMG_20190125_102032.jpg

IMG_20190125_101948.jpg

59445.jpeg
Are the cooled seats actually effective (strong enough) ?

My1stBuild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the cooled seats actually effective (strong enough) ?

In 82 degree Gulf Coast winter weather, freezes your a$$ ch33ks! In 45 degree Gulf Coast winter weather, high heat setting too hot!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
In 82 degree Gulf Coast winter weather, freezes your a$$ ch33ks! In 45 degree Gulf Coast winter weather, high heat setting too hot!
That's what I love to hear. Though thought you said the leather was thick or something and initially didn't get hot.

This is exactly what I want to do! Was the install done by the dealer? What instructions do I need to give my dealer on ordering? Or do I just call Katzkin directly...want to ensure it cools/heats effectively, and then matches the red dash (I went with billet silver exterior).

My1stBuild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I love to hear. Though thought you said the leather was thick or something and initially didn't get hot.

This is exactly what I want to do! Was the install done by the dealer?
No, didn't write about thickness.

No, I researched local Upholstery shops and pre-cut kits like Katzkins and decided on an installer after a couple interviews. I also spoke with the Katzkin reps who stated the system would not work in the JLs. I researched, had more interviews and conversations and talked the install through with the Upholsterer I decided on.

I did have the dealer ad the cost back into my financing and coordinate the install and pay the shop directly.

Now my a$$ stays comfortable regardless of the weather or even the top being open or closed.

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Howdy,

Here's the first (successful) Katzkin Leather install w/ Ventilated Heated and COOLED seats!

And they said it couldn't be done..........

IMG_20190125_102032.jpg

IMG_20190125_101948.jpg

59445.jpeg
Does that one button control both cooling and heating? Is it push once for low heat, twice medicines, etc?

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
@heels19

Here are some pics. The dash is sort of a metallic silver. It’s really pretty nice color but is a contrast to Sting-gray for sure. One thing I’m disappointed in not having is the grab bar with the Wrangler logo. I figure that can be bought at some point.

AA990213-81A1-49CC-B11F-88CBF936D244.jpeg
E0F8B2DE-7B88-4FEB-BC5C-7D6341213208.jpeg
CC0AB3F8-FEA1-4D09-8974-9ECF5EC55AE7.jpeg
88D2475E-EAA0-4CB8-8955-FB26DEF022FF.jpeg
Does katskinz not have a template for the armrest?

Reactions: AFD

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Does katskinz not have a template for the armrest?
Not as far as I know. They’ve commented on here that they don’t. Some installers have custom made them from the same material as the seats. I don’t know if Katzkin just sells pieces or what. Seems like I’ve seen someone with pictures of door materials being done as well.

There are some pretty amazing installers out there. We have a local guy who custom builds everything from his own measurements but his pricing is more than double Katzkin.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited
No, didn't write about thickness.

No, I researched local Upholstery shops and pre-cut kits like Katzkins and decided on an installer after a couple interviews. I also spoke with the Katzkin reps who stated the system would not work in the JLs. I researched, had more interviews and conversations and talked the install through with the Upholsterer I decided on.

I did have the dealer ad the cost back into my financing and coordinate the install and pay the shop directly.

Now my a$$ stays comfortable regardless of the weather or even the top being open or closed.

Could you share the information you gathered on getting the degreez system installed? Did you need to change anything? Was there a bunch of modding to have this put it? Did you have the cold weather group installed? Would your install just make the factory cold weather group buttons, for the seats, obsolete?
Sponsored