Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Ipso facto! Exactly! I wasn’t expecting more because of military service, they made a distinction between two discounts so I contacted them to see what the difference was. I’m not well versed in discount codes, I just saw a different discount that I was eligible for with no way to USE IT!!! I became irritated with the aloof salesman who kept dragging it out despite my best efforts to give them MY MONEY, lol! It had absolutely, positively nothing, to do with entitlement, and everything to do with absolutely horrid customer service, and unclear information. Was I salty it was the same after two weeks of back and forth with all the delays, absolutely, because I wasted all that time when I could of already ordered it for the same price over a week ago! Your bias towards the company is apparent, rather than trusting that I had good intentions, you immediately jump to the conclusion that I am just mad I didn’t get more of a discount, instead of weighing all the evidence and giving me the benefit of the doubt, that I’m not out to slander a company unless they wronged me in an actual way. Moreover, If you read the emails I guarantee you would agree. Let me add, he wouldn’t tell me how much off he had to QUOTE ME, and that QUOTE took going on TWO WEEKS! To make matters worse that quote turned out to be nothing because of the mark-up on their site, hahaha.

Thank, you for the recommendation I really appreciate it!
Evan,

My name is Trent Kirby. I am the Chief Operating Officer at Baja Designs and will be transitioning to the CEO in April. I would like to personally apologize for your experience. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service however the amount of growth we have encountered in such a short time frame has meant certain core values such as replying to enthusiasts within one business day has fallen short. I can assure you, that I will personally audit our entire customer service process, while working with our team, determining how to remedy these pain points quickly. Exceptional customer service, quality, performance and component knowledge are why we are known as The Scientists of Lighting and consumers like yourself are why we continue to grow.

You are right, a discount is a discount and classifying discounts differently gives the perception we have two different discount levels. Secondly, I feel your pain point with purchasing items. Having to try so hard for a business to "take your money" should never happen. I have experienced this multiple times throughout the mountain bike, surf and powersport industries and it is beyond frustrating.

If there is anything I can do to make this right please feel free to contact me directly.

Trent Kirby
Chief Operating Officer
Baja Designs
760-560-2252 x108
[email protected]

10thMTNDM

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sport
Evan,

My name is Trent Kirby. I am the Chief Operating Officer at Baja Designs and will be transitioning to the CEO in April. I would like to personally apologize for your experience. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service however the amount of growth we have encountered in such a short time frame has meant certain core values such as replying to enthusiasts within one business day has fallen short. I can assure you, that I will personally audit our entire customer service process, while working with our team, determining how to remedy these pain points quickly. Exceptional customer service, quality, performance and component knowledge are why we are known as The Scientists of Lighting and consumers like yourself are why we continue to grow.

You are right, a discount is a discount and classifying discounts differently gives the perception we have two different discount levels. Secondly, I feel your pain point with purchasing items. Having to try so hard for a business to "take your money" should never happen. I have experienced this multiple times throughout the mountain bike, surf and powersport industries and it is beyond frustrating.

If there is anything I can do to make this right please feel free to contact me directly.

Trent Kirby
Chief Operating Officer
Baja Designs
760-560-2252 x108
[email protected]

Thank you for reaching out! I am now going to order a pair, as your post has instilled confidence I am dealing with a company who cares enough to listen to concerns and address them; that means a great deal to me. Thanks again for the reply!

Update: You have earned a customer, I just placed an order, after I read your post.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Thank you for reaching out! I am now going to order a pair, as your post has instilled confidence I am dealing with a company who cares enough to listen to concerns and address them; that means a great deal to me. Thanks again for the reply!

Update: You have earned a customer, I just placed an order, after I read your post.
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to make this right! I look forward to hearing what you think of the lights.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
And here the final installation video. I install a pair of Squadron Pro Spot Lights on my home made bracket, finish buttoning up the wiring, and show how much brighter they are than even my LED headlights and fog lights. Wow these lights are impressive! If anyone has any installation or other questions please let me know.

American Jeeper I've been getting a lot of great info from your posts and video's and I'm currently waiting on a pair of Squadron Pro wide cornering LED's for my A-pillars.

At this point I'm looking into adding an amber light to my factory JLUR steel front bumper for some extra lighting and to help in snowy conditions. For this I've been leaning towards the baja designs OnX6+ 10" LED light bar. Do you or anyone else have any experience with that light bar? Any advantage or disadvantage using the 10" bar over 2 squadron sports or Pros?

Any info would be appreciated.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
American Jeeper I've been getting a lot of great info from your posts and video's and I'm currently waiting on a pair of Squadron Pro wide cornering LED's for my A-pillars.

At this point I'm looking into adding an amber light to my factory JLUR steel front bumper for some extra lighting and to help in snowy conditions. For this I've been leaning towards the baja designs OnX6+ 10" LED light bar. Do you or anyone else have any experience with that light bar? Any advantage or disadvantage using the 10" bar over 2 squadron sports or Pros?

Any info would be appreciated.
I don’t have experience with it but I feel like that will be crazy bright. I like the looks of the square or round lights too, but that’s just personal preference.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I don’t have experience with it but I feel like that will be crazy bright. I like the looks of the square or round lights too, but that’s just personal preference.
One of the reasons I was considering the 10" LED bar was that costs about the same as a par of Squadron Pro's. I don't have experience with these lights. In your opinion would you go with sports or pro's? I don't want the light to be crazy bright.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons I was considering the 10" LED bar was that costs about the same as a par of Squadron Pro's. I don't have experience with these lights. In your opinion would you go with sports or pro's? I don't want the light to be crazy bright.
I would wait until you get the other set of Pro’s and if you are happy with that brightness, those are the ticket.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to have to buy my amber lenses after the fact. :(
Sponsored