Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Came across a pic of someone’s Jeep with this bumper that I really like. No idea which one this is —- does anyone have any idea? Thought I’d ask here before I start spending hours browsing every website imaginable. :like:Thanks

B1B4FB5E-BFE1-4416-8ADD-61D3C3780E16.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Came across a pic of someone’s Jeep with this grill that I really like. No idea which one this is —- does anyone have any idea? Thought I’d ask here before I start spending hours browsing every website imaginable. :like:Thanks

To me, looks like an angry bird and I believe those are only available on the JK right now. Could be wrong!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Came across a pic of someone’s Jeep with this grill that I really like. No idea which one this is —- does anyone have any idea? Thought I’d ask here before I start spending hours browsing every website imaginable. :like:Thanks

Brace yourselves.. shit storm is coming..

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To me, looks like an angry bird and I believe those are only available on the JK right now. Could be wrong!
Thanks. I just realized I put grill but I meant bumper. :facepalm: What I get for typing at 2am.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That it does. Thanks so much!! Now to see if it’ll fit a JL
They make one for the JL, albeit slightly different to accommodate fog lights..
https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-src-gen2-front-bumper-2018-jl-1.html

Now If you are into the tubular design, redrock makes a very similar design..
https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock-4x4-rock-crawler-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redr...width-front-bumper-w-winch-mount-2018-jl.html

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Came across a pic of someone’s Jeep with this bumper that I really like. No idea which one this is —- does anyone have any idea? Thought I’d ask here before I start spending hours browsing every website imaginable. :like:Thanks

Hi,
I’ll pass on some information that was given to me here on the forum when I was shopping bumpers. Careful with the cheaper ones, there’s a reason why some are 300.00 and some are 800.00 even though they look similar. Quality of welds, thickness of steel, the finish, and the thing that narrowed my decision, made in the USA. That’s why I went with LoD. Also keep in mind if you’re going to get a winch, do you want it sitting on the bumper or fit down inside. If you want to keep your factory fogs, make sure the bumper you choose allows you to. Happy hunting :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
:like:
Hi,
I’ll pass on some information that was given to me here on the forum when I was shopping bumpers. Careful with the cheaper ones, there’s a reason why some are 300.00 and some are 800.00 even though they look similar. Quality of welds, thickness of steel, the finish, and the thing that narrowed my decision, made in the USA. That’s why I went with LoD. Also keep in mind if you’re going to get a winch, do you want it sitting on the bumper or fit down inside. If you want to keep your factory fogs, make sure the bumper you choose allows you to. Happy hunting :)
Thanks and you are exactly right. You pay for what you get. I’ll definitely keep that in mind as I shop. Good points to remember.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Is that the Chinese version of a wrangler... I think it is called the Fondler.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hi,
:like:
Thanks and you are exactly right. You pay for what you get. I’ll definitely keep that in mind as I shop. Good points to remember.
I will disagree with this. Everyone pushes American made jeep parts/bumpers as they are better. The main point seems to be the coating.

I see people bash on Smittybilt often as well.

I've bought many Smittybilt products and they by far have the most robust and durable powder coating.

Currently I have Smittybilt side armor and a Barricade front bumper. Both Chinese made I presume. They have made it through the Chicago winter without a speck of rust.

I have an American made rear bumper and tire carrier. It is littered with rust spots already.

All were put on the same day and went through the same winter.

I've had many wranglers and have used just about every popular brand out there at some point. Quite frankly I find American made means nothing in regard to quality, and often falls short of the cheaper Chinese products.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will disagree with this. Everyone pushes American made jeep parts/bumpers as they are better. The main point seems to be the coating.

I see people bash on Smittybilt often as well.

I've bought many Smittybilt products and they by far have the most robust and durable powder coating.

Currently I have Smittybilt side armor and a Barricade front bumper. Both Chinese made I presume. They have made it through the Chicago winter without a speck of rust.

I have an American made rear bumper and tire carrier. It is littered with rust spots already.

All were put on the same day and went through the same winter.

I've had many wranglers and have used just about every popular brand out there at some point. Quite frankly I find American made means nothing in regard to quality, and often falls short of the cheaper Chinese products.
Agreed. There’s quality parts both American and foreign. Everyone’s experiences with different parts/companies is different also. And sometimes new parts, even from reputable companies, can have flaws. Powder coating to me isn’t a huge deal since my aunt works at a place that does powder coating so I can get a great deal if I need it.
I’ve just been struggling to find a bumper I like the design of, that also allows the wench to hide, plus have room for the fog lights, and a spot for my license plate.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey there,

Here is a link to the JL version of that bumper:

smittybilt-src-gen2-front-bumper-jl-77724-installed_0.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/src-gen2-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl

We do offer a forum discount for forum members. If you would like a quote for this bumper, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help!

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Hailey
Sponsored