Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that Justin. Good to know.
Which part of Texas are you in? I have a place in Sienna south of Houston. I'm living in Dallas right now. If you can cook decent BBQ maybe we have a bumper install party at your place soon.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Which part of Texas are you in? I have a place in Sienna south of Houston. I'm living in Dallas right now. If you can cook decent BBQ maybe we have a bumper install party at your place soon.
LOL. I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. So it would be too long a drive unless you plan to just randomly visit South padre Island anytime soon. I still haven't purchased the bumpers though. Need to do lift and tires first.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Nice. Thanks for the detail. Im going to go with GooseGear and have been looking at the LOD bumper and tire carrier. Been waiting to see what AEV prices out at and weight compared to LOD. LOD package looks like it heavy. Are you seeing any sag? Although who knows when AEV will actually deliver their bumpers. Vs LOD which is now.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. So it would be too long a drive unless you plan to just randomly visit South padre Island anytime soon. I still haven't purchased the bumpers though. Need to do lift and tires first.
I'm just lost on lifts and tires. Max 35" tires for me I think. Leaning towards a dual rate spring with adjustable shocks like a Teraflex CT 2.5-3.5 with 3.3 falcon shocks. Something like that. Being an overlander/camping rig I'm going to max out GVWR and need all of the anti-sag I can find.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Thanks for the detail. Im going to go with GooseGear and have been looking at the LOD bumper and tire carrier. Been waiting to see what AEV prices out at and weight compared to LOD. LOD package looks like it heavy. Are you seeing any sag? Although who knows when AEV will actually deliver their bumpers. Vs LOD which is now.
The bumper and tire carrier took a lot of thought for me. I really liked the Teraflex Alta Cargo rack. Close call. Wilco also offers some great options for my set up. In the end LOD just offers too much customization. They already have all of the relocation figured out for over size spare tires, jerry cans, roto pax, double roto pax, power tanks, propane tank, high lift jack (vertical or horizontal), shovel and tools attachments, cargo rack, license plate relo, the list just goes on and on. Plus I read a lot of good feedback from other Jeep owners. Once I saw the styling, the weight was transferred to the frame rails, it was a no-brainer after that. I just works for what I want to do. Did I mention how much I liked that Alta Cargo rack?

Sag - I just don't know yet. I read another post where a guy took before and after measurements and it created a half inch. That's not noticeable to my over-40 eyeballs. Another poster said that it corrected some of his forward rake. Sort of a self leveling kit. I also have to keep in mind that I removed a lot of factory equipment from the back and the Goose Gear could be a player in weight distribution. I haven't thought that all the way through. 100% rear seat delete for me. The bumper and tire carrier are heavy. It has to add at least 100lbs after the factory components are removed. I'm going to need a storage unit just for my factory take off's when it's all said and done.

LOD took right at 30 days from order to delivery. I hear it's possible to get a package discount when you order front and rear together. Just a thought.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Im not knowledgable at all on the whole lift thing so this might be a dumb question. If add I a bunch of weigh to the Jeep, can I just beef up the shocks and springs without lifting it?

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Im not knowledgable at all on the whole lift thing so this might be a dumb question. If add I a bunch of weigh to the Jeep, can I just beef up the shocks and springs without lifting it?
I'm leaning toward this as an option. I see all of the manufacturers offering "a la carte" components. I don't need as much clearance as I do weight distribution and energy absorption. Once my Gobi rack and RTT are installed my center of gravity will be all messed up.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
ah. Ive got the Maximus 3 rack now. Strongly considering the UrsaMinor top to kill a few birds with one stone. I created this spreadsheet to help me understand increases in height because Ive got some garage door restrictions.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.41.41 AM.png

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
ah. Ive got the Maximus 3 rack now. Strongly considering the UrsaMinor top to kill a few birds with one stone. I created this spreadsheet to help me understand increases in height because Ive got some garage door restrictions.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.41.41 AM.png
Ahhh man you're my hero, I'm going to review these numbers all afternoon. I am building a house and I made sure to max out the garage door opening at 8 feet. Now I'm constantly adding 6.5" for Gobi and unlimited RTT configurations.

Ursa Minor was my very first consideration. I'll save you the next ten minutes of reading as to my explanation. Let's just call it flexibility.

I like the Max3 rack, I just cant bring myself to drill through the hard top. I also don't trust the gutter rails. Just a psychological thing for me. I work in collision repair and drilling through roofs is a no-no in my world.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Ahhh man you're my hero, I'm going to review these numbers all afternoon. I am building a house and I made sure to max out the garage door opening at 8 feet. Now I'm constantly adding 6.5" for Gobi and unlimited RTT configurations.

Ursa Minor was my very first consideration. I'll save you the next ten minutes of reading as to my explanation. Let's just call it flexibility.

I like the Max3 rack, I just cant bring myself to drill through the hard top. I also don't trust the gutter rails. Just a psychological thing for me. I work in collision repair and drilling through roofs is a no-no in my world.
sent you the spreadsheet so you can calc this for your situation rather than squint on the pics

Sponsored

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Front bumper came in. I grabbed a picture of this packaging with the expanding foam. I talked a little about that in the rear bumper install. Factory bumper came off very easily. There were 8 bolts and one wiring connector. The factory skid plate is just plastic and installed with plastic clips. There is a metal "crash bar" on the lower frame mounts held on by 2 bolts. That's pretty much it for disassembly.

The new bumper assembly was wayyy easier than the rear with tire carrier. It took me less than half the time. I was able to use the factory fog lamps and factory wiring harness. LOD sent mounting brackets for the factory fog lamps to mate with the signature series bumper. The fog lamps did require some washers to make a tight fit. That was explained in the instructions. Some of the bolts were difficult to reach during installation but, hey, when aren't the?

Photos of right height photos while parked on a mostly flat surface. Love this bumper!

IMG_3089.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3095.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3097.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG
IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG
IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3109.JPG
IMG_3117.JPG
IMG_309005.JPG

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR

I think this is actually my first post ever. The Goose Gear plate system and 60/40 seat delete sleeping platforms were my first purchase. They took about 30 days to arrive. They were well packaged but included no instructions, stickers, or patches. I also did not find any Youtube videos for the JL install. It's not incredibly difficult but i did have a few questions along the way. I received answers to my questions when I contacted Goose Gear directly via email.

It didn't take that many tools to install. I did have to pull out the bad-boy pneumatic impact wrench for one of the seat belt bolts. Other than that I did it all by hand plus a cordless drill. The quality of the product is very nice. I think Goose Gear carries that reputation. Yes it was expensive. Yes you could have done that in your garage with routers. If I made my own product it would not fit as nicely and I don't care to purchase bulk hardware and specialty tools that will be stored away in my garage for the next 20 years. I especially like that I can install some of their other equipment in the future if I so choose. For right now it makes a killer sleeping floor and I have plenty of space to tuck away gear in the thru-floor compartments.

My long term plan is a roof top tent. Once my 7 month waiting period is up for my Gobi Stealth rack i'll pull the trigger on a RTT. After that I can start building the interior with a fridge and other storage options. In the meantime I am trying not to melt my credit card.

My true first "mod" was the 67 Designs rail mount. You can kind of see them in some of the pictures. Great product. Up next are bumpers! I have a LOD Destroyer rear shorty with tire carrier and the LOD signature shorty front with stinger arriving later this week. They're on a Fedex freight truck right now. I will update the thread after install. Even further down the road after bumpers I think that a Genesis dual battery set up and the SPOD Bantam with touch screen are a good idea as I add electronics like winch and lights.

I look forward to your input and advice! Let me know if you have the Goose Gear floor and how your build progressed after that. Time to plan a trip!

503AB4BF-2F30-49D7-9B01-F99DCE24C1BF.JPG
DD17D725-A37D-4CC8-93B2-8F659BBF36B2.JPG
IMG_2953.jpg
IMG_2954.jpg
IMG_2955.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg
IMG_2947.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg
Hi three- this may have been asked so sorry about the possible dupe. How long did the install take? I am ordering exactly the same thing and I am wondering if I should have the place I order from do the installation. It doesn't seem to be that complicated so I may just do it myself--depending on how much they will want to charge me to install it. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Hi three- this may have been asked so sorry about the possible dupe. How long did the install take? I am ordering exactly the same thing and I am wondering if I should have the place I order from do the installation. It doesn't seem to be that complicated so I may just do it myself--depending on how much they will want to charge me to install it. Thanks in advance.
@nbtchicago I don't use this as a daily driver so I was able to break up the install into small segments over several days. I probably spent three hours or so working on it. Some of that includes time to organize and store the factory parts that we remove. I did the 100% delete so I had an entire back seat plus trim panels to store away. I think the most difficult part are the seat bolts. They're pretty tough and might have some lock-tite on them from the factory.

I spent a lot of time doing small adjustments. Each time you need to shift one of the three pieces sometimes the other two have to be loosened and re-tightened as well. They all work in harmony.

If you pulled out your rear seats one day and then installed the Goose Gear panels the next you might just need a couple of hours with it. Like I said above, not a difficult install. Just takes some patience and lots of small adjustments.

I'm going to go back and read my post again. You will also need a drill bit for the wooden braces where the floor brackets bolt in. I emailed them about this and received a reply due to unclear instructions. The brackets should make an L shape when looking through the passenger side of the vehicle (or backwards L from drivers side). Kind of like the rear seat, the bracket will face forward and look like a little seat shape.

Let me know if you need any help with it. Just private message or something.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
@nbtchicago I don't use this as a daily driver so I was able to break up the install into small segments over several days. I probably spent three hours or so working on it. Some of that includes time to organize and store the factory parts that we remove. I did the 100% delete so I had an entire back seat plus trim panels to store away. I think the most difficult part are the seat bolts. They're pretty tough and might have some lock-tite on them from the factory.

I spent a lot of time doing small adjustments. Each time you need to shift one of the three pieces sometimes the other two have to be loosened and re-tightened as well. They all work in harmony.

If you pulled out your rear seats one day and then installed the Goose Gear panels the next you might just need a couple of hours with it. Like I said above, not a difficult install. Just takes some patience and lots of small adjustments.

I'm going to go back and read my post again. You will also need a drill bit for the wooden braces where the floor brackets bolt in. I emailed them about this and received a reply due to unclear instructions. The brackets should make an L shape when looking through the passenger side of the vehicle (or backwards L from drivers side). Kind of like the rear seat, the bracket will face forward and look like a little seat shape.

Let me know if you need any help with it. Just private message or something.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I think I will opt for installing it myself--Unless I get stopped at the seat delete level if I can't remove them... We'll see!! Thanks again!!