Not open for further replies.

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
ROAM JL Extended Capacity Fuel Tank: 4.25 more gallons more than stock (JLU 4 door) on the main tank and another 20.75 gallons with an auxiliary tank.

- We've built the main tank to utilize all available space.

- Currently only compatible with the 3.6 pentastar and not the 2L turbo because of the ESS system. 2L turbo compatibility TBA.

- Currently only compatible with JLU's (4 door), 2 door JL compatibility TBA.

- Utilizes and retains the OEM fuel hat and bucket/pump assembly. OE Fuel float functionality is unaffected and still accurate.

- Fully seam welded 316 Stainless Steel construction with integrated 1/2" Skid Plate for additional protection against punctures and impacts.

- Every tank is pressure tested to 150 psi and absolute vacuum.

- Ethanol and multi-fuel compatible.

- Although this fuel tank meets all of the regulation standards for emissions set by the California Air Resources Board, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Environment Protection Agency, this fuel tank is not currently available for sale or installation in: California, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, and Washington, and the District of Columbia.

<Images are attached below.>

JL Fuel Cell with Aux connectors.jpg
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Awesome idea...is it an easy install? Price?

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Just curious, would the distance to empty still work correctly with a different size tank than stock?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want it for my JLU. But I'll be very interested when I get a Gladiator.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
ROAM JL Extended Capacity Fuel Tank: 4.25 more gallons more than stock (JLU 4 door) on the main tank and another 20.75 gallons with an auxiliary tank.

- Currently only compatible with the 3.6 pentastar and not the 2L turbo because of the ESS system. 2L turbo compatibility TBA.

- Utilizes and retains the OEM fuel hat and bucket/pump assembly. OE Fuel float functionality is unaffected and still accurate.

- Fully seam welded 316 Stainless Steel construction with integrated 1/2" Skid Plate for additional protection against punctures and impacts.

- Although this fuel tank meets all of the regulation standards for emissions set by the California Air Resources Board, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Environment Protection Agency, this fuel tank is not currently available for sale or installation in: California, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, and Washington, and the District of Columbia.

price?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI

i also wanna know about price. Is any function of the vehicle limited by using this? Hard to get to certain parts of the undercarriage, exhaust, ect?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Looks like another winning product from Roam.

OP
OP
ROAM

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
gosh dangit... why california... why!
Do y’all deliver to PO Boxes? Asking for a friend.
We're planning on eventually getting this CARB certified but that may take a while; there shouldn't be any reason that these won't pass because our system does not break vacuum and does not affect the evap system functionality.

price?
Awesome idea...is it an easy install? Price?
i also wanna know about price. Is any function of the vehicle limited by using this? Hard to get to certain parts of the undercarriage, exhaust, ect?
Pricing TBA, still waiting on a few certifications. Just to be upfront this is a pretty involved install: still working on the instructions but for the main tank its the same procedure as a fuel tank replacement. The aux tank install does require relocating some stuff.

Nothing is deleted or removed from the vehicle besides the stock main tank which is replaced altogether. The most complex part of the install is actually the fuel crossover and the filler tube replacement. No drilling, cutting, or welding is required for installation. Everything is completely bolt in.

Is any function of the vehicle limited by using this?
Just curious, would the distance to empty still work correctly with a different size tank than stock?
Because the fuel float still works correctly (we reuse the pump hat and bucket assembly) on our extended range JL fuel tank, the main tank fuel gauge will still report correctly. The range or distance to empty won't report correctly without reprogramming. Taser should already have access to the tables however.

I don't want it for my JLU. But I'll be very interested when I get a Gladiator.
We'll build a Gladiator version as well and we have plans to build a diesel version when they materialize.

Can the auxiliary tank be used with the stock tank? When will they be available?
No, the reason that the main tank must be paired with the aux tank is not because of the few gallons of capacity that the main fuel tank gains, but rather instead this way during installation you won't have to drill the stock tank. During the fill process, when the main tank has reached capacity the aux tank is automatically filled through the same fuel filler port and tube (with a y branch). We decided against a version that is compatible with the stock because of the increased risk associated with drilling or modifying the stock tank.

We'll have more info and pictures after EJS. Please let me know if you guys have any more questions,

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We're planning on eventually getting this CARB certified but that may take a while; there shouldn't be any reason that these won't pass because our system does not break vacuum and does not affect the evap system functionality.
Great! Thanks for the response. I’ll keep an eye out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.