First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
I had an interesting chat with Jeep customer service. Unfortunately they confirmed I am NOT in D1 status but I also learned that after 21 days in D status, they can reach out to the factory and find out why the status hasn't changed:

Kaitlyn: Hi, my name is Kaitlyn with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
JD : good evening. I am trying to find out what the status of my JL is. VON is 40683742
Kaitlyn: Good Evening ! Your Jeep Wrangler is currently in stage D. Most orders start being built within 30 days after hitting this stage!
JD : ahh not D1?
Kaitlyn: Not yet! It has only been a little less than 2 weeks in this stage, which is completely normal! I know it must feel like a long time because how excited you are to get the vehicle! But everything is on track here and there are no delays
JD : i've been in D since the late December. mine is a 2 door JL and I believe they are only building 4 door models now
Kaitlyn: Your vehicle has been in stage D for 13 days, don't worry nothing is delayed on my end
JD : interesting. I have a printout from my dealer that I got, and was dated Dec 28 showing "status D -Firm scheduled serial number assigned". I don't doubt you see in your system it's been 13 days but there must have been some movement from D to C and back again
JD : but thank you for the update. I was curious if it moved to D1, have a great evening
Kaitlyn: I am not aware of this, however if in one more week if your vehicle doesn't move to D1 we can reach out to the factory to find out what is going on
Kaitlyn: We have to give them 21 days in stage D, then we can reach out to them
JD : i appreciate that.
JD : i will check back then
Kaitlyn: You are welcome, Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care. Please chat with us again if you need further assistance or Jeep Customer Care at 1-877-426-5337
Kaitlyn has disconnected.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Seriously every-time I see someone post in here I get excited... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! :headbang: ;)
I get excited when I see someone post about a JL in transit only to open It and find out it is a JLU. :crying:

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
My dealer says Hardtops are "on Restriction" for my Very Basic 2 dr. All I want is Hardtop, A/C, Trailer Tow. Limited Slip. Sting Gray.
This is a very poor Production start, hope the "quality" isn't as bad as this feeble beginning.
Funny, that's the exact build I'm waiting to place an order for. As far as I know, hardtops currently can't be ordered and Sting-Gray also can't be ordered (until mid-March?)

I had a chat about these two items yesterday with FCA rep, and they forwarded it to the Jeep team and said they'd reach back out to me within 3 days. Send me a message if you find you can order, and I'll do the same for you!

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I
I had an interesting chat with Jeep customer service. Unfortunately they confirmed I am NOT in D1 status but I also learned that after 21 days in D status, they can reach out to the factory and find out why the status hasn't changed:

Kaitlyn: Hi, my name is Kaitlyn with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
JD : good evening. I am trying to find out what the status of my JL is. VON is 40683742
Kaitlyn: Good Evening ! Your Jeep Wrangler is currently in stage D. Most orders start being built within 30 days after hitting this stage!
JD : ahh not D1?
Kaitlyn: Not yet! It has only been a little less than 2 weeks in this stage, which is completely normal! I know it must feel like a long time because how excited you are to get the vehicle! But everything is on track here and there are no delays
JD : i've been in D since the late December. mine is a 2 door JL and I believe they are only building 4 door models now
Kaitlyn: Your vehicle has been in stage D for 13 days, don't worry nothing is delayed on my end
JD : interesting. I have a printout from my dealer that I got, and was dated Dec 28 showing "status D -Firm scheduled serial number assigned". I don't doubt you see in your system it's been 13 days but there must have been some movement from D to C and back again
JD : but thank you for the update. I was curious if it moved to D1, have a great evening
Kaitlyn: I am not aware of this, however if in one more week if your vehicle doesn't move to D1 we can reach out to the factory to find out what is going on
Kaitlyn: We have to give them 21 days in stage D, then we can reach out to them
JD : i appreciate that.
JD : i will check back then
Kaitlyn: You are welcome, Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care. Please chat with us again if you need further assistance or Jeep Customer Care at 1-877-426-5337
Kaitlyn has disconnected.
Got kaitlyn also, she seemed ok lol

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
crossposting from another thread: i got an email from a sales guy at www.lawless.com in Woburn, MA saying they got their first 2 door JL in today and will post shortly.

it's manual. sport. granite. 2 door. 2018 JL design.

anybody else hearing or seeing this locally?

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
crossposting from another thread: i got an email from a sales guy at www.lawless.com in Woburn, MA saying they got their first 2 door JL in today and will post shortly.

it's manual. sport. granite. 2 door. 2018 JL design.

anybody else hearing or seeing this locally?
Dollars to donuts that the sales guy mistook a 2018 JK for a JL.

Sponsored

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Dollars to donuts that the sales guy mistook a 2018 JK for a JL.
Yeah I went to go test drive a JL the other day and then the dealer came and told me he has a 2 door JL in stock im like uh i doubt it. He sayd "let me go get it". Needless to say it wasnt a JL, it was a JK. Then after my test drive im like okay cool can I see a JK 2 door just to see the size on the inside. He's like no we dont have the JK yet. Im like you have the JK, its the JL you dont have. He looks all confused for a couple minutes then went to go look outside...

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Confirmed this afternoon by FCA email, Sting Gray will open for orders mid to late March and the two door hardtop is still on order restriction.

*Edit - Sorry, posted from mobile and didn't realize my screenshot of the email from Kaitlyn didn't work! I had chatted with her, and she escalated with a 3 business day turnaround. Took more like 5, but she did get back!

MM9nJag.png

Last edited:

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Confirmed this afternoon by FCA email, Sting Gray will open for orders mid to late March and the two door hardtop is still on order restriction.

I am disappoint.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread {filename}
Excellent news on the Sting Gray. Can you share any more FCA email details on this positive news to prove what you are saying will absolutely come to fruition mid to late March? There’s a lot of people, including me, frothing at the bit waiting for Sting Gray.

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Sorry about that, image didn't work. Screenshot attached now!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
That settles it. I couldn't wait on Sting-Gray anymore and ordered on Jan. 16. Mine is built and in JB status. I would cancel and go to the back of the line if it was going to be in the next few weeks but not a month. I sure hope it's not as cool as I think when it comes out now :)
Sponsored