OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Last minute reminder ......

For those that will be updating their Tazer JL, .. DO remember, you need to unmarry the Tazer JL before doing a firmware update on the Tazer JL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since new firmware is hitting, remember to.....

always.jpg

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Link isn’t active yet, for me anyways. But I do see the new firmware listed.

Working now, installed, all seems well!

Version 11.0.8

UNMARRY first!
@Mark Elliott

YES, Tazer JL, final version 11.0.8 was made available by Joe, today. Thanks, @joe@zauto

I've had 11.0.8 on my installed Tazer JL Mini, since about 1pm EST today 3/6/19..

Anyway, I'm not sure if the link at ZAutomotive's website for 11.0.8, is working correctly right now.... but to get 11.0.8 just use the ZPU software and have it find, download and install 11.0.8. ZPU has no problem finding the update.

Remember, it is important to unmarry your Tazer JL before you update/change firmware.

MUST READ - IMPORTANT:
Full Reboot: If selected, will reset vehicle modules and the radio twice. This takes 2.5 minutes to complete, and should be performed after any Vehicle Settings are changed – the radio will reboot twice in this time, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Once complete, turn the ignition off, then start the vehicle. It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn procedure. Then two sleep cycles: Shut off the vehicle, open and close the driver door and wait for a minute to be sure the dash turns off. Then start it, wait for the radio to boot up, then shut it off and open/close door and wait again.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wish the bug that causes XM radio to skip songs when the UConnect screen displays the camera and then switches back to the radio (when using the turn signals) could be resolved. That's pretty annoying, especially when you're in the middle of a good song.

Sponsored

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to make specific lights DRL at all times. Meaning turn signals with fogs. Ot seems to be either or.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
@Mark Elliott

YES, Tazer JL, final version 11.0.8 was made available by Joe, today. Thanks, @joe@zauto

I've had 11.0.8 on my installed Tazer JL Mini, since about 1pm EST today 3/6/19..

Anyway, I'm not sure if the link at ZAutomotive's website for 11.0.8, is working correctly right now.... but to get 11.0.8 just use the ZPU software and have it find, download and install 11.0.8. ZPU has no problem finding the update.

Remember, it is important to unmarry your Tazer JL before you update/change firmware.

MUST READ - IMPORTANT:
Full Reboot: If selected, will reset vehicle modules and the radio twice. This takes 2.5 minutes to complete, and should be performed after any Vehicle Settings are changed – the radio will reboot twice in this time, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Once complete, turn the ignition off, then start the vehicle. It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn procedure. Then two sleep cycles: Shut off the vehicle, open and close the driver door and wait for a minute to be sure the dash turns off. Then start it, wait for the radio to boot up, then shut it off and open/close door and wait again.

full reboot proceedure written in a way that is easier to follow:
----------------------------------------------------
Full Reboot Proceedure:

1. in the EVIC Other menu, with ignition set to RUN but engine off, select the full reboot option. the radio will reboot twice in the 2.5 minutes, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Wait for all this to finish.

2 .turn the ignition off (note that the Jeep was in run position but engine not running when you selected full reboot option)

3. start the vehicle, wait for radio to reboot

4. turn the ignition off again,

5. open and close the driver door and wait until the dash display turns off (sleeping)

6. start the vehicle a second time, wait for the radio to boot up again

7. again shut off the vehicle

8. open and close the driver door and wait until the dash display turns off (sleeping)

note for step 2: It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn procedure.
--------------------------------
Interestingly, the new youtube video by wayoflife using the Tazer, he doesn't even do the full reboot.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
full reboot proceedure written in a way that is easier to follow:
----------------------------------------------------
Full Reboot Proceedure:

1. in the EVIC Other menu, with ignition set to RUN but engine off, select the full reboot option. the radio will reboot twice in the 2.5 minutes, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Wait for all this to finish.

2 .turn the ignition off (note that the Jeep was in run position but engine not running when you selected full reboot option)

3. start the vehicle, wait for radio to reboot

4. turn the ignition off again,

5. open and close the driver door and wait until the dash display turns off (sleeping)

6. start the vehicle a second time, wait for the radio to boot up again

7. again shut off the vehicle

8. open and close the driver door and wait until the dash display turns off (sleeping)

note for step 2: It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn procedure.
--------------------------------
Interestingly, the new youtube video by wayoflife using the Tazer, he doesn't even do the full reboot.
Thanks for posting this. I followed it to the letter but have still been worried about parasitic draw. Haven’t had time to measure it, so I removed the Tazer until I can confirm. The latest release is excellent and Joe has done a great job with updates and fixes. I have to take mine in for some radio work, so I’m, unfortunately, going to have to unmarry and start over. Great product.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Thanks for posting this. I followed it to the letter but have still been worried about parasitic draw. Haven’t had time to measure it, so I removed the Tazer until I can confirm. The latest release is excellent and Joe has done a great job with updates and fixes. I have to take mine in for some radio work, so I’m, unfortunately, going to have to unmarry and start over. Great product.
for those of us who added a front camera, and take it in for service, do you think they will question the warranty coverage for the radio when they find aftermarket camera wires connected to the radio. I guess I could just remove the camera itself leaving the wire and tell them I put the wire in pending their release of a mopar gladiator like front cam for the JL.

Last edited:

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
My ESS will not work, display always says battery charging. Even after hours of driving. System always bugs out as well, back up cam turns on with turn cam off. Screen just randomly switches from radio to xm, or navi to radio. Going to remove the tazer and see if that helps. I have no live functions engaged. This thing is a starting to be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Just need something very basic to change tire size, then i can sell this damn thing.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My ESS will not work, display always says battery charging. Even after hours of driving. System always bugs out as well, back up cam turns on with turn cam off. Screen just randomly switches from radio to xm, or navi to radio. Going to remove the tazer and see if that helps. I have no live functions engaged. This thing is a starting to be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Just need something very basic to change tire size, then i can sell this damn thing.
mine is doing the same thing my radio cuts off everything is rebooting i'm wondering if I should have not bought this

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
mine is doing the same thing my radio cuts off everything is rebooting i'm wondering if I should have not bought this
My Uconnect actually behaves better with the Tazer. The volume gets low and the screen occasionally locks up. It does it less often with the Tazer and I can reboot MUCH easier with the Tazer, too, which fixes it every time.

I'm suspecting much of the Uconnect glitching has more to do with Android Auto and the connection to my phone than to the Tazer or Uconnect by itself. I've never had it act funny without the phone connected and Android Auto on.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My Uconnect actually behaves better with the Tazer. The volume gets low and the screen occasionally locks up. It does it less often with the Tazer and I can reboot MUCH easier with the Tazer, too, which fixes it every time.

I'm suspecting much of the Uconnect glitching has more to do with Android Auto and the connection to my phone than to the Tazer or Uconnect by itself. I've never had it act funny without the phone connected and Android Auto on.
It's starting to make me wonder if it's going to mess up something in my Jeep with the radio just shut off all of a sudden like that it does it all the time a radio just cut off and reboot when I didn't have the tazerI didn't ever had that happen it's definitely got something to do with it i'm afraid I might mess something up and then the dealer would tell me my computers were messed up because of it all I wanted to do was cut the auto start-stop off and set my TPMS 225 the threshold so I can run 28 PSI but I don't know if it's worth those two things to take a chance on messing something up with the computers in my JlL

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My tazer works awesome, what version are you all with issues running?
i'm not in my Jeep right now but it's all up to date we did a check on it and everything is all current they just told me sometimes it will reboot itself like that but it's doing it a lot.
Sponsored