Sponsored

I don't mind that folks ask me about my Atlas steps...

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
I have more people ask me about my Atlas door hinge steps more than any other modification I have made to my Jeep and I'm good with that...I just love talking about my Jeep and the customizations I've made no matter what they are. I know that the guy from the YouTube channel TrailRecon took them off his rig because he was tired of people asking about them and not all the other awesome mods he's made to his Jeep. I think he felt they stole the spotlight from the more expensive and more elaborate mods he's made. I love them and use them all the time and I'm always willing and Happy to talk about my Jeep mods!!! I Love my Jeep!!!

CDF53FF0-3177-4F52-A0D8-4384B019C649.jpeg
Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I have more people ask me about my Atlas door hinge steps more than any other modification I have made to my Jeep and I'm good with that...I just love talking about my Jeep and the customizations I've made no matter what they are. I know that the guy from the YouTube channel TrailRecon took them off his rig because he was tired of people asking about them and not all the other awesome mods he's made to his Jeep. I think he felt they stole the spotlight from the more expensive and more elaborate mods he's made. I love them and use them all the time and I'm always willing and Happy to talk about my Jeep mods!!! I Love my Jeep!!!

I'm not feeling the Jeep love! Kick it up a notch!! Lol

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon

Just recd 2 pairs of these hinge steps. Tried installing today but the bolts would not budge! So fustrating.

Very experienced Jeeper here w many mods under my belt. Used a T50 with a breaker bar and managed to free 2 hinge bolts. The others were literally either breaking/twisting my torx bits or just about getting ready to strip so I backed off.

Whomever assembled these at the plant tightened the bolts WAAAAY beyond 24lbs!

Has anyone tried removing the door, laying it down and attempting install this way? Wondering why the instructions dont advise it. Will try that tomorrow I guess.

Any help or input in this GREATLY appreciated!

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just recd 2 pairs of these hinge steps. Tried installing today but the bolts would not budge! So fustrating.

Very experienced Jeeper here w many mods under my belt. Used a T50 with a breaker bar and managed to free 2 hinge bolts. The others were literally either breaking/twisting my torx bits or just about getting ready to strip so I backed off.

Has anyone tried removing the door, laying it down and attempting install this way? Wondering why the instructions dont advise it. Will try that tomorrow I guess.

Remember to hammer in the bits real good to break the paint fully, put your whole back into it. And pray.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes, hammering in the bits before breaking them off is extremely important because of the paint on the bolts.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ahh I used to see those pretty often on JKs, first time I've seen them on a JL. Cool mod!

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

I needed to get longer screws to account for bracket thickness, it was that close.

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
I'm not familiar with them, what's so special? also i probably should google it, which i will now lol (sorry, a few drinks deep and enjoying myself)
Sponsored