unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a month, OP. Did your issues get sorted?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BaylorJL

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL
I got my vehicle back about two weeks ago, after five weeks in the shop and getting a complete engine replacement. I held off on posting because a) I wanted the dust to settle a little bit, and b) I wanted to see if everything was fixed and no new problems were introduced. The overheating issue, or more accurately the sudden rise in engine coolant temperature to a level that caused the warning light to come on, is resolved. The technician who worked on the vehicle actually thinks there was a defective or damagaged coolant line that runs next to the firewall that was the real cause, and that engine replacement was probably not necessary. I'm not sure exactly what part it was because I was getting the info second hand via the service writer.

Now that some time has passed I would say that I still love the vehicle and the 2.0L e-torque engine is impressive. I'm still happy with my dealer (Umanksy) even though there were times I thought they could have shown a little more urgency toward getting my issue resolved. The most disappointing aspect of this issue was the Jeep Cares department at FCA. The people I spoke to were surly, and even got rude when I honestly asked for advice about whether or not I should pursue lemon law replacement. Twice I asked that my case be escalated to a manager and neither time did that happen, as far as I know. I never got calls from Jeep Cares to update me over the five weeks, and most often the dealer had to say "we're waiting on Jeep to tell us what to do." Overall it was unnecessarily frustrating. Jeep/FCA has a very strange attitude about customer service, expecially when a new vehicle ships with a pretty major defect.

Harborhog

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I got my vehicle back about two weeks ago, after five weeks in the shop and getting a complete engine replacement. I held off on posting because a) I wanted the dust to settle a little bit, and b) I wanted to see if everything was fixed and no new problems were introduced. The overheating issue, or more accurately the sudden rise in engine coolant temperature to a level that caused the warning light to come on, is resolved. The technician who worked on the vehicle actually thinks there was a defective or damagaged coolant line that runs next to the firewall that was the real cause, and that engine replacement was probably not necessary. I'm not sure exactly what part it was because I was getting the info second hand via the service writer.

Now that some time has passed I would say that I still love the vehicle and the 2.0L e-torque engine is impressive. I'm still happy with my dealer (Umanksy) even though there were times I thought they could have shown a little more urgency toward getting my issue resolved. The most disappointing aspect of this issue was the Jeep Cares department at FCA. The people I spoke to were surly, and even got rude when I honestly asked for advice about whether or not I should pursue lemon law replacement. Twice I asked that my case be escalated to a manager and neither time did that happen, as far as I know. I never got calls from Jeep Cares to update me over the five weeks, and most often the dealer had to say "we're waiting on Jeep to tell us what to do." Overall it was unnecessarily frustrating. Jeep/FCA has a very strange attitude about customer service, expecially when a new vehicle ships with a pretty major defect.
I’m going through the coolant line problem right now. They know the issue but the wait for the part is not short. I feel violated.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I’m going through the coolant line problem right now. They know the issue but the wait for the part is not short. I feel violated.
What's wrong with the coolant line? Which line? When was your JL made?

Jeepsteca

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
This is my first reply/post. I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon with 13K miles. I experienced this on my way back from Zion, Utah to Los Angeles. Midpoint, stopped by In and Out to eat and noticed my fan blasting like crazy. I looked at my gauge and sure enough it was reading hot in red. It really was lucky i stopped because you don't really think this would happen on a fairly new Jeep. Long story short, I got it towed to the nearest Jeep dealer. They figured it out! It was the water pump inlet tube not torqued per spec. Apparently it was loose, not because of off-roading, it was just a flaw with some Jeeps. I searched the internet and found these complaints about it here:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Jeep/Wrangler/2019/tsbs/#ENGINE-AND-ENGINE-COOLING

It was a pretty crappy experience, but I was happy the dealership figured it out in decent time. And I only had to stay one night at, get this, Las Vegas. Of all the places to break down :)

Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to hijack a thread , but that's good info ^^^, thnaks

Jeepsteca

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Good information, I checked that inlet on my 2.0T. Clean and dry ; I have had to add antifreeze, so its going somewhere
I haven’t checked this out for myself yet but I’ve read that 2.0 cooling lines loops In 3 areas: typical engine area, battery and under the Jeep body towards the rear. Again I haven’t confirmed this. If this is true, there are a lot of points of leakage.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The cooling lines towards the rear are for the E torque 48v battery cooling /heating ; that system has 2 separate reservoirs, separate from the engine cooling system, which has the black expansion tank

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am around 15K and no sign of leaks but will ask the dealer to check out the TSB the next oil change. Thanks for the link to the TSB.
Sponsored