Sponsored

Anyone else find the headrests intrusive?

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm 6'3" and my head is OVER the headreast and it doesn't bother me at all.
Because it is not hitting your head. If you get rear ended at a high speed, however, that headrest is going to slam right into the back of your neck. It will bother you then.
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Because it is not hitting your head. If you get rear ended at a high speed, however, that headrest is going to slam right into the back of your neck. It will bother you then.
Thanks, I will readjust my headrest..... Did not think about it.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I will readjust my headrest..... Did not think about it.
:like: It would suck to see a post about that. Honestly, I'll take the slight annoyance of the head rest over that type of injury.

This is why I like the full, tall back older Cherokee seats. If rear ended, it would keep my head from whipping back, but it wasn't annoying or intrusive.

OP
OP
Ehmsea

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Still have not heard from anyone who bend the headrest posts, I figured they would be tough. The force upon impact in a collision is really high. Really would have been nice to have ones that ratchet forward (tilt), but no joy. I might just see if my wife would rather use a small back pillow. That would allow her to lay the seat back just a bit and keep the same upright position. Only downside is you loose some lateral stability, so I'll have to slow down a bit when cornering...

:CWL:

"cornering" in my jeep...

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Philly boy! Spent some years there myself.

Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Mopar Headrest Removal Tool for 2018-19 JL Part Number 679-B87 $299.95 now shipping.
ryobi-gas-chainsaws-ry3716-64_1000.jpg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I tried to bend my driver headrest an inch by hand and couldnt do it....may put them in a vise at work and try again. I raised the headrest up to last notch and its liveable for now.

The rear seat headrests are worse...especially with car seats bc they push the car seat forward so the back portion of the car seat isnt touching the back portion of jeep sest and carseat is up against the headrest. The rear headrest flip down when you pull the latch to lay the back portion flat and are attached to the seat flip forward latch..so you cant remove them or bend them bc you'll probably break the latch assembly and wont be able to lay your seat flat. I wish there was a solution.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Just buy an adjustable headrest that fits your headrest posts

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I tried like hell to bend mine using all different methods, with the exception of the method of using a car jack, which I thought was a bit extreme. Nothing worked. They’re really solid. I broke a woodworkers vice off a work bench, split my basement staircase (I had cushioned part between two books and then jammed between the steps), started to crack the work bench which I had it clamped onto…

After I gave up I reclined my seat the smallest amount allowable from where I normally have it and it seems to have mostly solved my problem.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t find them intrusive until your trying to get that last drop of coffee, you have to turn your head sideways or lean up, :facepalm:.....:)