Husband & Wife JL Build(s)

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Here are some pictures of the @ROAM pioneer from a couple different angles. I installed the winch and Rigid lights today at the shop, but forgot my wiring harness at the house :headbang:. I still need to add some D-Rings, but I'm liking the bumper more and more everyday. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the "blocky" look, but it goes well with my Wife @TankGirl theme.

Also forgot to mention for our builds, she switched to my softop and now no longer wants to go back to the hardtop :rock:

ROAM Pioneer angle.jpg
ROAM Pioneer front.jpg
ROAM Pioneer side.jpg
Love it!

Thank you!
Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pictures of the @ROAM pioneer from a couple different angles. I installed the winch and Rigid lights today at the shop, but forgot my wiring harness at the house :headbang:. I still need to add some D-Rings, but I'm liking the bumper more and more everyday. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the "blocky" look, but it goes well with my Wife @TankGirl theme.

Also forgot to mention for our builds, she switched to my softop and now no longer wants to go back to the hardtop :rock:

ROAM Pioneer angle.jpg
ROAM Pioneer front.jpg
ROAM Pioneer side.jpg
It’s blocky but goes well with those ROAM fenders. I know she’s a Star Wars nut, but I think she has a Transformers theme going!

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl

ROAM Pioneer angle.jpg
ROAM Pioneer front.jpg
ROAM Pioneer side.jpg
Looks amazing!!

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5

ROAM Pioneer angle.jpg
ROAM Pioneer front.jpg
ROAM Pioneer side.jpg
Living in Kentucky I really like that bumper. If I was on the west coast the slimline bumper would make more sense.

rogo66

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@TTEChris

Did your wife's jeep have the factory tow package? If so, how did you deal with the reciever and trailer plug housing when installing the Roam rear bumper. From the pics I've seen I'm pretty sure the factory reciever had to go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris

Did your wife's jeep have the factory tow package? If so, how did you deal with the reciever and trailer plug housing when installing the Roam rear bumper. From the pics I've seen I'm pretty sure the factory reciever had to go.
We do not have the two package on any of our JL's. With that said all you need to do is remove the existing receiver and install the new bumper and use the integrated receiver. The bumper mounts using the existing receiver mounting points.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Been a little while, a few updates.

Wife's JL:
Installed 37x12.50" Milestar Patagonias on a set of Trail Gear Creeper locks. Gears, and possibly a front axle coming in the near future.
20190217_124355~2_resized.jpg
20190217_133723~2_resized.jpg
20190217_133734~2_resized.jpg
20190217_133802~2_resized.jpg

Installed a @BestopTeam trektop on mine, and finally installed the 5.13's and Dana diff covers I had sitting around for way too long :bandit:
Trektop JL 1.jpg
trektop windows off 2.jpg
Trektop windows off.jpg
20190220_185615~2_resized.jpg

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Wow. The wifes Sport has came a long way. How do the 3.45's feel with 37's? I have heard they work well with the 8 speed auto but hers is a manual(if I remember correctly). Thanks for updates

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. The wifes Sport has came a long way. How do the 3.45's feel with 37's? I have heard they work well with the 8 speed auto but hers is a manual(if I remember correctly). Thanks for updates
I only drove it home the night we installed them, but in speaking to her she didn't notice a drastic change from the 35's. With the 6spd offroad is where we both suffered with larger tires and stock gears. I will have to do something for her before the next time we go out as even with the 35's it was a struggle keeping momentum without slipping the clutch while crawling.

On road I could live with the bigger tires and stock gears, just found that 6th gear was useless and 5th was only useful on the hwy at 60+. I'm still breaking in mine, but I've found that I can actually use 6th and maintain speed at 50mph with the 5.13's. I'm having to relearn how/when to shift with the new gears:facepalm:.

Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I only drove it home the night we installed them, but in speaking to her she didn't notice a drastic change from the 35's. With the 6spd offroad is where we both suffered with larger tires and stock gears. I will have to do something for her before the next time we go out as even with the 35's it was a struggle keeping momentum without slipping the clutch while crawling.

On road I could live with the bigger tires and stock gears, just found that 6th gear was useless and 5th was only useful on the hwy at 60+. I'm still breaking in mine, but I've found that I can actually use 6th and maintain speed at 50mph with the 5.13's. I'm having to relearn how/when to shift with the new gears:facepalm:.
Are you going to run 4.56's or 4.88's with hers?

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
4.88's if I stick with her axles, or she will get my Rubi axles with the 5.13's already installed and I will upgrade.
I am getting rubicon renders on my sport and only using the top half, this is making me want to get 37’s since the milestar Patagonia’s are more affordable than most 35’s and do a smaller lift.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Trigger 6 shooter to control my lights/accessories.
Trigger 6 Shooter.jpg
Trigger Controller.jpg

Trigger App.jpg

Installed 6 KC Cylone's to use as Rock Lights
sm2.jpg
sm1.jpg

Installed a JK 1-5/8" clamp FOX ATS to mount over the tie rod. I was tired of worrying about the low hanging JL FOX ATS, and this was a solution until I find the time to install a hydro assist setup. Fits really well with the ROAM draglink flip
JK Fox ATS.jpg
Sponsored