Sponsored

Pics of Sport S with 285/70/17 tires on stock wheels?

Ghuzz

AF1897E8-9AD6-4509-847B-5B5D8178130B.jpeg
5A3E4927-E5FB-4E30-BDE8-803B97F98CE9.jpeg
2C830727-B220-41D6-8365-0FE825D2932B.jpeg

I had the same set up. Bone stock with rubi/wheels tires. I took it on a trail with some serious flexing. No rubbing issues. Nothing i felt or marks that were done to the vehicle. Just ask the Trex

Of course these below pics are with rubi suspension. But i tooker off road with stock suspension and no issues. And not just a simple roacky road but serious flexing
Ta da ! Put’em on today!
Sponsored

Ghuzz

looks great

You got the base sport w roll up windows correct? Also that pic looks really nice. Is that pic with the ruby suspension? Or have you not added yet?
No rubicon suspension yet, roll up windows basic sport with v6 auto. I don’t know that I’ll need the rubi suspension, but I can get a whole set for $100, I’m super happy with the wheels &tires!

5238BFD8-BA0E-4FED-AB86-C213A6713C91.jpeg

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
No rubicon suspension yet, roll up windows basic sport with v6 auto. I don’t know that I’ll need the rubi suspension, but I can get a whole set for $100, I’m super happy with the wheels &tires!

5238BFD8-BA0E-4FED-AB86-C213A6713C91.jpeg
cool. im either going to get a 2dr ruby or go the base sport w ruby wheels/suspension. i can afford either, but go back and forth between simpleand the ruby. Your jeep really looks sharp just noticed did you get 2 dr ruby rock rails as well?

Ghuzz

cool. im either going to get a 2dr ruby or go the base sport w ruby wheels/suspension. i can afford either, but go back and forth between simpleand the ruby. Your jeep really looks sharp just noticed did you get 2 dr ruby rock rails as well?
Thanks! Yes rubicon rock rails, spider web bikini top, my Jeep is at least 14k cheaper than a rubicon. But I do love the way they look. But the ride is the same. I plan on taking the doors off so why have power windows and mirrors? Either way I like the 2 door better than the 4.

Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Thanks! Yes rubicon rock rails, spider web bikini top, my Jeep is at least 14k cheaper than a rubicon. But I do love the way they look. But the ride is the same. I plan on taking the doors off so why have power windows and mirrors? Either way I like the 2 door better than the 4.
I see you have the 4runner in the background- i have a nice 3rd generation which I want to keep until the redesigned 4runner comes out. So thats why I was thinking base JL and then a new 4runner as my 4dr vehicle. I guess we both have great taste in vehicles!

Ghuzz

I see you have the 4runner in the background- i have a nice 3rd generation which I want to keep until the redesigned 4runner comes out. So thats why I was thinking base JL and then a new 4runner as my 4dr vehicle. I guess we both have great taste in vehicles!
Yes lol! It’s my wife’s 4Runner, it’s never be off road and never will. It would do extremely well off road. I take my Jeep off road. I have a Camry for my daily driver.

8B70D6D7-3365-4756-B0B9-DE698E60430D.jpeg

Ghuzz

Love the look. I have the same wheels, but they tuck much nicer on yours. Bet it drives great.

:like::rock:
Thanks! It does drive great, but so did the stock tires, I admit it ... it’s all about the looks! Your Jeep looks great too! You have the 295/70’s? That’s what I’ll buy and put on these rims if I do the monarch lift. I’m not sure I’m going to do that, but I’m thinking about it anyway.

Ghuzz

5A3E4927-E5FB-4E30-BDE8-803B97F98CE9.jpeg
2C830727-B220-41D6-8365-0FE825D2932B.jpeg

I had the same set up. Bone stock with rubi/wheels tires. I took it on a trail with some serious flexing. No rubbing issues. Nothing i felt or marks that were done to the vehicle. Just ask the Trex

Of course these below pics are with rubi suspension. But i tooker off road with stock suspension and no issues. And not just a simple roacky road but serious flexing
Quadratec sells a backup camera housing that will fit the aluminum wheels FYI

Sponsored

ArthurMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What has everyone's experience been with the TPMS when you switched to Rubicon take offs? Any issues? Switched my wheels out this weekend and the TPMS has been wonky since.

PhotoGrid_1553007372236.jpg

motor12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
retired
When you put the rubi wheels and 285/70/17 kos on the stock tire carrier were you able to use the rubber tire bumpers or did they need to be modified. Would not want to go with out tire support on rear gate. Thanks.

ArthurMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
When you put the rubi wheels and 285/70/17 kos on the stock tire carrier were you able to use the rubber tire bumpers or did they need to be modified. Would not want to go with out tire support on rear gate. Thanks.
Just a straight swap. Nothing added or modded. Others have had no issues with Rubi wheels/tires on the stock Sport spare carrier, and I don't do any off roading. Is the Rubi's tailgate beefier?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just a straight swap. Nothing added or modded. Others have had no issues with Rubi wheels/tires on the stock Sport spare carrier, and I don't do any off roading. Is the Rubi's tailgate beefier?
Same tailgate. No worries.
Sponsored