Sponsored

How much cheaper should leftover 18 JL models on the dealer lot be worth now?

mammoth713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c5z
There are some 2018 JL's on some lots that are discounted.. But at this point they are a model year old, coming up on 2 model years once 2020 ordering starts in July...

How much of a discount is fair on these leftover 2018 JL's on the lots?
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Realistically....Probably the same discount you could get on a 19 plus maybe an extra $1000 off. At least around me, I don't see any dealer giving huge crazy discounts like you might see on a pickup (10k, 15k, or even sometimes 20k off) Unless you're talking about a JK, I've seen some pretty decent deals on 2018 JKs since it's the previous generation.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I picked up a late year build (10/18) JLUR exactly as I would have ordered it off the lot at about 12% off MSRP of 55K a few weeks ago. They wouldn’t come down nearly as much on 19’s and didn’t have what I wanted. The fact that it was the only color and options I would have accepted really swayed the decision. No brainer in my mind as it is the same vehicle and saved thousands. New is new. This is here on Long Island your area could be different.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mammoth713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c5z
I picked up a late year build (10/18) JLUR exactly as I would have ordered it off the lot at about 12% off MSRP of 55K a few weeks ago. They wouldn’t come down nearly as much on 19’s and didn’t have what I wanted. The fact that it was the only color and options I would have accepted really swayed the decision. No brainer in my mind as it is the same vehicle and saved thousands. New is new. This is here on Long Island your area could be different.
The one of them I'm looking at is 20% off MSRP

do you think that's a good enough deal given the car is almost 2 model years old?

Really I want a sport S 2door w/ painted fender flares but that's not possible right now without ordering a rubicon...

Do you think in the next year or 2 it will be possible to order a sport with painted fenders? Was it ever possible on JK? I know on JK you could get 2dr Sahara with painted fenders

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon

do you think that's a good enough deal given the car is almost 2 model years old?

Really I want a sport S 2door w/ painted fender flares but that's not possible right now without ordering a rubicon...

Do you think in the next year or 2 it will be possible to order a sport with painted fenders? Was it ever possible on JK? I know on JK you could get 2dr Sahara with painted fenders
I'd get a 2019, and ordered - not off the lot. Depending on location, it could range from at least 1%-8% under invoice.
When vehicles sit on a lot, they incur finance charges for the carrying cost of inventory. Sometimes the factory offers the dealer some incentive to move stuff quickly, but the best situation is for the vehicle to go from factory to sitting at the dealer for 1 day, then to you.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I got a pretty good discount, my jeep isn’t really desirable though.

2018 JL sport 2dr manual, only options is AC and upgraded rear axle.
Still has manual locks and windows.

Msrp was 38000$ canadian

Got it for $32700

5300 off, not too bad. Still expensive

I paid 24500US for my jeep

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Inn Sept. months before 2019's were even out my in stock Sahara was 14.5% off MSRP, However discounts are dealer specific. 20% is s smokin deal, and will combat depreciation. 15%-20% is like buying a new car with out the 1st year depreciation as you also have to note that the base price and option price goes UP every year also so that 20% off MSRP is like 22%-24% compared to a 2019 with the same options

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35

I’d take the 20% too. Side note Sahara has painted fenders only. Rubi is an option. Aftermarket options too. I don’t think JK sports ever had painted fenders avail unless it was a special edition.

OP
OP

mammoth713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c5z
Inn Sept. months before 2019's were even out my in stock Sahara was 14.5% off MSRP, However discounts are dealer specific. 20% is s smokin deal, and will combat depreciation. 15%-20% is like buying a new car with out the 1st year depreciation as you also have to note that the base price and option price goes UP every year also so that 20% off MSRP is like 22%-24% compared to a 2019 with the same options
After reading all these problems with the 2018 tho, makes me not sure if I should pull the trigger or let them be sorted out.

For example the steering issue seems pretty widespread and a safety hazard. The other misc bs I could put up with but I think it's crazy FCA let the JL out the door with that much steering play etc

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
After reading all these problems with the 2018 tho, makes me not sure if I should pull the trigger or let them be sorted out.

For example the steering issue seems pretty widespread and a safety hazard. The other misc bs I could put up with but I think it's crazy FCA let the JL out the door with that much steering play etc
If you aren't comfortable at this point with everything that you have read (including the good stuff), then get something else.

Sponsored

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I just bought Brand New

2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Ocean Blue
MSRP 34,440
Out The Door $28,940

I have to pay taxes--and ship to S. Florida

To put in perspective--a few same vehicles in Florida I couldnt get for less than 34K out the door (includes taxes)

I bought his JL in Louisiana

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
Bought a 2018 MOAB last week. Built in September. $54k msrp. Got for $48k even. Now I’m wondering if I could have gotten even more off.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
VERY locality dependent. Lot of dealers around you should get good pricing as they are competing with one another.

Mine is perfectly fine.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Bought a 2018 MOAB last week. Built in September. $54k msrp. Got for $48k even. Now I’m wondering if I could have gotten even more off.
I know the feeling, I ordered my 19 JLUR for 6.12% below invoice. The day after I ordered another dealer called back and said they would match the deal and take another $300 off. I declined their offer because the salesman I ordered from gave me his best price on the first offer, where as the other dealer only came out swinging after I told him I had a lower quote and had already ordered. I thought maybe I ordered to soon and could have maybe got a lower price but realized 6% below invoice is pretty standard deal here on the forum.

But then I'm remembered I have a new JLUR being built just for me so I wasn't going to sweat $300.

Bcktx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a Black 2018 Rubicon 2.0L hard top, everything but the smokers package and block heater. 41.5k +TTL in the Houston area. This one had been on the lot for several months. Only had 4 miles so nobody was even test driving. Sticker price was $55,375

They did not want to deal on the 2019s at all. The moment I showed Interest they knocked 7k off the price and kept going down.

I wasnt in the market for the 2.0 but I really like it now that I have been driving
Sponsored