Sponsored

C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list)

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Well, that is officially ridiculous.
How is it ridiculous? Do you ever know what factory half doors for the JK cost? Just the metal carcasses for front & rear is $3k, and you'd still need to get door panels, exterior handles, weather seals, uppers, hinges, etc.. $3k and all you have to do is get them paint matched is a relative bargain.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
How is it ridiculous? Do you ever know what factory half doors for the JK cost? Just the metal carcasses for front & rear is $3k, and you'd still need to get door panels, exterior handles, weather seals, uppers, hinges, etc.. $3k and all you have to do is get them paint matched is a relative bargain.
I'm not sure I totally understand your comment. I was talking about the fabric doors. Why are you talking the factory half doors? You might be confusing me with the other guy I was talking to. At any rate, talking about the fabric doors only, if 3k seems agreeable to you, more power to ya, man. To me it's ridiculous. For essentially an aluminum tubular door (roughly 200 per door from other companies) wrapped in their twill fabric, anything around 3k is insane. To me, that says you're mostly paying for the fabric. And you're paying for the brand name, of course. 1k? 1.5k for four door? Yea, I can see that. But anything more, nope.

I'll buy tube doors for 700-800 and wrap them with fabric if I really feel the need. Save at least a boatload.

It's also timing. You can get a set of JK fabric doors for under 500 bucks these days. If you buy these at the start, well, like most stuff, you're gonna pay lots more.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Shouldn't really allow one item to be overpriced (imo) because another item is.

Jeep half doors were stupid expensive, but good quality.
Bestop cloth doors were about 300-400 when I bought them but I ended up returning them because the bottoms didn't even touch my Jeep to make any kind of seal.

CORE doors look interesting but I'm SUPER picky about color and the fact they don't match the tops would drive me insane. I do like that it follows the line of the Jeep though, most tube doors don't. Might grow on me if I see them in person I suppose, I really like the idea of popping off the plates but looks a bit odd on the 4 door. Luckily I have a 2 door so I would like to see that before I make a decision.

That being said I stashed about 2k hoping like a mad man Jeep does come out with half doors.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I'm not sure I totally understand your comment. I was talking about the fabric doors. Why are you talking the factory half doors? You might be confusing me with the other guy I was talking to. At any rate, talking about the fabric doors only, if 3k seems agreeable to you, more power to ya, man. To me it's ridiculous. For essentially an aluminum tubular door (roughly 200 per door from other companies) wrapped in their twill fabric, anything around 3k is insane. To me, that says you're mostly paying for the fabric. And you're paying for the brand name, of course. 1k? 1.5k for four door? Yea, I can see that. But anything more, nope.

I'll buy tube doors for 700-800 and wrap them with fabric if I really feel the need. Save at least a boatload.

It's also timing. You can get a set of JK fabric doors for under 500 bucks these days. If you buy these at the start, well, like most stuff, you're gonna pay lots more.

I'm guessing that is the case because since it appears your complaint was about $2000 half doors and $1000 uppers.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Hey there,

No change in the update - we are looking at next year for those. :)

CassieAtBestop
Ah bummer...so what is the hold up (I assume the uppers)? Maybe this could be some insider information on when factory half doors will be available since the uppers will likely be the same?

Just speculation...;-)

I would have bought half doors from the factory on my JL. I am thinking of getting a JT Gladiator next year with half doors and a diesel if they are both actually available (I know...). Even if factory half doors are available I would still buy these lowers.

Oh. Any chance the red door handles could be available in different colors?

Cheers!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
With the JL being an entirely new model, there is SOOOO much to account for. We (Jeep, us, other aftermarket folks) had 10 years with the JK which made making products a bit easier, not so much with the JL. That is my personal opinion, as i am not an engineer :)

I will pass along different color handles, but i think the red it here to stay. It honestly isn't that noticeable once you are in it.

CassieAtBestop

Ah bummer...so what is the hold up (I assume the uppers)? Maybe this could be some insider information on when factory half doors will be available since the uppers will likely be the same?

Just speculation...;-)

I would have bought half doors from the factory on my JL. I am thinking of getting a JT Gladiator next year with half doors and a diesel if they are both actually available (I know...). Even if factory half doors are available I would still buy these lowers.

Oh. Any chance the red door handles could be available in different colors?

Cheers!

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Please come out with the JL core doors by May 2020, and at the same price point as for JK or less, or I'll buy something else. I need these for off-roading and can only wait so long (but have a while - winter starts this weekend).

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Here's some love for the JL (especially those with friends who own JLs but don't like to wrench...)

We introduced a home installation program a couple of months ago. Now through the end of December we're offering free home installation ($0.00 cost professionally installed at your home) on a number of JL products (JKs too). The tops for the JL are:

Sunrider for Hardtop - includes a 30 day test drive. Get it installed for free, try it out and if you don't like it, we'll pay to uninstall it and refund your purchase.

Trektop - the slant back style for the JL

Check out the offers by clicking here

bstp_install_homepg_800.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Sunrider for Hardtop - includes a 30 day test drive. Get it installed for free, try it out and if you don't like it, we'll pay to uninstall it and refund your purchase.
Safe bet there.

The Sunrider is just that good.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Here's some love for the JL (especially those with friends who own JLs but don't like to wrench...)

We introduced a home installation program a couple of months ago. Now through the end of December we're offering free home installation ($0.00 cost professionally installed at your home) on a number of JL products (JKs too).

bstp_install_homepg_800.jpg
I wish you had that earlier! 4 hours, one helper, and one lost nut was painful on my soft top in May 2019 (pic is in my profile). Still need those JL core doors!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Agreed. I'm skipping the soft doors and waiting for the core doors at this point. My daughter is still in a car seat, so I want the added protection of a real lower door.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Agreed. I'm skipping the soft doors and waiting for the core doors at this point. My daughter is still in a car seat, so I want the added protection of a real lower door.
In the event you've missed it elsewhere...we shared a couple of weeks ago that we don't have a timeframe for production of Core Doors or the retractable sunshade for the JL. Unless something changes they won't be offered during 2020.

We know this is disappointing but we want to be more transparent regarding if/when products that we prototype or already have for the JK will come for the JL.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored