Not open for further replies.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I had the pipe on mine and the wife doesn’t like the sound, so.....it’s for sale if anyone wants it. $50 + your shipping or local pickup.
E5055802-585E-4417-884C-881885414C66.jpeg
To loud or just the tone was an issue? What are you going to run instead?
Sponsored

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
To loud or just the tone was an issue? What are you going to run instead?
She didn’t like the loudness. Probably stock for a while until I can listen to what others are running and see if she can tolerate any of them. :facepalm:

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
She didn’t like the loudness. Probably stock for a while until I can listen to what others are running and see if she can tolerate any of them. :facepalm:
I was wondering as my son is trying to talk my wife into putting one on hers and I'm afraid she'll have the same issue and it will be a waste of efforts.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I was wondering as my son is trying to talk my wife into putting one on hers and I'm afraid she'll have the same issue and it will be a waste of efforts.
Depends what she's used to, my wife likes the extra volume :)

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Installed my Dynomax two days ago. Upon start up, loved the sound. Driving around in manual mode (I have the auto) is also fun. Overall, really like the sound, weight reduction and ground clearance. Will have it on the highway for the first time later today and hope for the same positive experience.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Installed the Dynomax muffler delete today on my 2.0T. & overall it sounds better. A bit deeper & slightly more sporty sound (but not ricer) at higher rpm. There is a bit more drone over stock at about 1800-2500 rpms. It’s not bad, but I may put a larger resonator in place of the stock one to kill all drone. Overall, I’m happy & the rear looks much better without that giant muffler.
Any chance you have or could take a video of how it sounds?? Trying to figure out if this is the right route to go with;)

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Any chance you have or could take a video of how it sounds?? Trying to figure out if this is the right route to go with;)
A video doesn’t accurately represent how it sounds. I’ve driven with it for a couple hundred miles now and absolutely love it. Sounds great. Pull your muffler off and see if you like the sound. It’s a free check and 10-15 mins of your time

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
A video doesn’t accurately represent how it sounds. I’ve driven with it for a couple hundred miles now and absolutely love it. Sounds great. Pull your muffler off and see if you like the sound. It’s a free check and 10-15 mins of your time

Brett
Did you have it in Moab? I feel like if they made one with a small resonator in it I would jump on it. Otherwise, there's always that crawler exhaust if I end up wanting to go that route. Already ripped one exhaust hanger off lol .

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have it in Moab? I feel like if they made one with a small resonator in it I would jump on it. Otherwise, there's always that crawler exhaust if I end up wanting to go that route. Already ripped one exhaust hanger off lol .
We got it when we were there and installed it when we got home. It’s awesome and I’m a big time supporter of factory exhaust. It just sounds good. We’ve had the top down since we’ve been home and I have a smile anytime I drive it. I think Chris has it too

Brett

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
We got it when we were there and installed it when we got home. It’s awesome and I’m a big time supporter of factory exhaust. It just sounds good. We’ve had the top down since we’ve been home and I have a smile anytime I drive it. I think Chris has it too

Brett
Ok great thank you for the info! I'll have to disconnect mine and try it! I'm assuming zero actual performance difference?

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've got the pipe and it does sound great. Not obnoxiously loud but different than stock. I tried taking a video with my Rode mic but it did not come out well. My wife is not a fan of 'loud' exhausts but she does not mind the muffler eliminator, although I believe she likes the stock exhaust better.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok great thank you for the info! I'll have to disconnect mine and try it! I'm assuming zero actual performance difference?
I don’t have any info on that. You’ll see how restrictive your factory one is and I can’t help but think the muffler delete would help

Brett

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The dynomax system is great on the outside, but there was a noticeable drone on the inside at 1800-2300 rpms about. I had a shop add a bullet style muffler to it & it’s perfect. No more drone, as well as there’s no more ugly giant suitcase muffler. I had the shop paint it all black & you can’t even notice it’s there. It’s bit more aggressive than stock, but not as aggressive as it was without the added muffler. It was a Vibrant muffler, but I’m not sure which style nor the dimensions. I’ll snap a few pics tomorrow.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The dynomax system is great on the outside, but there was a noticeable drone on the inside at 1800-2300 rpms about. I had a shop add a bullet style muffler to it & it’s perfect. No more drone, as well as there’s no more ugly giant suitcase muffler. I had the shop paint it all black & you can’t even notice it’s there. It’s bit more aggressive than stock, but not as aggressive as it was without the added muffler. It was a Vibrant muffler, but I’m not sure which style nor the dimensions. I’ll snap a few pics tomorrow.
Are you going to post the pics? Can you post a video?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.